Suicidal Tendencies

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Suicidal Tendencies

Postby graidawg » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:34 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:There is no justice on eplaya, alas.

dammit once again i plonk someone just before yhey get zapped into eplaya oblivion. I'm cursed!
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby maryanimal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:You're right. I wonder what he did. It does sort of take the zest of plonking him.

Earlier today there was a new thread called Can't go to the playa or something like that. I can't remember the OPs name but he was depressed he couldn't go this year. So a few of us gave him some ideas on what to do and some links to find things/places/people. The H&T came in, made a short comment and then went into this diatribe about the government and children in poverty and blah blah blah yak yak yak Then he made a snide comment to the OP in the middle of the whole dern thing. And when I say it was a looooong drawn out piece of political rhetoric b.s., believe me, it was. So I said that comment should have been put in Politics instead of highjacking the OP's thread....blah blah blah yada yada yada.

So he *sniff* told me I was *weeping* on his*crying*foes liiiiiiiissst!!!*waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh* heeheeheehee
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby swampdog » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:45 pm

At this point I'd have been insulted NOT to be on his foes list.
swampdog

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby BAS » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:40 am

I think I'm glad I missed it. (Sure, there's a lot to complain about with regards to the government [actually, when I read a book about international trade, there was a comment to the effect that complaining about the government is an American pass time], but in a thread about not being able to go to TTITD? Plus a snide remark about the OP in the middle of it?)

Darn. Now I feel left out by not making the"enemies list." I must be doing something wrong. :?
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

Postby lucky420 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:14 am

BAS, don't feel left out and all alone. You made the list darling, you are a foe :lol: too. If you click on H & T's foes list under his postings you should be able to see the list...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:21 am

maryanimal wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:You're right. I wonder what he did. It does sort of take the zest of plonking him.

Earlier today there was a new thread called Can't go to the playa or something like that. I can't remember the OPs name but he was depressed he couldn't go this year. So a few of us gave him some ideas on what to do and some links to find things/places/people. The H&T came in, made a short comment and then went into this diatribe about the government and children in poverty and blah blah blah yak yak yak Then he made a snide comment to the OP in the middle of the whole dern thing. And when I say it was a looooong drawn out piece of political rhetoric b.s., believe me, it was. So I said that comment should have been put in Politics instead of highjacking the OP's thread....blah blah blah yada yada yada.

So he *sniff* told me I was *weeping* on his*crying*foes liiiiiiiissst!!!*waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh* heeheeheehee

what i find most interesting is that this thread disappeared along with here and there...
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Foxfur » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:01 am

Here and there wrote:And, of course, I'm "adding you to my foes list", as the system now describes the action of putting somebody on ignore. I know as many narcissists as I care to.

I've never done this before but I'm plonking your bitchy, whining, motherfucking apathetic ass. Please consider this as my formal application to be on your list. Seems all of my friends are there.
Oversensitve fucktard.
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby jkisha » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:04 am

:shock:
Foxfur wrote:
Here and there wrote:And, of course, I'm "adding you to my foes list", as the system now describes the action of putting somebody on ignore. I know as many narcissists as I care to.

I've never done this before but I'm plonking your bitchy, whining, motherfucking apathetic ass. Please consider this as my formal application to be on your list. Seems all of my friends are there.
Oversensitve fucktard.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:09 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
maryanimal wrote:

what i find most interesting is that this thread disappeared along with here and there...

it could be under quarentine pending further review.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Foxfur » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:10 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:

User does not exist...
Aww fuck. How'm I supposed to plonk him :D
I guess he suicided right outta here.
Yay!

He seemed to be off his meds.
jkisha wrote::shock:
Foxfur wrote:

Oversensitve fucktard.

His post came across as overly dramatic and sanctimonious to me.
I think that's the first time I really used foul language / insult against another eplayan. :oops:
My apologies if I've offended anyone :(
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby jkisha » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:11 am

Damn, I always miss the good stuff! :( :?
theCryptofishist wrote:what i find most interesting is that this thread disappeared along with here and there...

it could be under quarentine pending further review.[/quote]
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Postby BAS » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:58 am

lucky420 wrote:BAS, don't feel left out and all alone. You made the list darling, you are a foe :lol: too. If you click on H & T's foes list under his postings you should be able to see the list...

Why, you are correct! I made the list and didn't even know it! That actually has improved my mood considerably.

YAY!

Thanks for pointing it out to me.
BAS

Postby OregonRed » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:26 am

Awwwwww! I didn't make the list! *kicks the dirt* Dangit!
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

OregonRed

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Postby BAS » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 am

Starts to give OR a reassuring hug, then pauses to check his deodorant, thereby missing the moment.... :oops:
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Postby graidawg » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:08 am

BAS wrote:Starts to give OR a reassuring hug, then pauses to check his deodorant, thereby missing the moment.... :oops:

pounces on BAS not wanting a moment to be missed completely (((((((((((((((((hug )))))))))))))))))))))))
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
graidawg

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Wow, he had blyslv on that list. How long ago did he last post?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby BAS » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:18 am

graidawg wrote:
BAS wrote:Starts to give OR a reassuring hug, then pauses to check his deodorant, thereby missing the moment.... :oops:

pounces on BAS not wanting a moment to be missed completely (((((((((((((((((hug )))))))))))))))))))))))

ACK! Help! I'm being attacked!
(figures out it is a hug, not an attack.)

Er, uhm, thanks. :oops:
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Postby graidawg » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:21 am

BAS wrote:
graidawg wrote:

ACK! Help! I'm being attacked!
(figures out it is a hug, not an attack.)

Er, uhm, thanks. :oops:

right lets go hug OR in a surpise pincer hug, there is no defence against a well applied pincer hug.
completely unconcerned.
graidawg

Postby Frostyfire » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:57 pm

hello all . ... what can i say . awesome burn... it took me apart and put me back together in a whole new way. very poiniant to my being. the universe truly took my hand and led me to where and when i needed to be. it told me that i am a positive force in this world and that there are millions of people out there that need (i stress the word need) me to stay . i cant tell you how many folks who's lives iv touched in profound ways while working at the brc international post office and how they touched mine . for the first time in a very long time im happy . truly contented , i know what it is to truly smile and feel it in my heart . i cant remember the last time i shed tears of unadulterated joy (today in the car heading over to dammit bills house) before going to TTITD.i also laid to rest a childhood longing for a place of rememberance for my nana. my aunt took her ashes and dissapered from the family effectivly stealing any chance to visit my nannas resting place .. temple changed that for me in a massive way. while i was remembering the times i had with my nana i suddenly cought the scent of burned sage on the breeze . a scent from my childhood readily recognisable to me because of the random brush fires out in dayton where i stayed with nana. it told me that it was ok that i didnt have a grave site to send up my heart to her . that i thought about her was enough and that it was ok if i said what was needed at the temple. (i cryed my ass off that night) when it was over i wandered the crowd dispenseing huggs like life giving water to any and all that would let me .(and that would be everyone i aproached) i hugged 3 temple builders, through tear blinded eyes and emotion wracked wispers i thanked them with my whole heart that they gave me a place to comunicate with my departed grandmother and passed friends .. i left them in joyous tears....... i just got back today and im still processing the events of last week and there full rammifications on my soul ... il be updating soon
just know .. im ok
doing better than i have in so very very long
thank you temple builders and a warm thankyou to burning man

Frosty bitchgiggles (yes thats my full playa name)
"the universe is as it should be"
"we live , we learn , we grow "
Frostyfire

Postby maryanimal » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:00 pm

I need some insight as to what goes through someones mind when they're about to end their life. but backed out.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby Nipple » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:15 pm

This was actually back when I lived up in your area. I was in Cheney. Life was just all kinds of wrong. I won't get into the specifics, but... I think some pretty heavy seasonal depression, a winter that was never going to end, my marriage coming to an end (this was/is a positive thing, but stressful none the less) and a bunch of other interpersonal factors lead me to an attempt.

The police are actually what ended up stopping me, though they didn't know it. I was walking elsewhere, and stopped to get some cigarettes. I was fairly distraught, and the gas station was closed, but the guy was standing right there inside. So I tried talking him into selling me cigarettes... I guess my wigged out presence gave him the willies. I didn't know it, but he went in back and called the cops.

Cheney is pretty small. After a few moments of me wondering if he was going to come back out, I turned around and realized I was surrounded by 4 cops. They just kept asking me questions, and I was drunk, and freaked out and at that point I just wanted to stop interacting with them.

I asked the magic (I didn't know it was magic then) "Can I go, please?" He answered "Sure... you're not breaking any laws." Then let me go. They would have just kept me there asking me questions until... I don't know.

The whole experience kinda moved me past the moment. It didn't FIX anything, but kinda moved the needle away from a bad outcome.
Nipple

Postby jkisha » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:16 pm

maryanimal wrote:I need some insight as to what goes through someones mind when they're about to end their life. but backed out.

Why don't you just ask? You wouldn't have had that opportunity had he not backed out, so take advantage of it.
JK
jkisha

Postby maryanimal » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:17 pm

I am asking John. Right here and now. I know it may be hard for people to say on the board but pmming me might be helpful. I tell nothing to anyone else who pm's me. I'm a stickler for confidentiality. But thanks for sharing nipple. ((((hugs)))) And Cheney is STILL a small town!
maryanimal

Postby Shpilkus » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:34 pm

I have read, that people who attempt suicide and fail, never try it again. (I could be wrong) They realize how much they have to live for and how much people around them love them.
Some of the saddest stuff I see, is when a high school age person takes their own life. They have no idea that life gets better. That bad time they're feeling is just a blip in the scope of the world, and they are making a drastic and horrible decision at that moment.
Things get better, the sun shines again, and there are lots of good reasons to work on growing to be an old, crabby and crotchety person.
My goal in this life, is to be the only person left at my last high school reunion. So far, so good!
needles, sewing pins | shpilkes (shpil'∙kes) | שפּילקעס
Shpilkus

Postby Nipple » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Shpilkus wrote:I have read, that people who attempt suicide and fail, never try it again. (I could be wrong) They realize how much they have to live for and how much people around them love them.

Yea, that's not true. A lot of times what pushes people towards suicide is clinical depression. With depression, it doesn't matter how many/much the people near them love them. Sometimes, it's just chemical.
Nipple

Postby jkisha » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:59 pm

I can tell you from personal experience that is entirely not true.
Shpilkus wrote:I have read, that people who attempt suicide and fail, never try it again. (I could be wrong) They realize how much they have to live for and how much people around them love them.
Some of the saddest stuff I see, is when a high school age person takes their own life. They have no idea that life gets better. That bad time they're feeling is just a blip in the scope of the world, and they are making a drastic and horrible decision at that moment.
Things get better, the sun shines again, and there are lots of good reasons to work on growing to be an old, crabby and crotchety person.
My goal in this life, is to be the only person left at my last high school reunion. So far, so good!
JK
jkisha

Postby maryanimal » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:31 pm

I can tell you from personal experience that though it may be true some will never try it again, in the case of Pat, an accomplished drummer, he would attempt suicide knowing someone would find him before it was too late, which he did a few times a year. Before his last attempt he called a friend of his who he usually called strung himself up, but the guy never got the message. He left his phone home that day. when got the mesage, he raced over the only to find him hanging in the garage.

I feel if people want to end their lives they will. some people, such as Pat, was crying out for help and attention. It's just sad all around, Depression IS a chemical thing, but sometimes misdiagnosis or the wrong type meds can can throw a person off a bridge.
maryanimal

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:29 pm

maryanimal wrote:I need some insight as to what goes through someones mind when they're about to end their life. but backed out.

I have a problem with the way you are wording this. Seems to me, that if someone is about to end his/her life, and then holds off for whatever reason, lays down the gun, steps away from the edge, puts the cap back on the bottle or the vial back in the fridge...

This is not "backing out." This is "facing up."

That moment in time when you know you can die, one more move and you are done... Damn.

If you are still standing after that particular gut-check, you have not backed out of anything; quite the reverse, in fact. Please do not devalue that wretched little achievement.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby ygmir » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:39 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby jkisha » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:53 pm

depression.jpg
depression.jpg (15.24 KiB) Viewed 665 times
JK
jkisha

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion