Collaborative Pianist / Classical Guitarist

Collaborative Pianist / Classical Guitarist

Postby Nah-dee-ah » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:41 am

Hello!

Just wondering if there are any collaborative pianists out there that would like to do some art songs or arias. There are plenty of pianos around, and I'm sure we could find one easily. I'm a mezzo, and while I am trained as an opera singer, I also love any sort of jamming/experimental improv. Also, if there are any other opera singers out there that want to do duets, I would be very happy!! (or choristers :)

OR classical guitarists that want to do some Spanish piano and guitar songs (de Falla, Sor, etc.)

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Nadia
write_to_me_quik(at)hotmail(dot)com
Nah-dee-ah

Re: Collaborative Pianist / Classical Guitarist

Postby mamasaid » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:53 am

Nadia,

JSYK, there is a jazz cafe that hosts jam sessions every night, they are in the inner circle around center camp.

there is a theme camp called the singers sandbox that is located around the 3 plaza, the furthest one out. Renata runs it and her email is:
renata.martin@gmail.com

I run a choir as well. We don't do opera or classical, but gospel music.
if you are interested in that, let me know and I can send you music. we rehearse
w,t,f,s at 10:30 am at camp tweet n chill in the inner circle around center camp
on sunday morning, we give a sunday service that the choir performs at. we also sing for the critical tits ride at the end.

If I can be of help, let me konw. I play piano, but I'm not a good enough reader to assist you. Some songs I know and can accompany, like the Ave Maria, some easy Mozart, Ave Verum Corpus, and if the piano parts are easy enough, I could play, but I can't play any of the great art song master accompaniments...and certainly not out there. My brain can't handle it....!

best to you,

madi
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

Postby xaviermacx » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:49 pm

I PM'd you. Let me know what you think! :)
xaviermacx

Postby mamasaid » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:01 pm

I didnt see it, email me!

madis_service@yahoo.com
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

Postby fdj » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi I was at burning man for the first time last year 2013. I was wondering if you ever found someone to accompany you and if you planned on going back his year. I am a guitarist and I have experience working with singers. I have done some Spanish repertoire mostly the songs of Garica Lorca. Let me know if you are returning and if you are interested. I would also like to hear about your burning man experience and if you got a chance to sing.
Cheers,
Frank
fdj

Burning Since: 2013

Return to 2011 Art & Performance