CAPOEIRA RODA BM11!!

CAPOEIRA RODA BM11!!

Postby Tucano » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:29 am

Hi all!! My name is Tucano and I am attempting to find other capoeiristas to organize a roda of sorts!!!
I will be bringing a Berimbau and a Pandeiro.

Please post here if you: play capoeira, want to learn capoeira, want to watch etc.....

All traditions welcome!!!

-Tucano (Capoeira Angola Quintal)

I clearly cannot figure out how to embed this video but here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?index=93&f ... 50BA3578DC
Last edited by Tucano on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Death had a dream and this is it. So when you die, you wake up. The purpose of life is not to wake up from the dream but to learn to lucid dream, to live in the reality that you have created for yourself. Keep on creating!! "
Tucano

Re: CAPOEIRA RODA BM11!!

Postby Sic Pup » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:03 pm

I have to admit I had to google it.... wow! Very impressive, I'd definitely watch.

Wiki: Capoeira is a Brazilian art form that combines elements of martial arts, sports, and music.

"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby Tucano » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:22 pm

So, Anyone have friends that play capoeira that are going??
"Death had a dream and this is it. So when you die, you wake up. The purpose of life is not to wake up from the dream but to learn to lucid dream, to live in the reality that you have created for yourself. Keep on creating!! "
Tucano

Postby watsonic » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:33 am

tucano,

practically every year for the last 10 or so there has been a roda that happens many times at center camp. i couldn't find a link for last year after a quick search but this is from 2009. you might email the guy listed there: http://earth.burningman.com/brc/2009/playa_event/1604/

good luck. capoeira is awesome. i haven't played in a while but if i see a roda happening or get whiff of one scheduled i'll come join!

w
watsonic

Postby Leopardo » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:07 am

Hey folks,
capoeirista of nine years and first time burner... let's make the roda happen!
Leopardo

Postby delle » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:04 am

First thought after watching the vid was "Oh My! I'm just not that flexible anymore".

Then I got real and changed it to "Crap! I've NEVER been that flexible!".

I guess it would be something to take up if I wanted to ensure needing a spot in the mobility camp. Can't locate a single muscle that wouldn't be pulled beyond recognition!

Tho I'd gladly stand on the sidelines and clap. I can (still) do that!!!!

Hope to be there when it happens!!!!
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Postby Prabvi » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:23 pm

YES! A Playa Roda would be awesome, let us know when/where! Where are all you Capoeiristas camping at?

My partner Sadu & I started learning Capoeira this year. We've played a few street rodas in L.A.
We'll be camping & performing (DJ/BellyDance set) @ Hookahdome (2:00 & A).

More info about us on Facebook:
Music: http://www.facebook.com/sadusignal
Dance: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prabvi-Gu ... 1306661345
Variety Show: http://www.facebook.com/TheHarlequinade

Hope to see you soon!!
Prabvi

Postby graidawg » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:28 pm

ive watched capoiera before (not written it though) looks fun, though probably something you start at age before you put your hand on your knee to stand or sit
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Ninja Nemo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:30 am

Oi, my wife is Brasilera and I am a former martial artist who has been dying to learn capoeira. Unfortunately, the classes in my region are too much for me ($20+/hour) and I haven't been able to learn much besides the basic ginga by watching how-to videos. If anyone would be willing to help a newbie learn, I would be ever grateful. Hell, maybe I could even participate in your roda if I caught on quickly (I know, wishful thinking). Either way, my wife and I would love to be a part of your festivities, however we can contribute.
Ninja Nemo

Postby VioletaV » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:31 pm

Hello,

My husband is interested in connecting with people that will be playing capoeira at the playa this coming week. Please contact him at sageblades@gmail.com to let us know where you will be.

Thank you & Happy Burn!

Vio
VioletaV

Postby Minke » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Oi galera!

I would definitely join in for a roda! Just have to know where and when!

Amélie
Minke

Postby Leopardo » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:04 am

Just a note to folks- I'm camped at 10:00 and I @ Flower Camp- just ask for leopardo or I will visit Center Camp now and then to try to get something started... always glad to share a little knowledge or gift a lesson to anyone who wants one. Ate logo boa gente e muito Axé!!!
Leopardo

Postby AsherB2 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:53 am

Reply to "delle"

"delle" Don't worry about the flexibility or physical strength, it comes with the time if practiced regularly.
Capoeira is also a very healthy sport and very effective, especially "Capoeira Angola" It's also good for cardio.

When I see people running in the morning, I think it's better to do capoeira and not damage the knees or back, and it also activates the whole body.

I began learning Capoeira at the age of 12 but mostly "cordao de ouro" It's another type of Capoeira, with faster movements and also with acrobatics but because of that it's a bit more dangerous, from experience :-).
But I also learned "Angola" and "makulele" (It Capoeira with more rhythm and with sticks, and I think originally it was with type of machetes).

Now I also do other things and not just Capoeira.

Good luck.
"Sometimes you just need to bowl." Tips For Bowling
AsherB2

Postby wh..sh » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Had to google Capoeira up... it's fantastic. It would be interesting to watch on playa.
Reminded me of age old form of martial arts practiced in India - Kalaripayattu.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalaripayattu
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Return to 2011 Art & Performance