Snark Here, not at the Newbs.

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Snark Here, not at the Newbs.

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:39 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
FIGJAM wrote:Another one for the angry ticket people....

I thought that Billy Joel had stolen this fine Styx song.

Mr. Joel released the "turnstiles album" in 1976, a year before the styx song came out.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Foxfur » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:38 pm

I really wanna post something but I won't...
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby gaminwench » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:00 pm

DO IT!!!
"I'm sorry, but just the thought of a non-controversial thread on ePlaya is controversial." jk
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby MyDearFriend » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Well if you won't Foxy then I will.

SOP, I love you man but, speaking here as a 1000% Womanly Woman and Married Mother, I find no trace of anti-breeder misogyny in JKisha's posts, and I have real good radar for that. :? Having never been to BRC myself, I did not think my opinion was needed in that "bring my baby?" thread, but, I agree with JK and with DAB on the whole Darwin thing she's got going there. Geez. Stupidity is the only crime that is always punished. Poor kid, either way...
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:16 am

we agree to disagree then.

i calls them as i sees them, and thats what i saw, and it needed addressing.

i will not hold my tongue to adhere to some PC notion that certain groups or affiliations are above critique.

i stand by what i said.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:07 pm

Here we have one of those horrible wars of multiple, contradictory truths in action.
1--We live on an over-populated planet, which is driving us all closer to doom (and I'm not talking about the fun, Kernel Kilbuck kind).
2--Children are a joy and a delight and being a parent warms and opens your heart in ways you never anticipated.
3--Not everyone loves everyone else's kid.
4--Not everyone is a fit parent, and no one is 100%.

I don't know if jk hates women. I don't get that vibe.
crud, I can't think of what to say that will "fix" this. As far as I can see, it's not "fixable." I respect both parties, and don't want to see this continue, but maybe the best I can do is ask for mutual plonking.

*sigh*
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:17 pm

in deference to the fish, i shall cease and desist, or at least hold my tongue.

i will speak no more on this issue.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby jkisha » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:57 pm

I don't. Your vibe is correct. I'm not sure where SOP picked that up, but he's been nursing it for awhile now. I found out he blocked me on the old board for being anti-breeder or anti-women or something. My comments on that girl bringing her baby would have been the same had it been a single father. :roll: I really didn't think you needed me to defend myself, but I wanted to make sure you had no misconceptions. I have lots of faults, but woman-hater is certainly not one of them. (The truth be told, I don't get along all that well with some lesbians. :oops: )
theCryptofishist wrote:Here we have one of those horrible wars of multiple, contradictory truths in action.
1--We live on an over-populated planet, which is driving us all closer to doom (and I'm not talking about the fun, Kernel Kilbuck kind).
2--Children are a joy and a delight and being a parent warms and opens your heart in ways you never anticipated.
3--Not everyone loves everyone else's kid.
4--Not everyone is a fit parent, and no one is 100%.

I don't know if jk hates women. I don't get that vibe.
crud, I can't think of what to say that will "fix" this. As far as I can see, it's not "fixable." I respect both parties, and don't want to see this continue, but maybe the best I can do is ask for mutual plonking.

*sigh*
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:03 pm

A baby at burning man is a dangerous idea. To expose an infant to the dust is irresponsible and abusive. Not to mention exposing the rest of us to her baby is also horribly rude. I'd rather see a gang of shirtcockers every day than a baby in that environment.
Suck it. -PlayaWaste Raiders
"They're like a bunch of Honey Badgers in a sea of hippies." -Goathead
Dr Jet Sinister

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:07 pm

I don't think anyone is advocating taking a baby out there, in this thread at least, Dr. Jet.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Add to that she sounds about as mature as my daughter was at about 14. I hope to hell she listens and leaves her kid at home - I don't wanna be the dispatcher on duty getting the call for a code on an 8 M/O...
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:11 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:I don't think anyone is advocating taking a baby out there, in this thread at least, Dr. Jet.

