There will be plenty of signs, hopefully spread out along the several miles of dusty road leading from the highway to the gates. If there's zero traffic and you're not paying any attention to either signs or the 5mph speed limit, then yeah you might miss it. But hey, there's zero traffic - crossing to the other side shouldn't be a problem. If it's bumper to bumper for miles, there should be ample opportunity to see the signs.
It's also mentioned in the "What To Expect At The Gate" section of today's 'Getting To Burning Man' edition of the Jack Rabbit Speaks. Pertinent bit below
Jack Rabbit Speaks wrote:#3. KNOW WHERE YOU NEED TO GO
Buying a ticket or picking up a Will Call ticket?: NEW FOR 2011 - WILL CALL IS LOCATED ON THE LEFT SIDE OF GATE ROAD AS YOU APPROACH THE GATE. STAY IN THE SECOND LANE FROM THE LEFT TO MAKE A LEFT TURN INTO THE WILL CALL LOT. (The left most lane on Gate Road is the exit lane). Go to Will Call, get your tickets and then get in line. Don't have one person in your vehicle go to will call while you wait in the entry line - every year many people lose their rides. Everyone must STAY WITH THEIR VEHICLE.
It's also on the Gate crew's site, on the Getting In: The Gate FAQ
. Pertinent bit below
Gate Crew FAQ wrote:What if I need to go to Will Call/Box Office?The following steps should help make your Box Office visit smoother:
- Upon arrival, do NOT proceed to the Gate to be searched if you do not have your tickets in hand for all people in the car.
- NEW FOR 2011 - WILL CALL IS LOCATED ON THE LEFT SIDE OF GATE ROAD AS YOU APPROACH THE GATE. STAY IN THE SECOND LANE FROM THE LEFT TO MAKE A LEFT TURN INTO THE WILL CALL LOT. (The left most lane on Gate Road is the exit lane). This will be BEFORE you reach the Gate.
- Go to Will Call/Box Office, get your tickets and return to your vehicle
- Guide your vehicle back into the entry lines via the marked lane from the Will Call lot.
- Proceed to the Gate for vehicle search and entry into the City!
We'll also get an announcement put up in the TIckets and Share Resources sections shortly. I know we're hitting the fever pitch of information overload right now, but this one's worth putting on the radar.