Book Lovers at BRC

Book Lovers at BRC

Postby The Rat Lady » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:46 pm

Books are Art of the Mind. One of our most significant rites of passage is when we learn to read.There will be a BookCrossing Zone in The Black Rock City Department of Mobility! (7 o'clock and center camp) Bring a book to donate or grab a book to take home with you! All books passing through the zone will receive a special "I have been to Black Rock City" sticker (until we run out) and will receive a journal entry once I get home and can sit down at the computer again. If you have a special book that means to much to release into the wild, bring it by, I will still sticker it for you! The zone will always be there (except when it is raining) so books can be taken or dropped off even if no one is there.
LOVE A BOOK? SET IT FREE!
"Outside of a dog, books are man's best friends. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read!"
Groucho Marx
The Rat Lady

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: BRC DoA/ Mobility Camp

Re: Book Lovers at BRC

Postby plastron » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:17 pm

So glad to see this, I will be dropping by with some great withdrawn library books.
plastron

Postby The Rat Lady » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Great plastron! I look forward to seeing you and your books! No city is complete without a free library. :D
"Outside of a dog, books are man's best friends. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read!"
Groucho Marx
The Rat Lady

Postby Savannah » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Cool idea! A library. Oh my goodness.

Our city is all grown up.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby The Rat Lady » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:10 pm

With any luck our books will fan out around the world and spread the Burning Man Culture!
Hey we will start with a big green trunk, and move up from there.
All books are welcome! Pre-loved books are always a special treat. I love to see them continue to live useful lives with new readers. :D
Groucho Marx
The Rat Lady

Return to 2011 Art & Performance