Be a part of the quest chain! we need other camps to help us

Be a part of the quest chain! we need other camps to help us

Postby evil chris » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:37 am

Undercity is a world of warcraft themed bar, combining some of the elements of Spike's (yes, we have Spikes folk working on this as part of our group!) with the geeky awesome that is the city of the undead. Last year we were known as Orgribbar, we handed out quests and libation, giving rewards to all those who completed our quests and came back for more.

We're developing new quests and quest-chains for this year's event, and want to enlist the assistance of other theme camps to be a part of some of the quest-chains.

"What is a quest-chain, Evil Chris?"
A quest chain is a group of quests that are completed in sequence. Completion of each quest is a prerequisite to beginning the next quest in the chain. Quests usually increase in difficulty as the adventurer progresses through the chain. Quest chains can also encourage adventurers to journey to a new part of black rock city, where further elements of the quest chain are revealed.

"That sounds interesting... how can our camp participate?"
If you choose to be part of one of our quest-chains, we will send participants to your camp to carry out some sort of shenanigans. Once they completed the quest, you would send them on the next quest in the sequence (which we would provide to you)! This is especially good for virgin burners, as it encourages participation and helps people let go of any shyness they may have had. Quest chains are meant to open up the burning man experience, which is why we love giving them out so much! If an adventurer completes a quest chain and returns to us, we will give them a fabulous prize to take home in honor of their achievement.

If you would like us to send adventurers your way, and are willing to then forward them to the next location, please pm me at virtualjupiter@gmail.com

PS- we are raffling off a ticket to this year's burn, $10 and you might get lucky! http://www.indiegogo.com/Undercity-BRC-2011
Attachments
mana1.jpg
mana1.jpg (70.42 KiB) Viewed 4048 times
evil chris

Re: Be a part of the quest chain! we need other camps to hel

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:00 am

Yum, a glass of gel windex!
Chris, I don't have the say in my camp, but this sounds cool. Maybe I should do it.
Anyway, I hope this works out (whatever that means) and we all know about playatime, but I hope to see you out there.
Crypto
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby illy dilly » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:42 am

This does sound like fun.
I'd like to volunteer my camp, though I can't make the decision alone. I'll bring it up with some camp mates tonight.

My only issue would be that there would have to be someone at our camp to do what ever it is we need to do, then send them to the next camp. I can't guarantee that there would always be someone at our camp. During the day there will likely be some one at our camp, but they are also likely to be sleeping.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby evil chris » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:51 pm

@Crypto hee hee! That's actually a 'Mana Potion', which is alcoholic and yummy... but I can see how you might think it looks a lot like windex!

I will totally see you out there! Let me know via email virtualjupiter@gmail.com if you guys are into it. I'll prepare a small box of quests you can stash under your bar for easy access.
evil chris

Postby Minxy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:24 pm

Lol. "What is a quest chain?" ROFLMAO! =D

If we're not at our camp does that mean we'd be considered a rare spawn?! Can we wear a silver dragon thingie around our head and "path" slowly back to camp?!?!?!??!?! Can we bring adds?!?!?!

Oooh, ooh, what if we're an elite. Can we make it really HARD for the questee to get their quest piece at our camp done?!?!? Force them to drink a Mythical Healing Potion and hop on one foot and and and....

Gahhh...thinking of WoW and Burning Man is just making me giggle.

Can we give them a piece of "coal" or an "empty bottle" as their quest item?!?!??!

Aaaaahhhhh.....
"If I moop your head, I shall be very displeased." - Savannah
Minxy

Postby powermacdaddy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Thats a fabulous idea. But Im not sure about evil chris. I am a Chris. Not evil chris or good chris. Just chris.
Are you my evil twin? I am bald with a goatee. Do you have hair but no facial hair? Hmmmm.
This is my unique signature block and it expresses who I am while being entertaining for others to read!
powermacdaddy

Postby evil chris » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 am

@ Minxy- you totally have the spirit! I like your ideas, and am going to start a 'Lore Master of Black Rock' Achievement, for the ultimate rare/lete spawns...
evil chris

Postby Drawingablank » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:29 am

Have a Barrens Chat quest. Make questers go to different camps and tell a chuck norris joke, then act juvenile and beligerent.

Or even better - have the camp act beligerent to the quester.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby illy dilly » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:52 am

Drawingablank wrote:Have a Barrens Chat quest. Make questers go to different camps and tell a chuck norris joke, then act juvenile and beligerent.

Or even better - have the camp act beligerent to the quester.

The Terminal City quest: You must cry real tears before achieving you quest token!
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Postby This Woman » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 am

I was thinking maybe a nice gauntlet of insults or snark, but you'd need at least four people to be available, and that would be a pretty small gauntlet.

Anyway, Liver's End will be happy to participate if you're not getting too bar-heavy already. :) We are at H & 3, take instruction fairly well - at least when we're in agreement - and someone is usually around the bar except late night.
The Liver's End ~ Where the locals go.
This Woman

Burning Since: 1995

Postby Minxy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:24 am

evil chris wrote:@ Minxy- you totally have the spirit! I like your ideas, and am going to start a 'Lore Master of Black Rock' Achievement, for the ultimate rare/lete spawns...

I play too much Wow. :twisted:

I'm thinking it might not even have to be a theme camp, per se. You could have a "sparkley" quest box attached to a carport pole or something at non-theme camps where your questee is required to go grab a quest piece. It could be sparkley with attached lights at night or something glittery or sparkley in the day time for the "quest sparkle" like in WoW. Inside could be anything you are calling your quest piece, pieces of paper with something drawn on it, an item, something easy but fun to incorporate into the questline. That way it wouldn't REQUIRE people to be at camp necessarily for the questee to achieve that piece of the quest. If there were people present in the camp, though, and we saw them go for the quest box we could pretend to be "quest mobs" and do something funny. "RAWR...I'm the evil mob guarding this treasure cache...you must hug me, drink a shot or spin around three times to the left before being allowed entry!"

I dunno. Something non-intrusive for the person so they don't have to drink or hug you if they don't want to, but something playful? I haven't had coffee yet...it sure sounds fun, though!
Minxy

Postby The CO » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:32 am

How about a time based quest? (because time is a bastard out there)

@ 12 noon & 12 midnight, M*A*S*H 4207th will play a specific phrase directed to questers over the PA. They have to return with the phrase/token, but can only get it 2 or three times in the whole week.
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby MissNev » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:10 pm

Hecks yes the Livers End wants in! I'll pm you!
Proprietor and Mixologist for The Liver's End
MissNev

Postby Waterwings » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:01 pm

This is all kinds of awesome. WoW whore here. Horde life baby. I'll be with Pink Heart 9:30 and Esplanade. Where you guys going to be located? I have to stop by! Love! <3
Live )*( Love )*( Burn
Waterwings

Postby illy dilly » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:19 pm

MissNev wrote:Hecks yes the Livers End wants in! I'll pm you!

We might be able to make something work between our camps since they are very close together.
Maybe a two part quest.
Sort of a
"Find the home of THE little GNOMEs, who live in a great big red and white DOME"
Then when they get to our camp, in a little box, like a mail box, its says
"Find THE place to rest your feet, grab your stomach and LIVER a treat, grab a friend cause you'll be at the END"

Or something, along those lines.
illy dilly

Postby Minxy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Oh such fun ideas!

I'm having a lot of fun today rolling quest ideas around in my head. Decking out a hobby horse and coming riding up on my "epic mount" as a quest NPC....aaaaaaah.
Minxy

Postby evil chris » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:35 am

YOU GUYS are totally rad.

I am so fucking impressed with all these great ideas! I've been super busy painting the bar, getting the art ready but I'm gonna get my quest stuff going by the end of this week, so I'm sorry if you haven't heard from me yet, but you will!!!

Thank you so very much, I can't wait to meet you all and have fun!
evil chris

Postby NyxValentine » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:50 pm

evil chris wrote:YOU GUYS are totally rad.

I am so fucking impressed with all these great ideas! I've been super busy painting the bar, getting the art ready but I'm gonna get my quest stuff going by the end of this week, so I'm sorry if you haven't heard from me yet, but you will!!!

Thank you so very much, I can't wait to meet you all and have fun!

Have I not heard back because I called you a dirty hordie? Cause I am so not apologizing for it :D

That said, I'm down for making the Incendiary Intent challenge into a WoW quest. reward? Feeling your tongue again in a few hours... :D
NyxValentine

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:22 pm

"Uh-huh-huh Renn Faire Sucks..."

"Heh-he-hehheh- heh, yeah, Sucks"
one nation, under a groove.
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby nuclear rabbit » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Orgribbar was awesome last year, I look forward to questing, been a while since I played WoW!
RomuloX! Assemble!
nuclear rabbit

Postby fbcota » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:15 am

Count The Pier in. We have multiple chests and a bait shop, along with a myriad of boats and crab traps to hide things in. Maybe the quester will need to travel to the Pier and deposit an item in a chest, from there the chest will have instructions to the next step in the quest chain. Or we could hide a message in the bait shop collage, person finds said message and it sends them to the next location.

Of it could just be a fishing side quest. Catch a hippie at the pier and return to camp for some absurd reward.

Message me. I leave for the playa in 8 days, so we either need to iron this out now or you will need to find me on playa ( a quest in itself).

BTW: I was the guy who tried to win a quest token by rolling a natural 20 on your blow up d20. I rolled a 20, for a sec then it stopped on 19. A bit of begging and you gave up the quest token.
fbcota

Postby This Woman » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:35 pm

I thought my kid had a good quest idea for a bar (which I remind Livers End is) - Have the questing person make some complicated drink that has to pass the taste test of one of our patrons.

anyway, booze for thought.
This Woman

Postby TheBigTicket » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:24 am

Camp Artman @ 4:30 and F

Will be serving Russian tea from a wood burning Samovar. With traditional, home made, Russian tea spice cakes. With different spices. Ginger/honey/cayenne/cinnamon/cardamom/nutmeg/allspice/paprika in different combinations.

Send those questing to get a cookie by any means necessary
TheBigTicket

Postby This Woman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:13 am

Did anything ever come of this? Not one person showed up for a quest, but neither did anyone from quest chain beforehand. We had a bunch of buttons we were going to give as a token to prove they'd done their quest.

We ended up making people taste the rainbow for the buttons. We had five different colors of skittles vodka, and they had to shoot them all in a row. Cruel, I know, but quests can't be easy.
This Woman

Postby mattmelnicki » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:27 pm

This Woman wrote:Not one person showed up for a quest, but neither did anyone from quest chain beforehand. We had a bunch of buttons we were going to give as a token to prove they'd done their quest.

We ended up making people taste the rainbow for the buttons. We had five different colors of skittles vodka, and they had to shoot them all in a row....

A lesson learned this year is to have at least one backup plan for any plans for next year. good work!
== EASTERN WASHINGTON: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kprburners/ ==
"Pins" // "Marzipan Man" // "Spines" (soon!)
mattmelnicki

Burning Since: 2010

Return to 2011 Theme Camps