Will Call Verification and Transfer

Will Call Verification and Transfer

Postby PapaBear2120 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:28 am

Now that "Participant Services will soon be heading off to the playa, and won't be able to verify tickets or process will-call ticket transfer requests. When that happens, any email sent to partiserv(at)burningman(dot)com will get an out-of-office autoresponse message that will point out this page," how do we get verification and will call tickets transferred?

Thanks!
I'm only an asshole on the Playa. Especially when you give me a megaphone.
PapaBear2120

Re: Will Call Verification and Transfer

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:30 am

You don't.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby golgotha-a-go-go » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:38 am

At least, here is the procedure for late will call transfers. This is from the FAQ section.

LAST MINUTE WILL CALL CHANGES: If for some reason you have to give away or sell your ticket at the last minute (one week before the event or later), the person you have designated to be able to pick up your tickets MUST have:

1. A letter signed by you, the original ticket holder. This letter MUST state that you have given/sold the tickets to the person now picking them up and have their full name in the letter. Example: I John Doe, sold my two will call tickets to Jane Smith and I'm authorizing her to pick them up.
2. A photocopy of your driver's license and a photocopy of the credit card used to purchase the tickets (you can black out the first set of numbers, just make sure the last 4 numbers can be read). Remember, the full name on the driver's license must be clear. We need to be completely sure that you have given/sold your tickets to the person picking them up.
3. For ONLINE ORDER will call transfer: In addition to what's above, you MUST have the confirmation number.

As always for any will call pick up, the person picking up tickets must have THEIR photo ID as proof of who they are!
homo sum, nihil humani a me alienum est, puto...
golgotha-a-go-go

Postby PapaBear2120 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:40 am

Thanks for finding that. Knew there was some complicated tricky sh*t you could do :P
I'm only an asshole on the Playa. Especially when you give me a megaphone.
PapaBear2120

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:55 am

Thanks for the clarification, golgotha-a-go-go. I had been led to understand that when they shut down that was the end of it.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby gyre » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:42 pm

It sounds like the Ticket Overlords are making a special effort to provide this service as late as they can, due to the circumstances this year.

How long that will last, and how quickly they can do it, is unknown.

I was told some service will be available next week, online only.

If the requests are as numerous as Trilobyte mentioned, it will be hard for them to keep up.
gyre

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Stats this week have been 500+ requests a day. Three unsung heroes getting through them all as quickly as possible, they're still working out the logistics to keep things going as long as possible, as well as craft the auto-respond message for once they do depart.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Return to 2011 Tickets