Snark Here, not at the Newbs.

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Snark Here, not at the Newbs.

Postby Dr Jet Sinister » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:08 pm

My grandma used to say, "Wish in one hand and shit in the other. We'll see which one gets full first."
Suck it. -PlayaWaste Raiders
"They're like a bunch of Honey Badgers in a sea of hippies." -Goathead
Dr Jet Sinister

Postby illy dilly » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:06 am

junglesmacks wrote:You know, it's not even to just be an asshole or get thrills from dogging on people. I feel like people NEED that kick in the ass to get it in gear and quit laying around with their finger in the air wishing for a miracle.

Damn Straight!
If you want something, make it happen. Go out and get it. Work your ass off for it. But don't sit around and ask for it, or hope and beg.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:12 am

We've got to keep the newbies out of this thread. They'll ruin it for us all. ;)
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Asherbeez » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:37 am

Asshole or not, I feel that a bunch of these people need to be shown that if they spent half as much effort to get tickets earlier in the year as they do spreading sob stories and coming up with excuse after excuse, then we'd all be a bit more at ease.
Dancing is a state of mind and may not even involve movement at all.
~Simon of the Playa
Asherbeez

Burning Since: 2010

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:52 am

On the other hand, if we were openly rating their posts, including a "Pathetic" scale (Or is "Melodrama" better?),

No, they'd probably tell us some hippie "peace out" thing...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:17 am

Asherbeez wrote:Asshole or not, I feel that a bunch of these people need to be shown that if they spent half as much effort to get tickets earlier in the year as they do spreading sob stories and coming up with excuse after excuse, then we'd all be a bit more at ease.

Did you know that tickets would sell out this year?
In the past, it was safe to wait until the last minute, or even buy at the Gate.
Ugly Dougly

Postby Sail Man » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:09 pm

Eric wrote:
AntiM wrote:As long as they leave that moderator up under my name, I'm not going to go full snark. A little light snarkish now and then.

Do you still have your socks from when you got locked out?

Just sayin'..... *cough*

:mrgreen:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby FIGJAM » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Another one for the angry ticket people....

Last edited by FIGJAM on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby AntiM » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:36 am

Sail Man wrote:
Eric wrote:
AntiM wrote:As long as they leave that moderator up under my name, I'm not going to go full snark. A little light snarkish now and then.

Do you still have your socks from when you got locked out?

Just sayin'..... *cough*

:mrgreen:

Yes, but they're "anti m" and "maggiemayday". Only the newbs wouldn't know.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby OregonRed » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:05 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Asherbeez wrote:Asshole or not, I feel that a bunch of these people need to be shown that if they spent half as much effort to get tickets earlier in the year as they do spreading sob stories and coming up with excuse after excuse, then we'd all be a bit more at ease.

Did you know that tickets would sell out this year?
In the past, it was safe to wait until the last minute, or even buy at the Gate.

That may have been true in the past but, things change... and the warnings of the possibility of a sell-out year started coming from the BMORG in March... At least that's what it looks like from my back log of JRS issues.

I'm tired of listening to the whiners that saw the warnings and chose to ignore them. "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine".
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

OregonRed

Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:50 pm

Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Drawingablank » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:10 pm

They really need to test to make sure folks have an IQ at least equal to their shoe size or something before posting.

http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=39812

Thu May 26, 2011 8:26 am

This ticket has been sold.

The next post:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi - I am a virgin in New York City seeking 1 ticket.

Is yours still available? Pls contact me directly -
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby illy dilly » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:28 pm

Ya know. I kinda feel bad for people.
If you really are that terrible at reading comprehension, life must be terribly difficult.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Mojojita » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Oh God! Have you seen the one in the Q&A thread from the girl wanting to bring her baby?
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
Mojojita

Postby jkisha » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:42 pm

Early Alzheimer's!? Even more reason to snark him. That's MY excuse. :shock:

JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Savannah » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Mojojita wrote:Oh God! Have you seen the one in the Q&A thread from the girl wanting to bring her baby?

I wanted to die when I read that. Hopefully, it's a troll post--though I decided to treat it like it wasn't. She even cross-posted.

I almost didn't reply, because I really do not want to support the arrival of an 8 month old on the playa from someone with that number (and nature) of questions . . . it's just very clear that she doesn't know what she's doing. Being pregnant on the playa would be far easier than wrangling an 8 month old.

However, then I became afraid that she would just go ahead and do it anyway, uninformed, which is worse. So I gave her as much information as I could and tried not to blow smoke up her keister.

My hope is that she realizes there are no babysitting services out there, and that it will be dangerous for someone as . . . innocent as she is to the dangers. And if she registers on the Yahoo Group, that they will give her the reality check she seems to need. Or at least additional information to the point where she is either armed or appropriately discouraged.

I think there are a few people who could pull off having an 8 month old out there, but she is not one of them.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby MisaBlue » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:04 pm

I am so happy I do not read the threads because I would just get mad.

Postby maryanimal » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:40 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:We've got to keep the newbies out of this thread. They'll ruin it for us all. ;)

Aw, gee whiz Doug, you're no fun!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby jkisha » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:15 pm

She's an uneducated, single mother, most likely getting some sort of financial assistance, most likely a hippie. The kid is six or eight months old and has never had a meal that didn't come from mommies tit? Shell probably be breast feeding it till it's five! :shock: Let her bring it, the gene pool needs filtered from time to time, better now than after it grows up and gets on the government tit.

Savannah wrote:
Mojojita wrote:Oh God! Have you seen the one in the Q&A thread from the girl wanting to bring her baby?

I wanted to die when I read that. Hopefully, it's a troll post--though I decided to treat it like it wasn't. She even cross-posted.

I almost didn't reply, because I really do not want to support the arrival of an 8 month old on the playa from someone with that number (and nature) of questions . . . it's just very clear that she doesn't know what she's doing. Being pregnant on the playa would be far easier than wrangling an 8 month old.

However, then I became afraid that she would just go ahead and do it anyway, uninformed, which is worse. So I gave her as much information as I could and tried not to blow smoke up her keister.

My hope is that she realizes there are no babysitting services out there, and that it will be dangerous for someone as . . . innocent as she is to the dangers. And if she registers on the Yahoo Group, that they will give her the reality check she seems to need. Or at least additional information to the point where she is either armed or appropriately discouraged.

I think there are a few people who could pull off having an 8 month old out there, but she is not one of them.
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Postby jkisha » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:19 pm

Hey, go ahead get mad, I find it cathartic.

MisaBlue wrote:I am so happy I do not read the threads because I would just get mad.
JK
jkisha

Postby Drawingablank » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:02 pm

jkisha wrote:She's an uneducated, single mother, most likely getting some sort of financial assistance, most likely a hippie. The kid is six or eight months old and has never had a meal that didn't come from mommies tit? Shell probably be breast feeding it till it's five! :shock: Let her bring it, the gene pool needs filtered from time to time, better now than after it grows up and gets on the government tit.

+100 I hate to sound uncaring or callous, but I didn't reply to that thread because I like to see Darwinian theory in action and that seems like a gene pool mankind could do without.

Edit: On looking back at this post I now realize why I don't normally post after 18 or so PBR's. As a parent myself I wish no harm to any child and I'm mortified at the thought of bringing an 8 month old to BM (in fact I waited till mine are adults). I do admire Jk for flying in the face of popular opinion and posting exactly how he felt about it though.
Last edited by Drawingablank on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Marscrumbs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:34 am

I would love to see a wet nurse camp. I would donate some babysitting time there if they started one.
Marscrumbs

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:46 am

jkisha wrote:She's an uneducated, single mother, most likely getting some sort of financial assistance, most likely a hippie. The kid is six or eight months old and has never had a meal that didn't come from mommies tit? Shell probably be breast feeding it till it's five! :shock: Let her bring it, the gene pool needs filtered from time to time, better now than after it grows up and gets on the government tit.

john, this is why we dont let vicious anti-breeder homosexuals like you run social services.

your assumptions and snide comments, if in fact are what you indeed feel, and are not some snark put up to provoke, are fucking disgusting.

boy, talk about putting the B in Bitchy...
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Mojojita » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:57 pm

Wow - SOP - why don't you tell us how you really feel? This is about snarking at the newbs! What's with the anti-gay rhetoric?
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
Mojojita

Postby AntiM » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Paging ThunderDome.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby jkisha » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Simon, my posts are TAME compared to the majority of yours. Since when have you mellowed into the PC police? :shock:
Oh, and I think you'll find a disproportionate number of "anti-breeder homosexuals like me" running social services in most cities.
Now stop being such an ass hole and play nice.
Simon of the Playa wrote:

john, this is why we dont let vicious anti-breeder homosexuals like you run social services.

your assumptions and snide comments, if in fact are what you indeed feel, and are not some snark put up to provoke, are fucking disgusting.

boy, talk about putting the B in Bitchy...
JK
jkisha

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:58 pm

FIGJAM wrote:Another one for the angry ticket people....

I thought that Billy Joel had stolen this fine Styx song.

Ugly Dougly

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:13 pm

my comments were a response to the vitriolic misogynistic anti-"breeder" comments by kisha.

totally uncalled for, over the top nasty and i replied with what i feel to be just as nasty.

pick your targets better, and like i said, your distaste for womankind is more than evident in your tone, words, and assumptions you made about this young mom.

bitchy Queen is what i seen, and had you displayed offensive hetero tendencies i would also respond with disgust.

i do believe based on your commentary that your sexual orientation has skewed your view of the fairer sex, and i got no problem calling you out on it.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby jkisha » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:16 pm

:roll: Ho hum :roll:
Simon of the Playa wrote:my comments were a response to the vitriolic misogynistic anti-"breeder" comments by kisha.

totally uncalled for, over the top nasty and i replied with what i feel to be just as nasty.

pick your targets better, and like i said, your distaste for womankind is more than evident in your tone, words, and assumptions you made about this young mom.

bitchy Queen is what i seen, and had you displayed offensive hetero tendencies i would also respond with disgust.

i do believe based on your commentary that your sexual orientation has skewed your view of the fairer sex, and i got no problem calling you out on it.
JK
jkisha

fiddle dee-dee.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:24 pm

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion