What do you need from Burning Man?

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Re: What do you need from Burning Man?

Postby Foxfur » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:33 pm

peachandpapa wrote:I'm an eight year burner and can relate to every one of your posts. It is for that very reason my wife and I are bringing our 14 yr. old daughter this year. It is one of the only places on earth where you can see, do, and participate in an environment of love, respect, and community. As someone stated above, it is a place of magic for one week. How could I not take her?

Papa, that's beautiful.
It's things like that that make me wish Sweetpea and I could have kids.
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Camp Foxfur @ 2:45 & C

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:46 pm

+2....one for Peachnpapa and one for Foxfur & Sweatpea.
"la ayuda del kool es bueno"

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby JCarter » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:02 am

Howdy!

First of all, thanks to everyone for being patient and kind in your response. These have been quite helpful. It looks like at least two of them could use a response from me so here we go with the responding. If there were questions couched in responses I missed, feel free to poke at me and I'll get to those too.

TwoHott wrote:Answer: The Magic

Rather blunt I suppose. But sometimes less words are more poignant.

You may have gone once, but were you really there? On all levels? Were you All In? Think about it. Or were you, like watching TV with your eyes closed?

It's not something you analyze and dissect too much. It is something you do. It's not something you just experience – it is what you create.

I remember reading a quote somewhere that most experiences are like a diamond in that you can see many facets and still be looking at the same diamond. With that said I think that yes, I missed the magic you are talking about but at the same time I was really there. I was just looking at a very different facet. However, that does lead to a very good point and that is this. If you want to see different, more pleasant and fun magic, it would most likely be a good idea to look at a different facet. Now I just have to figure out how that translates into nuts and bolts actions.

Ugly Dougly wrote:Are you putting into Burning Man the same things that you hope to get out of it?

At the time, no. At this very minute, maybe. I'll have to figure out what I want to get out of it first. Once I get that figured out then I'll be able to put into Burning Man what I want to get out of Burning Man(although since my first thought of what I wanted to get out of Burning Man was "MOAR TECHNO" maybe putting more techno into Burning Man is a little superfluous?).
If Neil deGrasse Tyson pulled me off the street to tell me about astronomy that would be awesome. If I was in Amsterdam when this happened and could convince him to tell me about it at a coffeeshop it would be ideal. Just sayin'.
JCarter

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man