Covering the entire BRC footprint in a tarp.

Should we still have porta potties?

Yes
63%
No
10%
I'm fucking Larry Harvey. (Take that anyway you want.)
27%

Total votes : 63

Re:

Postby pizzamancer » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:30 am

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:It still doesn't address the gender bias inherent in humanity.

It could be designed to be usable by either gender really easy (make 2 of the 4 "fountains" one long enough to straddle), but is only made for men to use. Meaning guys have the freedom to pee, but women are left in the lurch looking for a fracking commode hidden somewhere behind a locked door.

Get a pee funnel and shut the hell up.
pizzamancer

Burning Since: 2008

Re:

Postby Galaxo Magic » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:50 pm

lucky420 wrote:Now if they could put those urinals on a merry-go-round base or lazy susan...

Wow, I did not know that susan liked to get pee'd on while spinning around. But, I will take a whirl.....
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Re: Re:

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:28 pm

pizzamancer wrote:
Bay Bridge Sue wrote:It still doesn't address the gender bias inherent in humanity.

It could be designed to be usable by either gender really easy (make 2 of the 4 "fountains" one long enough to straddle), but is only made for men to use. Meaning guys have the freedom to pee, but women are left in the lurch looking for a fracking commode hidden somewhere behind a locked door.

Well, if that annoys you, you're just lucky I'm not piping up here.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Lassen Forge » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:48 am

pizzamancer wrote:

Says the guy from the land of gender neutral facilities...

Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Re: Covering the entire BRC footprint in a tarp.

Postby pizzamancer » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:54 am

Taking a crap in a squatter is a pleasure. Those things are great.

And Fishy - When an entire village sacrifices 2 Jots and gets an ADA toilet for you and you don't show up, your toiled complaint privileges are revoked for at least a year.
pizzamancer

Burning Since: 2008

Postby AntiM » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:03 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:
pizzamancer wrote:

Says the guy from the land of gender neutral facilities...

I can use one of those drunk off my ass, in heels and hose, at five in the morning, in the Roppongi Subway Station (grottiest place on earth so not touching anything with my hands but me and the toilet paper) ((if there is toilet paper, which there usually is not, so I have to get tissues out of my purse and I still haven't fallen over)), and not spill a drop on my dainty feet. HAH!

At least, I used to be able to do that balancing act.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Lassen Forge » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Little nicer than the Russian ones we were using... People always comment about the coarse paper, but it's not really as bad as one would think - it's better than the baby-wipe and lotion impregnated 4 ply "wipe with pudding" stuff in the states.

Not too bad, but you find out once inside that they haven't heard of Quicklime...

The bad ones are the blue JOTS units. at least they hose them out here. There... well, you know why women wear skirts. AND heels.

Of course, most looked more like this:

Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby BBadger » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:56 am

So has anyone actually encountered a pile of shit on the open playa? I'm not talking about people here, but feces. It just seems so wrong.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:02 am

I may have--if I did, I didn't get close enough to confirm identity.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby jkisha » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:12 am

Somebody posted somewhere here that someone had taken a dump in their camp on the esplanade one night. :shock:

You know, at first glance, some of those toilet facilities look pretty primitive and I'm thinking boy, glad we don't live like that here in the good 'ole USA. Then I think about all of our bridges ready to collapse for lack of repair, cringe remembering how many pot-holes I ride over everyday, the fact that our electric grid is so over-stressed to require rolling-brown or black outs, people hungry and begging in the streets, and I wonder how long it will be before we officially attain third world status. :cry:
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re:

Postby jkisha » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:17 am

BAS wrote:
Naw, it's the Puritan-ethic-thing. The Powers That Be are afraid people will use 'em for sex or something.

To those people, using them in public view is equated with sex or something! :?
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:22 am

jkisha wrote:Somebody posted somewhere here that someone had taken a dump in their camp on the esplanade one night. :shock:

You know, at first glance, some of those toilet facilities look pretty primitive and I'm thinking boy, glad we don't live like that here in the good 'ole USA. Then I think about all of our bridges ready to collapse for lack of repair, cringe remembering how many pot-holes I ride over everyday, the fact that our electric grid is so over-stressed to require rolling-brown or black outs, people hungry and begging in the streets, and I wonder how long it will be before we officially attain third world status. :cry:

+18
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby shroom » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:33 am

BBadger wrote:So has anyone actually encountered a pile of shit on the open playa? I'm not talking about people here, but feces. It just seems so wrong.

I haven't but I have seen evidence of people peeing on the art installations, quite disturbing to me.
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire." Fred Shero
shroom

Burning Since: 2010

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Okay, now I remember. Someone took a dump right in front of espresso camp the first year they had ice sales in 3 o'clock plaza. (07) So, I may or may not have seen one, but someone in my village gave up independent camping because they didn't want to deal with that crap.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby HaHaCoolness » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:21 am

Shit happens. Last year, someone took a dump in our camp's evap pond :shock: :evil: Ewwwwwww
HaHaCoolness

Postby BBadger » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:00 pm

HaHaCoolness wrote:Shit happens. Last year, someone took a dump in our camp's evap pond :shock: :evil: Ewwwwwww

The worst kind of hoverer.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Previous

Return to 2011 Theme