This thread will die quickly...

All things outside of Burning Man.

This thread will die quickly...

Postby Foxfur » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:17 am

Ever have an idea for starting a thread but don't, thinking "Oh that'll get about zero responses..."
Yeah, me too.
That's what this thread is for!
Just punch in what you would have posted or what you want to post as a thread and see what happens.
Be sure to use the 'Subject' box that's above the reply text box to enter your practice thread's title. It makes it even more real!
Then, after a little practice, get out there and begin creating the thriving threads you've only dreamed of!
Or failed threads! The key is that you no longer give a shit if they live or die. Yay!

Here's one of mine:
Two threads with the exact same title. All anybody would ever say in these threads would be along the lines of; "Oh! I thought this was the other thread!", or "Is this that thread or the other one?", or "This thread looks more that one than it does..."

See? It's easy!

And if this thread dies? Then I've met my goal in the title!
It's all about setting achievable goals, kids. :lol:
How can you possibly do the undoable?

Your friend,
Foxfur!
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Image
User avatar
Foxfur
 
Posts: 2332
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Banks, Oregon
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Re: Thrivival guide

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:32 am

Now that the survival guides are arriving, it's time for a guide not just to survive, but to THRIVE on the playa!

Suggestion for the Thrivival Guide.

1. Buy your ticket.

2. Before starting projects or costumes, get all your basic gear together.

3. Plan a comfy place to sleep 24/7 so you can crash whenever the need arrises! (A well rested burner is a happy burner!)

And on and on.

Anything that will cut down on drama and stress. 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 7072
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Musical Chair

Postby burner von braun » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:55 am

This ornery thread would be occasionally bumped solely for the purpose of pushing the poor hapless thread at the bottom, off of page one and into eplaya oblivion. :twisted:
Last edited by burner von braun on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Another early attempt at success
User avatar
burner von braun
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:37 pm
Burning Since: 2010

Re: This thread will die quickly...

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:58 am

Somebody told me Burning Man might sell out this year, but I don't believe a word of it. Now, where's my hookah?
User avatar
Dr. Pyro
 
Posts: 3670
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:11 am
Location: Newcastle, CA
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: This thread will die quickly...

Postby jkisha » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:06 am

:roll:
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: This thread will die quickly...

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:11 am

Image

(So that doomed threads may not die, but continue in their indeterminate wait to do so...)
User avatar
Lassen Forge
Moderator
 
Posts: 5322
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Re: This thread will die quickly...

Postby TT120 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:55 am

Now that I have posted here, this thread will most certainly die.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
User avatar
TT120
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans Too

Where the hell is...

Postby maryanimal » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:54 pm

...Elliott? I haven't seen him a long while. I'd like to locate him on the playa. He told me he has a bike for me! I also wonder where. Motzyshroom...dang it. I don't remember the spelling.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
User avatar
maryanimal
 
Posts: 3849
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am
Burning Since: 2011

Snarky mean witty shit I have to say ...

Postby AntiM » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:21 pm

.. but can't.

But don't worry, it isn't about you.
These are not my fuckos.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 16387
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Top O' the World, Ma!
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: This thread will die quickly...

Postby Asherbeez » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:42 pm

This is bigger than you...
Dancing is a state of mind and may not even involve movement at all.
~Simon of the Playa
User avatar
Asherbeez
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:34 am
Location: Sacramento
Burning Since: 2010

I forget again

Postby graidawg » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:45 pm

sorry
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
User avatar
graidawg
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 am
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Re: This thread will die quickly...

Postby snake » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:50 pm

graidawg, are the riots impacting your life?
User avatar
snake
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: reno, terminal city, apokiliptika

yes they are

Postby graidawg » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:01 pm

snake wrote:graidawg, are the riots impacting your life?


E.t.a i'm a glazier so i am working 12+ hour days fixing the glass or boarding broken windows. I AM SO TIRED!
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
User avatar
graidawg
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 am
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

I have a playa name I would like to gift.

Postby Packoderm » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:03 pm

The name is Nero.
Last edited by Packoderm on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(currently Zeke Chaparral)
User avatar
Packoderm
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:06 am
Location: Sacramento

Re: Where the hell is...

Postby jella » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:05 pm

maryanimal wrote:...Elliott? I haven't seen him a long while. I'd like to locate him on the playa. He told me he has a bike for me! I also wonder where. Motzyshroom...dang it. I don't remember the spelling.

Could it be motskyroonmatick (Motz) He's a camp leader at Staggers :)
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
User avatar
jella
 
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:01 pm
Location: Escondido, California
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ASSORTED :)

Re: Where the hell is...

Postby maryanimal » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:09 pm

jella wrote:
maryanimal wrote:...Elliott? I haven't seen him a long while. I'd like to locate him on the playa. He told me he has a bike for me! I also wonder where. Motzyshroom...dang it. I don't remember the spelling.

Could it be motskyroonmatick (Motz) He's a camp leader at Staggers :)


Yes jella! That's him!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
User avatar
maryanimal
 
Posts: 3849
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am
Burning Since: 2011

Re: This thread will die quickly...

Postby jella » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:07 pm

Super duper nice guy :). We camped with staggers last year they aren't placed but they register with center camp and usually shoot for 7-730 F-G ish area
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
User avatar
jella
 
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:01 pm
Location: Escondido, California
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ASSORTED :)

Re: Thrivival guide

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:25 pm

FIGJAM wrote:Now that the survival guides are arriving, it's time for a guide not just to survive, but to THRIVE on the playa!

Suggestion for the Thrivival Guide.

1. Buy your ticket.

2. Before starting projects or costumes, get all your basic gear together.

3. Plan a comfy place to sleep 24/7 so you can crash whenever the need arrises! (A well rested burner is a happy burner!)

And on and on.

Anything that will cut down on drama and stress. 8)


Figjam, yes! This is exactly what I decided to do, last November, and yeah I got my ticket and a canvas tarp for Christmas... 8) started from the ground up, and built a shelter... 8) bought a tent to put inside it, and a hammock for day-time snoozing in the shade...

and now I have one more garment to finish. Leaving here 2 weeks from tomorrow. 8)

Bwahahahahahaha, waiting to be bitch-slapped by fate now.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

WHAP!!!

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Never tempt fate, silly. The playa gods love to see people do that...
User avatar
Lassen Forge
Moderator
 
Posts: 5322
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

I just realized...

Postby OregonRed » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:18 pm

That with this being my eleventh Burn, I cannot even hope to pretend to be new to this any more...

Oh shit... I'm the voice of experience! :shock:
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

Image
User avatar
OregonRed
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:13 pm
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

So, what wisdom can you impart...

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm still a journeywoman, this being... um... number 5 or 6 or something. Can't think of anyone more awesome as a giver of knowledge than you, hon!

(Something about the 3 stages of womanhood popped into my mind... Girl, Mother, Crone. --giggles--)
User avatar
Lassen Forge
Moderator
 
Posts: 5322
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

I have learned this over my ten Burns.

Postby OregonRed » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:41 pm

1. Have someone else wash your hair (and wash their hair in return).
2. Doing it quickly is never a substitute for doing it correctly.
3. Chocolate in the cooler is always a good idea.
4. They're not called costumes, they're called outfits.
5. Appearance is nothing.
6. The best sno-cones are the Barenjaeger ones.
7. Always ask permission.
8. Never use the Man as your landmark.
9. Evap fountains rock!
10. Dry coolers rock!
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

Image
User avatar
OregonRed
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:13 pm
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Re: Thrivival guide

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:43 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:
FIGJAM wrote:Now that the survival guides are arriving, it's time for a guide not just to survive, but to THRIVE on the playa!

Suggestion for the Thrivival Guide.

1. Buy your ticket.

2. Before starting projects or costumes, get all your basic gear together.

3. Plan a comfy place to sleep 24/7 so you can crash whenever the need arrises! (A well rested burner is a happy burner!)

And on and on.

Anything that will cut down on drama and stress. 8)


Figjam, yes! This is exactly what I decided to do, last November, and yeah I got my ticket and a canvas tarp for Christmas... 8) started from the ground up, and built a shelter... 8) bought a tent to put inside it, and a hammock for day-time snoozing in the shade...

and now I have one more garment to finish. Leaving here 2 weeks from tomorrow. 8)

Bwahahahahahaha, waiting to be bitch-slapped by fate now.


That's what the helmet's for silly! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 7072
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

This thread has lived 22 replies longer than I hoped...

Postby Foxfur » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:40 pm

This place just keeps getting better!
I'm amazed. All of my favoritest Eplayans are right here.
I don't know TT120 yet but that will change. You know TT, that's what I thought but we both were wrong it seems.
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Image
User avatar
Foxfur
 
Posts: 2332
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Banks, Oregon
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Re: This thread will die quickly...

Postby ygmir » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:01 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Somebody told me Burning Man might sell out this year, but I don't believe a word of it. Now, where's my hookah?

yo hookah is over der, on the cornah.

Jeeze Doc............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25985
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Thrivival guide

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:26 pm

FIGJAM wrote:
MyDearFriend wrote:
FIGJAM wrote:Now that the survival guides are arriving, it's time for a guide not just to survive, but to THRIVE on the playa!

Suggestion for the Thrivival Guide.

1. Buy your ticket.

2. Before starting projects or costumes, get all your basic gear together.

3. Plan a comfy place to sleep 24/7 so you can crash whenever the need arrises! (A well rested burner is a happy burner!)

And on and on.

Anything that will cut down on drama and stress. 8)


Figjam, yes! This is exactly what I decided to do, last November, and yeah I got my ticket and a canvas tarp for Christmas... 8) started from the ground up, and built a shelter... 8) bought a tent to put inside it, and a hammock for day-time snoozing in the shade...

and now I have one more garment to finish. Leaving here 2 weeks from tomorrow. 8)

Bwahahahahahaha, waiting to be bitch-slapped by fate now.


That's what the helmet's for silly! 8)


Helmet??? Helmet!!! :shock: Dagnabbit, I knew I'd forget something... :oops: Oh well I have some tin foil, maybe that will do... :P
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Re: This thread will die quickly...

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:28 pm

It falls right there under #2. 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 7072
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Re: Thrivival guide

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:31 pm

Bwahahahahahaha, I see a notable deficiency on my list of "Basic Gear." :lol:
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Re: This thread will die quickly...

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:06 pm

My head is still bruised from last year!
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 7072
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Three Rules,,,

Postby Trishntek » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:29 am

1. Assume nothing
2. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best
3. Do what I can and do not waste time and energy on things I cannot do.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
User avatar
Trishntek
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:27 pm
Location: Ventura, CA, USA
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Next

Return to Open Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests