The Garden of Rockets

The Garden of Rockets

Postby MisterSaunders » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:15 pm

Just a little preview of the Garden of Rockets...

Edit: I should also note that there's a propane fundraiser at http://www.indiegogo.com/Garden-of-Rockets-Propane-Fund should you be inclined to donate towards the fire....
MisterSaunders

Re: The Garden of Rockets

Postby MisterSaunders » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:27 am

Update: The propane fund-raiser has been updated with new swag / rewards / gifts at lower donation levels, including guaranteed time controlling one of the rocket-powered art pieces in the company of the artist. Also, this kickstarter-style fundraiser is on IndieGoGo, so your support of the project is not dependent on other people chipping in to reach a specific goal funding amount. Wanted to gift some propane to a playa fire art installation? Here's your chance...

http://www.indiegogo.com/Garden-of-Rockets-Propane-Fund
MisterSaunders

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:31 am

This video and project is AMAZING.. I sent this yesterday to many family and friends as an example of the mindblowing engineering and dedication that goes on for the event. I mean.. down to mercury impregnated switches and fabricated jet nozzles. Wow.

If this is you in the video, OP.. huge huge HUGE props for such an incredible work of art and I can't wait to see this on the playa!
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby MisterSaunders » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:06 am

That's not me in the video, I shot the video after being introduced to Christopher -- the artist -- by a mutual friend. He did go into much more detail about the engineering of the piece than would have fit into a hopefully-concise video, so seek him out on the playa for even more "engineering pr0n"
MisterSaunders

Postby oneeyeddick » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:32 am

Definatley looking forward to this, and they will be placed in almost a straight line from where I camp to center camp, so I will see them often!
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby nuclear rabbit » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:17 pm

4pyre2 was AWESOME last year!!! I got it down pretty well, can't wait to see you guys out there again this year.
RomuloX! Assemble!
nuclear rabbit

Postby MisterSaunders » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:45 pm

And here's a look at how this year's went down.....

MisterSaunders

Return to 2011 Art & Performance