Looking for musicians

Looking for musicians

Postby blink » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:27 pm

My name is Mister Blink (7th year on the playa). I'm a college music professor and one of my good friends who is also a music teacher is coming out to the playa this year. I am a trumpet/percussionist. He is a professional piano/accordion player. We are looking for a couple of people to help fill out our group. We play anything from Jazz, Latin, French, Rock, Dub.

We would love to find a latin percussionist and a bass player and any others that could jump in. I am also leading music fire a fire conclave this year.

I camp with "Want It" and last year we were on the esplanade on the corner of 9:30. It's a great camp where i plug in and perform live with Dj's

Looking forward to meeting some new musicians on the playa!
Drop me a line
blink

Re: Looking for musicians

Postby SINdy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Mister Blink, you and your pal would be so welcome to join the Burning Band !

We're the original, ad hoc, bunch of fun-loving ne'er-do-wells,
our 16th year on the playa, playing parties, bars, weddings, parades, bars, dedications, and random raids. No sheet music ! It's all improv in Bb - "Yes, We Have No Bananas," "Long Way to Tipperary," "In Heaven There is No Beer," and
dozens more, all the way to "Amazing Grace" at the foot of The Man.

We have uniforms ! Dashing, gold-fringed, making everyone (talented or not) sound and look spiffy. So if you're a back-slidden high school or college band/orchestra type with any kind of instrument, or if you just love creating a ruckus, we want your body. A number of us camp together - there may be limited space
for a few more of you dedicated, wacky, musicians.

See videos of us on Facebook. Let us hear from you ! Contact SINdy at flossyrabbit@earthlink.net or Carmen at Barcardia@aol.com
SINdy

Postby Galaxo Magic » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:21 pm

blink wrote:My name is Mister Blink (7th year on the playa). I'm a college music professor and one of my good friends who is also a music teacher is coming out to the playa this year. I am a trumpet/percussionist. He is a professional piano/accordion player. We are looking for a couple of people to help fill out our group. We play anything from Jazz, Latin, French, Rock, Dub.

We would love to find a latin percussionist and a bass player and any others that could jump in. I am also leading music fire a fire conclave this year.

I camp with "Want It" and last year we were on the esplanade on the corner of 9:30. It's a great camp where i plug in and perform live with Dj's

Looking forward to meeting some new musicians on the playa!
Drop me a line

Mister Blink, awesome to read about you. I have my MA in Music Composition and play in a couple of good bands. I won't have much time this year (my 11th) as my band (GravyBrain) is playing several times on our 4th visit to the playa. We are also the builders of the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant. I have camped on 9:30 a few times (2006-08). This year we are 6:30/A, Camp Upsie Dasium.

Would love to meet you,
Dr. Galaxo Magic
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby blink » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:54 pm

I am a member of the Burning Band....you guys played our camp sushi party last year (Camp Want It). I'm the guy with the el wire cornet. I've played with you guys for 1 or two gigs over the past 6 years. I've been in conversations with Carbon.

We will definitely play with you guys again this year. Let us know when you have a schedule.
blink

Postby SINdy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:05 pm

Señor Blink, now I remember ! The sake at your 2010 sushi party was wonderful. Thanks !
Indeed, Burning Band has a schedule - a gig per day, Monday through Friday. Ask Carbon,
or I can send you the schedule if you will send me your off-list email address. I am
flossyrabbit at earthlink dot com. Looking fwd to playing with you again !
SINdy

Postby healingsounds » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Hey guys, I am a hangdrum/vocalist/percussionist with 5 to 10 songs currently. I have a not for profit busking idea "Busking for change" that could use support and would like to play on some stages also. I am interested in supporting other peoples ideas also. Checkout betterdaze now and healing sounds on myspace will have home studio recordings uploaded in a week or two.
healingsounds

Postby Galaxo Magic » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Hey Blink, did you play with us in 2008? We had a camp at 9:30/B. You had a trumpet with el-wire on it, right? We also played the Moonshine Tavern that year. Hope to see you this year as well. Look for the giant pink elephant. :)
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby blink » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:22 am

Yes....I remember playing with you guys. I loved it...When you playing again on the playa, what's your schedule? I would love to sit in with you again! You should definitely check out our sushi party at our camp (Want It) at 9:30 and esplanade (I will be playing the opening set) at dusk.

[quote="Galaxo Magic"]Hey Blink, did you play with us in 2008? We had a camp at 9:30/B. You had a trumpet with el-wire on it, right? We also played the Moonshine Tavern that year. Hope to see you this year as well. Look for the giant pink elephant. :)[/quote]
blink

Postby Galaxo Magic » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:04 am

blink wrote:Yes....I remember playing with you guys. I loved it...When you playing again on the playa, what's your schedule? I would love to sit in with you again! You should definitely check out our sushi party at our camp (Want It) at 9:30 and esplanade (I will be playing the opening set) at dusk.

Galaxo Magic wrote:Hey Blink, did you play with us in 2008? We had a camp at 9:30/B. You had a trumpet with el-wire on it, right? We also played the Moonshine Tavern that year. Hope to see you this year as well. Look for the giant pink elephant. :)

I thought so. That's my former neighborhood. Still my favorite area to camp, but the last two years we've camped 2:30 and 7:30. This year our theme camp is at 6:30/A. But we'll bring the pink elephant by cause we still have friends that camp on 9:30.
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby blink » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:15 am

Let me know when and where your playing during BM and I will be sure to come and sit in again!

[quote="Galaxo Magic"][quote="blink"]Yes....I remember playing with you guys. I loved it...When you playing again on the playa, what's your schedule? I would love to sit in with you again! You should definitely check out our sushi party at our camp (Want It) at 9:30 and esplanade (I will be playing the opening set) at dusk.

[quote="Galaxo Magic"]Hey Blink, did you play with us in 2008? We had a camp at 9:30/B. You had a trumpet with el-wire on it, right? We also played the Moonshine Tavern that year. Hope to see you this year as well. Look for the giant pink elephant. :)[/quote][/quote]
I thought so. That's my former neighborhood. Still my favorite area to camp, but the last two years we've camped 2:30 and 7:30. This year our theme camp is at 6:30/A. But we'll bring the pink elephant by cause we still have friends that camp on 9:30.[/quote]
blink

Return to 2011 Art & Performance