Suicidal Tendencies

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Suicidal Tendencies

Postby Frostyfire » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:52 pm

wow .. the past few days have ben rather interesting . it seems the universe is getting down right chatty with me lately . a few random sources have ben imparting universal truths in my path and, at unexpected times. i find im smiling a lot more recently. not the fake mechanical thing i flash repetedly, but true joy . its like opening windows in a stuffy house to let in a fresh summer breeze... as we come closer to TTITD, i find im surrounded by people just as dammaged as me and live there lives in pain and frustration.... i feel a need to help when i see it in others, so i can only imagine what those around me would feel if they truly knew what i am going through, how much they would want to help. so,, as we crawl through the last remaining days till BM and the universe floods me with insights to my rougher edges..... i have discovered to my chagrin how many people would really miss me being around . regardless of the circumstances.that knowledge made me cry (good tears). i have ben so buisy with last min projects (which friends of mine lit the creative fire for) and the happy little diddy " going to burningman, going to burningman , that i have actually had to set my past aside (whats ahead is far more pleasant than whats behind me)... you have all helped me get to this point :D , and i must admit that i feel the universe is urging me to go to the M&G, to set asside my fears and anxiety, take a chance and have some faith, to take that metaphysical leap into the unknown.... i think il be ok. .. so my question to yall .

when where what time .
turns eyes to the stars (please not wed or 6-8,,, mandatory practice for the burn)
"the universe is as it should be"
"we live , we learn , we grow "
Frostyfire

Postby Foxfur » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:47 am

Yay Frosty! Sounding good...
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby MyDearFriend » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:19 am

FrostyFrostyFrostyFire, the eplaya Meet & Greet is Thursday from 6-8, Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro. 3:30 and Engagement Street. If you have to be somewhere else at that time, then, come by early and help us set up! Or come by late and help us drag away the limp bodies... :lol:

Big (((HUG))) Just show up sometime!
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:18 am

MDF, we're not going to go through the effort of dragging the bodies away. I say we just bury them and be done with it.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Foxfur » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:MDF, we're not going to go through the effort of dragging the bodies away. I say we just bury them and be done with it.

You got a BBQ, Doc?
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby graidawg » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Foxfur wrote:
Dr. Pyro wrote:MDF, we're not going to go through the effort of dragging the bodies away. I say we just bury them and be done with it.

You got a BBQ, Doc?

EEEEWWWWW i dont want me no bbq hippy pot luck or not that is a step too far.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby BAS » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:08 pm

graidawg wrote:
Foxfur wrote:

You got a BBQ, Doc?

Hey, waste not, want not! Meat is meat, or something like that!
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

Postby MyDearFriend » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:12 pm

graidawg wrote:
Foxfur wrote:

You got a BBQ, Doc?

Well I don't see "bodies" in our LNT plan so... we will have to think of something. :?

Perhaps we could gift them to Terminal City.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Postby gaminwench » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:28 pm

And if we use enough BBQ sauce, the patchouli taste is hardly noticeable...
"I'm sorry, but just the thought of a non-controversial thread on ePlaya is controversial." jk
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby Foxfur » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:52 pm

gaminwench wrote:And if we use enough BBQ sauce, the patchouli taste is hardly noticeable...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby MyDearFriend » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:55 pm

Foxfur wrote:
gaminwench wrote:And if we use enough BBQ sauce, the patchouli taste is hardly noticeable...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*adds barbecue sauce to the shopping list*

MyDearFriend

Postby Here and there » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:08 pm

maryanimal wrote:She has these major upswings and down swings. I've known her for some times now and I know she's BiPolar. She has all the characteristics. She's suicidal at times, and it scare me to death

It should. Somebody said that far more people threaten suicide than actually go through with it. Globally true, perhaps, but we're not looking at somebody we know nothing about, some random person grabbed out of the general population. We're looking at somebody who seems manic depressive, and that would have to change the odds in a bad way.

She needs to see a professional. Just being there for her won't be enough, any more than just being there for somebody with malaria would be enough. This is a medical condition. Has she seen somebody? Would she be willing to see somebody, if only to "humor" you?
When in doubt, hit the ignore key. You'll seldom miss anything worth reading, and your blood pressure will thank you.

My Homepage: Torchlight
Other Pages: My Foes List
Here and there

Postby maryanimal » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:13 pm

[quote="Here and there

It should. Somebody said that far more people threaten suicide than actually go through with it. Globally true, perhaps, but we're not looking at somebody we know nothing about, some random person grabbed out of the general population. We're looking at somebody who seems manic depressive, and that would have to change the odds in a bad way.

She needs to see a professional. Just being there for her won't be enough, any more than just being there for somebody with malaria would be enough. This is a medical condition. Has she seen somebody? Would she be willing to see somebody, if only to "humor" you?[/quote]

I haven't heard from her in a long while. I text her and call her but she won't answer me back. I love my friend and I miss her a lot. There's nothing I can do. Hopefully she sought help and is working on getting well. That would be an answered prayer for me.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby Here and there » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:38 pm

maryanimal wrote:I haven't heard from her in a long while. I text her and call her but she won't answer me back.

Uh, oh. Bad sign.

maryanimal wrote:I love my friend and I miss her a lot. There's nothing I can do.

Maybe there is. Have any common friends? A visit in person, if practical, might help, especially if you bring the friend with. Dismissing letters on a screen is a lot easier than dismissing somebody who's standing outside one's door.

maryanimal wrote:Hopefully she sought help and is working on getting well. That would be an answered prayer for me.

I hope that happened, but turning away from the world is what I've seen people I've known do when they've really gone into a deep dive, right before the end. You might want to visit her soon, and talk to her while she's still able to listen.
When in doubt, hit the ignore key. You'll seldom miss anything worth reading, and your blood pressure will thank you.

Here and there

Postby Here and there » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:16 pm

But, on the other hand, given certain circumstances mentioned elsewhere and your attitudes about them, I suddenly find that I don't give a rat's ass about your problems, any more.

Here and there

Postby Here and there » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:29 pm

And, of course, I'm "adding you to my foes list", as the system now describes the action of putting somebody on ignore. I know as many narcissists as I care to.

Here and there

Postby graidawg » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:33 pm

such good advice when ignorance leaps up and bites you, sometimes people just forget basic humanity.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby lucky420 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: just looked at your foes list. I shall consider myself to be in good company then....

Oh yeah, fuck your day! That is all.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby BAS » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Well, I agree with Here and There's advice as of the 16th. I have no idea what the following stuff is all about. (Among other things, I am not approved for the linked forum.)

Anyway, good luck with your friend. Cutting oneself off from other is part of the downward spiral. Having someone check up in person seems like a good next move.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

Postby maryanimal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Here and there wrote:But, on the other hand, given certain circumstances mentioned elsewhere and your attitudes about them, I suddenly find that I don't give a rat's ass about your problems, any more.

Dang ...what ever will I so now...oh woe. (Yaaaewwwnn) is me. "
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby jkisha » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Yup, I'm in good company on that list. I'm actually flattered. :roll:

lucky420 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: just looked at your foes list. I shall consider myself to be in good company then....

Oh yeah, fuck your day! That is all.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby swampdog » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Sorry to follow this distraction, but I'm going to do it anyway.

no wonder we don't see much of here and there - he's made us all foes. I am shocked and honored to be on that list. I don't think I post enough for anyone to care and I try to keep my opinions fair and my language peaceful.

His post here where he decides MA is a foe is - peculiar. He posted a long rant, she disagreed with him, so now he can't talk to her anymore. That's just sad, and too typical of many in America's political debates today. "You don't agree with me so I won't listen to anything you say". That's just sad, and stupid.
swampdog

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby Sic Pup » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:55 pm

Considering this he can't talk to anyone.
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby jkisha » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:25 pm

Sic Pup wrote:Considering this he can't talk to anyone.

That link is no longer working. Or is it just not working for me?
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby swampdog » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:45 pm

I think here and there has left the building
swampdog

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:56 pm

no, it's not working. I got some sort of "User does not exist" message.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby swampdog » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:02 pm

I think the user here and there has been deleted or disabled. Click on his username.
swampdog

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:04 pm

You're right. I wonder what he did. It does sort of take the zest of plonking him.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Really? How did I not rate being on the "foes" list? I even told him I was plonking him. So not fair.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:27 pm

There is no justice on eplaya, alas.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion