What if only one person in the car has a will call ticket?

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

What if only one person in the car has a will call ticket?

Postby Packoderm » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:31 am

Does the person get out of the car and walk up the traffic queue to get their will call taken care of and meet the car at the other side of the gate, or does he or she walk up, get their hard ticket, and walk back to the car? Or perhaps the car should drive up to the gate, the will call ticket holder get out there, and the car waits the hours it takes to deal with the will call? If the second scenario is the case, it seems will call ticket holders would become car pool poison to be avoided.
(currently Zeke Chaparral)
Packoderm

Re: What if only one person in the car has a will call ticke

Postby AntiM » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:35 am

The car goes to the will call lot and parks, then is directed back into the line when everyone has tickets in hand. The Gate does NOT want people walking over to and from will call from the traffic lanes.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:36 am

Make sure to stay in the far left hand lane for will call.. and yes.. the ENTIRE drive in.

:lol:
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:31 am

+100 to what they said. Don't let your will call passenger 'pull a runner' to try and go pick up their ticket while the rest of you are in anything other than the left lane. Otherwise, you'll end up being those jerks that hold up the entire line because you've hit the gate and not everyone is in the vehicle, and they've got to clear several lanes of traffic to get you over to the far left.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Complexity » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:00 am

junglesmacks wrote:Make sure to stay in the far left hand lane for will call.. and yes.. the ENTIRE drive in.

Not quite the far left - the second to far left. The far left is the exit ...

Jack Rabbit Speaks: wrote:#3. KNOW WHERE YOU NEED TO GO
Buying a ticket or picking up a Will Call ticket?: NEW FOR 2011 - WILL CALL IS LOCATED ON THE LEFT SIDE OF GATE ROAD AS YOU APPROACH THE GATE. STAY IN THE SECOND LANE FROM THE LEFT TO MAKE A LEFT TURN INTO THE WILL CALL LOT. (The left most lane on Gate Road is the exit lane). Go to Will Call, get your tickets and then get in line. Don't have one person in your vehicle go to will call while you wait in the entry line - every year many people lose their rides. Everyone must STAY WITH THEIR VEHICLE.
Complexity

Postby Bexx » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:25 am

the entire car goes. I drew the short stick last year (my first year, I didn't know no better) in the attempt to walk with the other Birgin who had to get her tix @ will call. I think we only got up about 6 cars before a jeep came up and asked us what was up. Told 'em and then was told to go back to the car. - Just trying to get back and FIND both cars was bad.

so yeah, don't do it. You will get lost and or hurt, and you will be told to go back.
fuckshit-tit-balls-goddamn motherfucker../Little Miss Swears A Lot!
Bexx

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp _____ (cock and balls)

Postby skibear » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:39 pm

You get a clusterfuck. The whole car has to wait at will call.

I had this problem last time with a hitchhiker. He can't walk in. I solved the problem by
having him get a ride in with another Will Call guy. Two hours later I met him on the inside with his stuff.
crash & burn ski lessons given
skibear

Postby dragonpilot » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:17 pm

C'mon...Will Call is fun! While your Will Callers are standing in line to redeem their tickets, the rest of ya get to get out and stretch and take in the sights and sounds of the area around Gate...check out the looks on the faces of the newbies!
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Token » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:05 pm

Just ditch the sucker in Reno and call it a week.

Sheesh, all this morality in Bartertown!
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks