DC Burners

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

DC Burners

Postby Sunkix4 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Hey there! Any DC burners NOT going to Burning Man this year??

I'll be in DC and wanted to see if there's anything going on Burn Night!!

xoxo
Sunkix4

Re: DC Burners

Postby Gen ov eve » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:18 pm

If you connect with DC Burners, please let me know. I live in White Post, VA, and just returned home from my first. I'm looking for burners within a few hours from me to meet,gather and get active with. Looking into a potential move to another state soon, especially if I do not connect with semi-local burners.
Gen ov eve

Postby chameleon » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:35 pm

im a DC burner! although not currently in the District, they are wonderful people and I would highly encourage you to get involved! Send me a message if you'd like and I can get you in touch with those who know whats going on!
chameleon

Postby deutlich » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:23 am

I'm in DC!

And I think WaxPraxis is local too! But I'm not sure if there are any more DC Burners on eplaya.

I'm gonna hit up some of the regional events asap -- I missed the '11 Burn but will not make the same mistake in 2012!
| Liebe alles | 2012 Burgin |
Avi: http://archann.deviantart.com/
deutlich

Postby Gen ov eve » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:05 am

Anybody around who can connect me with any dc/md/va burners... soon? Since before the burn, I've not had any luck in keeping conversations with anyone, let alone getting any response what so ever with the contact infos posted at regional info. What's going on DC? A little help please. Thank you <3
Gen ov eve

Postby deutlich » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:25 am

I noticed that too... a wee bit disorganized 'round these parts. But I suppose that's just all part of it. The regional event in Delaware is in October, but has sold out (Playa del Fuego). There's apparently a DC decom but I've got no details on where or when (yet). I'll share if I find out!
deutlich

Postby deutlich » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:35 am

deutlich

Postby Gen ov eve » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:18 pm

A million thank yous!!! I will be there. <3
Gen ov eve

Postby Jax Dee » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Yay! I don't know any Dc burners either, I am gonna do my best to be there on the 30th.
May All Beings Be Well
May All Beings Be Happy
May All Beings Be Free From Suffering
-Buddhist Blessing
Jax Dee

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Postby skibear » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:57 am

Thanks for links. I'm from Silver Spring. Tried to get the Mrs to go. She almost signed up but declined due to dust.
When I got home (3rd time) she was most annoyed that I went without her. Go figure?

Not sure if I'll go in future. Her friend is going next year so she may do another reversal.

My to do list included visiting the "88" camp -a DC group but I never made it.
crash & burn ski lessons given
skibear

Postby deutlich » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:45 am

You're all welcome!!!

I got my ticket last week and found the most comfy corset-style top at Goodwill yesterday for it! I'm a lil' nervous to wear it.. which is stupid, I know. But in default world I play by more rules than I care to (yaaay office desk job!). So my balls-out attitude about clothes ended shortly after college. I shouldn't worry about what I"m wearing anyway... but I just can't help it. It's my first burner decom/burner party EVER and I don't wanna feel like a tool.

Whoever's goin, lemme know! I'd LOVE to meet you @ the decom!!!
deutlich

Postby deutlich » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:40 am

One more thing!

There's a DC Burning Man Town Hall meeting this Saturday if any of you locals are interested!

Booger is coordinating and says "It is the first time we've tried to get folks together to talk about the issues floating around our Community related to the Big Burn as well as our local scene."

PM me for his email if your interested in more info! I got this off the BaltWash Burning List. :)
deutlich

I've got 2 Playa Del Fuego Tix for salq

Postby Chyrl65 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi--I got 2 Playa Del Fuego tix for sale but I can't go now :( I was really looking forward to my first burn but maybe next year. I'm hoping to sell the two tickets together--$100 for both. Email me at gypsyqueen@ymail.com if you're interested.
Chyrl65

Postby deutlich » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:37 am

Gettin' pumped about tonight! Looks like a few of us from eplaya will be there. I may not recognize some of you lovelies from your avatars but if you see me (assuming you saw the photos I posted to the photo thread) feel free to come right on up! I don't bite....