I understand that. The point was it upsets people to even think about it, so having some aggro towards her is reactionary instead of habitual. Personally, I called her all kinds of horrible names that people would associate with any misogynist and I don't believe that's made me anti-woman or anti-breeder at all. Perhaps it's just that time of the year, when all of us are a little tightly wound.
Dr Jet Sinister

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:13 pm

Dr Jet Sinister wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:I don't think anyone is advocating taking a baby out there, in this thread at least, Dr. Jet.

I understand that. The point was it upsets people to even think about it, so having some aggro towards her is reactionary instead of habitual. Personally, I called her all kinds of horrible names that people would associate with any misogynist and I don't believe that's made me anti-woman or anti-breeder at all. Perhaps it's just that time of the year, when all of us are a little tightly wound.

I agree about the aggro. Sorry I misunderstood.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:17 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Dr Jet Sinister wrote:

I agree about the aggro. Sorry I misunderstood.

No apologies needed. I just wanted to rant about stupid. I should have made my intent more transparent.
Dr Jet Sinister

Postby jkisha » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:30 pm

Are you sure? You better ask SOP about that. :shock:
Dr Jet Sinister wrote:

JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:37 pm

I'm sure if I step far enough out of line he'll let me know. ;)
I don't believe you were being anti-gender at all, just anti-stupid. As for any past remarks, I have no way of judging that. Like I said, we are all wound a little tight at the moment.
jkisha wrote:Are you sure? You better ask SOP about that. :shock:
Dr Jet Sinister wrote:

Dr Jet Sinister

Postby jkisha » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:03 pm

I try to be an equal opportunity offender. :wink:
Dr Jet Sinister wrote:I'm sure if I step far enough out of line he'll let me know. ;)
I don't believe you were being anti-gender at all, just anti-stupid. As for any past remarks, I have no way of judging that. Like I said, we are all wound a little tight at the moment.
JK
jkisha

Postby MisaBlue » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:04 pm

jkisha wrote:She's an uneducated, single mother, most likely getting some sort of financial assistance, most likely a hippie. The kid is six or eight months old and has never had a meal that didn't come from mommies tit? Shell probably be breast feeding it till it's five! :shock: Let her bring it, the gene pool needs filtered from time to time, better now than after it grows up and gets on the government tit.

I dont want to pour fuel into the fire, but here are my two cents.

When I first read JKs post, I was very surprised about what is marked in colour. Surprised in negative way, because I felt this is very but very nasty. I dont know if this is the part which get SOP angry and I wont speak for him, because he can speak for himself.
After the first moment, when I wanted to write something not nice in answer, I just realized how tricky internet is and how some things can be misunderstood or misinterpreted. And I dont have feeling JK would be gay antiwoman evil :) so I just assume I am over reacting and understand this in other meaning that it was actually meant.
Hope this make some sense :D

It is not about this particular women, I think she is dumbo...and I think if you wanna bring such a small baby, you really have to have good equipment and be the hell responsible and prepared it will totally be all about the baby and that it also can have impact on others...

Postby illy dilly » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:36 pm

O man, look at this one!
PRICELESS!!!

He'll even trade you a Van Gogh look a like!

Very Unique Story

Can you believe it? An unemployed painter! Truly one of a kind!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:43 pm

That has to be a troll. :shock:
Dr Jet Sinister

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:12 pm

MisaBlue wrote:
jkisha wrote:She's an uneducated, single mother, most likely getting some sort of financial assistance, most likely a hippie. The kid is six or eight months old and has never had a meal that didn't come from mommies tit? Shell probably be breast feeding it till it's five! :shock: Let her bring it, the gene pool needs filtered from time to time, better now than after it grows up and gets on the government tit.

When I first read JKs post, I was very surprised about what is marked in colour. Surprised in negative way, because I felt this is very but very nasty. I dont know if this is the part which get SOP angry and I wont speak for him, because he can speak for himself.
After the first moment, when I wanted to write something not nice in answer, I just realized how tricky internet is and how some things can be misunderstood or misinterpreted. And I dont have feeling JK would be gay antiwoman evil :) so I just assume I am over reacting and understand this in other meaning that it was actually meant.

