any one need a bike?

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

any one need a bike?

Postby andromeda23 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:28 pm

i have a bike that i used last year that i'm willing to give to anyone that wants it pre-playa. it needs new brake pads but the frame is sturdy. the chain is a bit rusted, but i oiled it and it seems to be moving pretty well. it's a beater that just needs a little TLC. There's duct tape all over it, but it's coming off.. kinda. the wheels are good, the tires are good, it's yours if you want it.

Also, my dad has quite a few bikes that need much more TLC. basically you'd be getting a frame and some handle bars. my mom would be forever grateful for these things to find new homes. :) maybe some cutting and welding for that bike trailer you've always wished to had out there? or an art bike?

I'm in the Sacramento area.
PM me if interested.

I'm working on getting a couple of photos of it up of the usable bike, just having some issues finding a way to shrink my file size enough. going to try my phone cam.
andromeda23

Re: any one need a bike?

Postby andromeda23 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:24 pm

ok, here's a photo. i hope it's big enough.
Attachments
DSCF0645 small.jpg
DSCF0645 small.jpg (94.35 KiB) Viewed 593 times
DSCF0646 small.jpg
DSCF0646 small.jpg (37.09 KiB) Viewed 593 times
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ Christopher Robin to Pooh
andromeda23

Postby andromeda23 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:08 pm

this bike is taken!
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ Christopher Robin to Pooh
andromeda23

Postby andromeda23 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Disregard previous post. bike will not work for him. it has been discovered that the tires are a mere 24". so bike is still available.
andromeda23

Postby clerkkent » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:49 pm

wow, that one inch of overall height difference will render the bike useless. Gawd forbid that the seatpost gets raised by one inch. :wink:
7 burns and counting. Each one gets better.
clerkkent

Postby andromeda23 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:15 am

The problem is the stroke is too small and the guy was taller. He tried a bike at a shop to test it too see if it can work but it was too uncomfortable for him to ride. so this bike will work well for.someone shorter. :)
andromeda23

Return to 2011 Share Resources