Usually.
deutlich

Postby Gen ov eve » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:38 am

My ride had to bail last minute due to sudden change in work schedule. I feel it is too late to find a ride now. I am an hour and a half away, in White Post, VA. If anyone can help me get there, great! If not, I'll keep checking the board for DC activity. I really was looking forward to tonight though, and if the universe will allow a sudden breeze of sweet majik, I'm open to it.
Gen ov eve

Postby deutlich » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:04 am

Bummer. I hope something works out!
deutlich

Postby deutlich » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:32 am

Santarchy in December!!!

http://santarchydc.com/
deutlich

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:46 am

deutlich wrote:Santarchy in December!!!

http://santarchydc.com/

Oh that looks like fun! :D

And, it looks like is actually IN D.C. so it doesn't piss me off by calling itself "DC" when it is really not. Not trying to be snooty, just, soooooooo so so so tired of being tricked into tracking down a "DC Burner" thing only to find out that it's out in some suburb somewhere... :evil:

...and do not get me started on self-styled "DC Burners" who straight-up admit they are too city-phobic to come in from the suburbs for a drink. :roll:
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby deutlich » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:39 am

I can't wait to get a costume thrown together for this!
deutlich

Postby Drawingablank » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:46 am

Wow that really looks like fun.

I like some of the costume suggestions too.

"2.Holiday apparel is mandatory. A Santa hat is not enough. Get a Santa suit. Buy a Santa suit. Make a Santa suit. Steal a Santa suit. If you don't have any money, be creative. If you don't have any creativity, slap yourself three times and ask your mom to help you. Glue cotton balls to red long johns. Make it purple. Make it pink. Make it plaid. Already have a Santa suit? Bring spare parts for the Santafication of strangers. Past examples: Santa Claws, Santa Garcia, Santa's naughty little helper, misfit toy, elf, grinch, angel, Jesus, snowman, nutcracker, reindeer. Shit -- last year we had a chicken, a panda, a bunny, and a gay french monkey, so we're pretty flexible here. (list of costume resources below)"

Reminds me of the guy in a santa suit that walked up to me in my playa coat and said he liked my santa suit. I was like ??? Magenta zebra print with holographic sparkles looks a santa suit to you? But I guess it did so my costume is halfway there if I am in the area for it, lol. Just need to make a matching hat.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:44 pm

SantarchyDC is December 17, DAB, so make that hat! :lol: I would love to see you here. 8)

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Postby Drawingablank » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:21 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:SantarchyDC is December 17, DAB, so make that hat! :lol: I would love to see you here. 8)

I'd love to attend, but that is one of my busiest days of the year at work so it's unlikely I'll make it. Turns out they do it here in NYC too but I won't likely make it there either. I may make the hat just for shits and giggles though. Just fed my fabric addiction with another 80 yards tonight so no shortage of materials here.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Drawingablank

Postby MyDearFriend » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:24 am

Drawingablank wrote: Just fed my fabric addiction with another 80 yards tonight so no shortage of materials here.

omfg DAB, I have been trying to add all that up in my mind and have come up with a really absurd number. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MyDearFriend

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:38 am

MDF, Jewellee is in the D.C. general area. You should hook her up. She's usually up for a party I should think.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby MyDearFriend » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:55 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:MDF, Jewellee is in the D.C. general area. You should hook her up. She's usually up for a party I should think.

Jewellee was at Santarchy last year, is what I think I remember from her Facebook pix, but she has un-friended me on there so... :?

MyDearFriend

Postby Drawingablank » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:02 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:
Drawingablank wrote: Just fed my fabric addiction with another 80 yards tonight so no shortage of materials here.

omfg DAB, I have been trying to add all that up in my mind and have come up with a really absurd number. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL, yah I had to promise the wife to stay out of the fabric stores for a while - I have a pile of faux furs, brocades, metallics, interfacing, and flannel linings that is about 4 feet wide and 8 feet tall. Hoping to finish the next brocade coat tonight - metallic silver brocade with curly red fur trim so it is also sort of Santa ish too.

Drawingablank

Postby deutlich » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:44 am

Apparently, aside from Veterans' day, 11-11-11 is also world Hoop Day. :)

http://www.dchoopcollective.com/
deutlich

Postby Dropout_Kitchen » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:56 am

Hi guys :) New guy here...

I work abroad but my home base is DC so I'm there fairly often. Would love to meet some people next time I'm in town. Anyone know of events going on Between Xmas and New Years?
"Out beyond our ideas of right and wrong, there is a field. I'll meet you there." -- Rumi
Dropout_Kitchen

Postby deutlich » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:56 am

Generally, that's a big yes.

Check burngingman.com for the DCBurners and BaltWash Burner lists -- most events get posted there.
deutlich

Postby MyDearFriend » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:20 am

From the Baltimore-Washington announce list:

DC Burner Town Hall Meeting

Monday, Feb 18th

Solly's U St Tavern, upstairs

7pm gather
7:30-9pm meeting
We will have the space to ourselves. The bar and the kitchen will be open, for those who want it. Stay as long as you want afterwards to continue brainstorming and connecting.

1942 11th St NW
Washington DC

I am going. 8)

MyDearFriend

Next

Return to Regionals & Events