It is not about this particular women, I think she is dumbo...and I think if you wanna bring such a small baby, you really have to have good equipment and be the hell responsible and prepared it will totally be all about the baby and that it also can have impact on others...

Oh Misa, I don't think JK needs white-knighting at all but there are actually way too many women in this country who pig-headedly decline to introduce foods at the proper time and also, decline to wean from the breast until the child goes to school. Single mothers seems particularly prone to this type of enmeshment. This is a seriously fucked up way to raise a child and, it really sounds like this mom is going down that road.

Seriously, this babe is missing out on food and missing her developmental challenges if she is 100% breast fed still at 8 months. JK is very well-informed for someone who supposedly hates breeders. :roll:
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby jkisha » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Actually I can appreciate your reaction to that comment. It wasn't meant to be nice, so let's get that out of the way up front. But I meant it in the sense of "in the United States most mothers want to get the kid off the breast and onto the bottle as quickly as possible and are usually starting to feed them other foods as soon as they can". My implication being that she nursed way longer than the average mother in this country and in turn, the conclusion was "she must be some sort of hippie". I have nothing against breast feeding, in fact I actually believe it better to nurse up until the baby is two for many reasons, it just doesn't happen here. Last I read on this, many other countries nurse much longer...some over six years or more! Now I do find that a bit weird. So, sorry if my remark was either taken differently as it was meant or if you found it offensive.

MisaBlue wrote:

Last edited by jkisha on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JK
jkisha

Postby Isotopia » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:55 pm

john, this is why we dont let vicious anti-breeder homosexuals like you run social services.

your assumptions and snide comments, if in fact are what you indeed feel, and are not some snark put up to provoke, are fucking disgusting.

boy, talk about putting the B in Bitchy...

So Simon, what with your own pretentious outrage and hypocritical indignation I'm assuming you'll ante up and pay for the Clueless One's ticket and her on-playa child care?
Isotopia

Postby jkisha » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Iso, where have you been! Missed you here. Going to the burn this year?
JK
jkisha

Postby MisaBlue » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:49 am

jkisha wrote:Actually I can appreciate your reaction to that comment. It wasn't meant to be nice, so let's get that out of the way up front. But I meant it in the sense of "in the United States most mothers want to get the kid off the breast and onto the bottle as quickly as possible and are usually starting to feed them other foods as soon as they can". My implication being that she nursed way longer than the average mother in this country and in turn, the conclusion was "she must be some sort of hippie". I have nothing against breast feeding, in fact I actually believe it better to nurse up until the baby is two for many reasons, it just doesn't happen here. Last I read on this, many other countries nurse much longer...some over six years or more! Now I do find that a bit weird. So, sorry if my remark was either taken differently as it was meant or if you found it offensive.

See, that is what I meant! I just read it from completely different side...
(and JK, I have the same opinion about breast feeding up to two years :) )

I Stand My Ground

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:24 am

i said i would speak no more on the subject, and instead will again plonk Kisha.

there....much better....

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby illy dilly » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:03 am

Dr Jet Sinister wrote:That has to be a troll. :shock:

Thank you very much Dr. Sinister!
Could likely be a troll!

Now if everyone else would please realize, we all agree that young girl should not be bringing her child to BRC. And we all know that semantics and undertones that are clear during physical communication get lost on the inter-web, so lets move on already!
And get back to what really maters, TALKING SHIT ABOUT IDIOT POSTERS!
illy dilly

Postby OregonRed » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:15 am

M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

OregonRed

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Postby illy dilly » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:19 am

I will be sharing many raw vegan fusion meals

Is that even a real thing?
Aren't most vegan meals raw?
Or is a raw vegan meal just some carrots and ranch dressing?
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Postby OregonRed » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 am

illy dilly wrote:
I will be sharing many raw vegan fusion meals

Is that even a real thing?
Aren't most vegan meals raw?
Or is a raw vegan meal just some carrots and ranch dressing?

Ranch dressing is not vegan... Just sayin'

It would be far more entertaining if he were just serving raw vegans*... :shock:

*No offense meant to my vegan friends
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

OregonRed

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion