Installation - Inflection Points

Installation - Inflection Points

Postby j_cavera » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Our 2011 work is all about point of inflection: those singular moments in your life when everything changes; the brief periods of rest in between life stages. From the project description:

In form, this installation appears as a corner of an old room that has been torn away, with a chair facing the deep playa. The broken room represents the limitations of the old life and the chair facing the blank canvas of the playa represents the possibilities of the new. Next to the chair is an end table with a blank book and pen. The participant will be invited to not only sit and consider their own inflection points, but to write their narrative in the book.

So in order to load the book a bit before the burn, I'm collecting stories ahead of time. Send via private email (j_cavera at yahoo dot com) a short narrative about a moment in your life that defined what you have become. Keep it to about 500 words or so and please note that these will be public. So you may want to change names to protect the innocent (or guilty, whatever).

- Jim
j_cavera

Re: Installation - Inflection Points

Postby j_cavera » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:14 pm

One story so far. One is good -- thank you for that. More is better. Anyone?
j_cavera

Re: Installation - Inflection Points

Postby j_cavera » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Three stories thus far. Four days before I leave for the playa and I'd love to have some more stories. Just a few more please.
j_cavera

Return to 2011 Art & Performance