Australian and virgin burner needs a lift to the Man

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Australian and virgin burner needs a lift to the Man

Postby benstacey1 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Ben and I'm from Australia and am on my way towards my first ever Burning Man, very excited.

I was originally supposed to have a lift from LA up to the festival but unfortunately that has fallen through.

I will be in LA on the 28th of August and was wondering if it was possible to grab a lift with anyone to the event, obviously I'd be happy to chip in for gas money.

If there is no lift available is anyone aware as to greyhound busses or organised transport to the event that I may be able to take advantage of.

Cheers

Ben
benstacey1

Re: Australian and virgin burner needs a lift to the Man

Postby Savannah » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:24 pm

Hey Ben,

Post & search here:
http://rideshare.burningman.com

If worse comes to worse, catch a bus/train/plane to Reno and go to the rideshare desk on the first floor of the airport near the baggage carousel. Have a little gas money to offer. Be straightforward if you need to pick up water or food--lots of people with vehicles need to do some shopping first, too.

Good luck!
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby trilobyte » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:31 am

Hi - welcome to ePlaya! I'm giving this thread a nudge on over to the Share Resources board, since I think that would be a better fit and get a few more eyes on the page. Good luck!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Raymaker » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:11 am

you may find that a flight is cheaper than a bus, I'm not sure but thought I would mention that.
Raymaker

Return to 2011 Share Resources