The Black Rock City Fly Shop

The Black Rock City Fly Shop

Postby BRCFS » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:26 am

Hi all,
First time poster Cyrus here and I actually have and arts (crafts really) project this year. With all the mutant boats roving about the playa and now the Pier rising up out of the dust I decided the city needs an advocate for that most elegant form of fishing. I'm talking about fly fishing of course! Artificial lures with single barbless hooks are the only way to go. With that I give you the Black Rock City Fly Shop!
Come by the G-Spot (around 7:30 and A) Thrusday, Friday, and Saturday afternoons from 1 to 5pm and let me help you tie your own PlayaFly. PlayaFlies are oversized insect sculptures made out of whatever material you have on hand. PlayaFlies can be made out of nearly anything remotely durable and can even be made out of things you would normally be throwing away. Wire or rope can become legs, a water bottle can become wings, an old piece of Playa wear can become the body. I will be providing some basic materials as well as tools but you are encouraged to bring and add your own special touch. The G-Spot has a bar, rockin DJs, and a trampoline so you can dance, bounce, get your drink on, then tie a PlayaFly. Match the hatch for catching those hippies, ravers, goths, and the rare coveted shirtcockers! Take pictures of your catch then come to the shops Facebook page after the Burn to share your photos and tall tales: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Rock-City-Fly-Shop/236468609729176?sk=wall
I only will have supplies for about 70 flies (otherwise I won't ever get away from there!) so these are limited items.

Hope to see you out there!
Cyrus
BRCFS

Re: The Black Rock City Fly Shop

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:24 pm

OOOooh! Fishy want! Fish like silly irony!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Re: The Black Rock City Fly Shop

Postby Moongar » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:46 pm

Great idea, look forward to seeing you out there, I need one of these for my fly box.
Moongar

Return to 2011 Art & Performance