Playa Business Cards

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Playa Business Cards

Postby MutantV » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 am

I've worked with a friend making playa greeting cards with a friends previously, and that friend isn't able to go this year.
The project is to make up business cards for about a dozen people with a picture, playa name, playa address and email address on them. We made them in 2 X 3" size so that they'll fit 4 or 9 to a 4x6 picture. Then I order the pictures to be printed from a photo web site and mailed to BRC Post Office. For 9c each and 49c shipping I can send out 4 or 9 cards which then then just cut with scissors into a good way to keep in touch with a new friends on and off the playa. I send them out as a suprise whenever possible, and remind recepients not to moop the cards. I'd also ask you to email the cards to the recepient, which is a great way to make some new friends and probably get some really interesting playa gifts out of it.

Problem is, my photoshop skillz are lacking. Had I known earlier that I had to pick up the ball myself I could have learned some photoshop basics, but as it as I'm overwhelmed with trying to get the Mutant Vehicle stuff packed up, I'm wondering if any kind soul out there would be willing to help me design a dozen or so of these, maybe a simple template. The timeline for getting them to the BRC postoffice in time for the event opening is short. I got a portable photoprinter for on the playa this year, and if there's someone who can't make it who interested in participating, I'd like to be able to email photos along with playa names, playa addresses and email addresses for about a dozen more people for on the playa printing of business cards. All of my friends seem to be crazy busy, and I'm wondering if there's a couple kind burner souls who are up for this challenge. The cards can be quick and dirty, but if I end up doing them they won't be quick but will be very dirty indeed, and not in a good way.

I also encourage other burners to make their own cards for themselves and their friends. They're a lot of fun.
MutantV

Re: Playa Business Cards

Postby BBadger » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:44 pm

I'd help you if I were at home where I have my graphical applications, but I'm out of town until just before we leave for the burn.

My only suggestion is to see if you can use a template for Microsoft Word that are meant to be used with Avery business cards. Avery's website might have links to them, and I saw them in the Word 2007 template list. Then you just grab some clip-art (maybe the person's photo and a BM logo or two), and fill in the necessary details.

Good luck!
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Return to 2011 Share Resources