DAMMIT BILL !!!

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: DAMMIT BILL !!!

Postby delle » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:13 pm

IS.

That's right. IS. Not budging on that one.

Beg to differ on the waist thing. I'm in possesion of a goodly sized one of those. :roll:
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Dammit Bill, I mean Delle,

(((Delle))) don't go down that guilt road about this. Even purely from her standpoint, this is not a good time for her to take a long trip. She should be focused on planning and budgeting for the really IMPORTANT Rite of Passage in her life: starting at University. And spending that precious bit of time with her brother, on their own. She may not see it that way right now, but, that's why she still needs her wise-headed mother to advise her on this. It's a good opportunity at a bad time, which makes it no opportunity at all.

YOU have worked and planned and made arrangements for your trip, for months. She must see it's not right for her screw things up at this point, even if she had limitless time and cash, which she does not. It is not not NOT your fault that she can't go.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby tamarakay » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:42 pm

Dammit Bill, kids can just rip us up can't they? Only time and the continuing mantra of "she will have her chances at the brass ring, right now it's my turn" will slowly appease it. Once those university bills start hitting and her account starts dwindling down, she will appreciate having her money right where she needs it. I believe its important we show kids to value themselves, and we show that by valuing ourselves.

And Dammit Delle I need my hug in the dust from you!
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Bin Noddin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Ah, kids. Mine was rarin' to leave home as soon as he learned to walk. He was nice enough to wait until he was 17. Saved us a bundle on the college money. We were, and are, very close but, Dammit, Bill - he just had to have his freedom.
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen
Bin Noddin

Postby Patsh » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:34 am

Dammit Bill!!!

What's up with this "August" shit,''

And what did you do with July??!!! :?

Delle... so glad she came to her senses, you have a very AWESOME daughter there!! :D

3 weeks to the day 'til I get to see you!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture
Patsh

Postby neata » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:42 pm

VANCOUVER !!!?????
Did I read that correctly?? :shock:
Ah well, it's true,
(a) there will be other chances ( and, maybe next time, I'll be around to enjoy it with her! )
(b) having you guys @ Burning Man is much more important right now...
:D
" if you want to make a song more hummy, add a few tiddleypoms"
A.A. Milne
neata

Postby delle » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Yep. I said Vancouver!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut..... she'd have had to board a plane pretty much directly to get back.

.....presuming the two of them didn't go all Thelma & Louise on me and never quite make it. (ahhhh, girls and roadtrips. gotta luv it)

Anyhow, yes, she realized it wasn't the best plan for this year and has wisely put it off for another time. Yeah!

A little quiz for Triken and Neata: Just how do you think Mom & Dad might have responded if any of us had come up with a plan like this??? and actually had the guts to ask it outloud no wonder I hate to say no.....
Last edited by delle on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
delle

Postby goathead » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Dammit Bill
I see the sisters are wandering forth.
:lol:
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

It will be some sort of incredible over-worded hippie prattle, attempting to disguise the
Eternal Theme
Burn Shit And Blow Shit Up. Eric
goathead

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:24 pm

I visited a nice home for sale this weekend. The current owners are my kind of people - they work the haunted house in October, they keep chickens and bees in the backyard, and the have a five-gallon carboy of MEAD!
I was about to put down an offer for it, but I just remembered there's another home I liked that is a short sale and is having some delays with their current buyer.
Just thinking that I might buy this one house, at about 8-9 on a scale of 1-10, and later what if this other house comes back on the market (it's a solid 10)?
Damnit Bill!
At least my new lady is offering support. :)
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby ygmir » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:I visited a nice home for sale this weekend. The current owners are my kind of people - they work the haunted house in October, they keep chickens and bees in the backyard, and the have a five-gallon carboy of MEAD!
I was about to put down an offer for it, but I just remembered there's another home I liked that is a short sale and is having some delays with their current buyer.
Just thinking that I might buy this one house, at about 8-9 on a scale of 1-10, and later what if this other house comes back on the market (it's a solid 10)?
Damnit Bill!
At least my new lady is offering support. :)

with that attitude, you may want to watch for "buyers remorse" as well.......if you buy one, you'll regret the other.....

jump in Dougly!! nuthin's perfect, and everything, is just as it should be.
you, sir, will make it your own, no matter.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:09 pm

Thank you, Yggy! :D

Owning a house SHOULD make one feel more secure in the final analysis.
And it gives you more freedom than renting, right?
It's a good thing, Dougly. Relax. :)
Ugly Dougly

Postby ygmir » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:12 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:Thank you, Yggy! :D

*pats Dougly on the head, offer "Dougly-snack"*

IPBA, dear Dougly.
and, call on me, if I can help..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Elorrum » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:48 pm

DAMMIT BILL! the ticket begging is just too much to take. A blanket good luck to all the needy. I feel I'm not worthy of my own ticket in comparison to all the Awesomeness that won't make it this year to the playa. I don't want to know how awful it is, SANTA IS NOT COMING BACK TO YOUR HOUSE on the 26th of DECEMBER> this is the dead letter office.
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby yurtgirl » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:55 pm

I was excited to get my tent the other day so I set it up to air out. Well, dammit Bill! a storm brewed up while I was at Lowes getting tarps and rebar. When I got home the tent was flat up against the fence. I'm stupid and didn't stake it down. So the beau and I set it back up again and drained a gallon of water that came in thru the screens. Now it's up, with the tarps over it so I can plan the roping and rebar. So much for a dry run! :wink:
There are 2 dates on your tombstone and all you're friends will read 'em, but the only thing that matters is that little dash between 'em. - Kevin Welch
yurtgirl

Postby capjbadger » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:15 pm

God dammit Bill!! Just checking over the mutant vehicle (built on a trailer) and found that the part that hitches on the truck is cracked at the base. I leave in a few days and the last thing I need is to have to do another repair. I'm only a beginner welder and I don't know if I can get a good weld on it in time. :evil: FUCK

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby burner von braun » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:24 am

Well Dammit Bill, why didn't you use the nice soft squishy kind of concrete on my back stairs? You know, the kind that cell phones love to gently bounce off of. Now it's like I'm typing my posts using some kinda Marcel Duchamp masterpiece..
Last edited by burner von braun on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Another early attempt at success
burner von braun

Burning Since: 2010

Postby BBadger » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:31 am

Dammit Bill, did this stupid trip to Seattle have to be scheduled the week + 1 day before I go on the other trip to the Playa? It's bad enough I don't have much time to order parts and other crap, but to be out of town for EIGHT FUCKING DAYS (which is actually cutting THAT trip short) is a damn wrench in the gears. And then to be asked if I can cancel the BM trip to squeeze in another day? HELL NO. You're lucky to get EIGHT DAYS before I have to scramble to buy the last minute shit and pack everything tight, and all that.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:05 pm

ygmir wrote:
Ugly Dougly wrote:Thank you, Yggy! :D

*pats Dougly on the head, offer "Dougly-snack"*

IPBA, dear Dougly.
and, call on me, if I can help..........

I'm okay, Ygmir, really. Damnit. :)
Ugly Dougly

Postby delle » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Dammit Bill.

The psychiatric day facility for my son that I had issues with in mid June worthy of the Fuck File called again on friday 4:30 (as the office was closing), leaving no message with my daughter except "have her call us ASAP". A-fucking-Gain!

I lost between 9am and 1pm today sitting by the phone after having left messages for her to call me back in the morning. MORNING. Only Fucking Morning I HAVE to deal with this.

Only to be told................

.....after MONTHS of them knowing exactly what my plans are (leaving the country on Aug 22nd and returning Sept 10th) and having been promised that he'd have a spot in late September and my leaving wasn't an issue)....

...That our place is slated for August 23rd.

August 23rd.

WTF?

Dammit Bill.

At this rate by the time he actually gets in there I'll be in a padded room on another floor.
delle

Postby Foxfur » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Dammit Bill! 80 minutes round trip into town because I forgot to buy a $2 part? You've got to be fucking kidding me!

And that Febreeze I saw at Grocery Outlet. "Limited Edition"? Seriously? Bill, you're fucking killing me!
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby MyDearFriend » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:52 pm

delle wrote:Dammit Bill.

The psychiatric day facility for my son that I had issues with in mid June worthy of the Fuck File called again on friday 4:30 (as the office was closing), leaving no message with my daughter except "have her call us ASAP". A-fucking-Gain!

I lost between 9am and 1pm today sitting by the phone after having left messages for her to call me back in the morning. MORNING. Only Fucking Morning I HAVE to deal with this.

Only to be told................

.....after MONTHS of them knowing exactly what my plans are (leaving the country on Aug 22nd and returning Sept 10th) and having been promised that he'd have a spot in late September and my leaving wasn't an issue)....

...That our place is slated for August 23rd.

August 23rd.

WTF?

Dammit Bill.

At this rate by the time he actually gets in there I'll be in a padded room on another floor.

Delle, that message left or sent as they walk out the fucking door drives me insane. I get that way too often. It's always just shy of enough information to work with. Seriously I think these folks are playing "hot potato" with people's lives.

But, the fact that they have given you a real firm date means, that you at least know one date that it will certainly NOT happen on... :lol: ah, Dammit Bill it really isn't funny.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Postby delle » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:52 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:
But, the fact that they have given you a real firm date means, that you at least know one date that it will certainly NOT happen on... :lol: ah, Dammit Bill it really isn't funny.

Well, yeah. It kinda is when you put it that way.

Thanks for that! :D

(I was going to use your Dammit Bill, because I'm over being angry about it for the timebeing. Instead I guess I'll just close with Dammit Bill, this vodka has saved my soul twice with these guys. Maybe I should pour myself a wee drink BEFORE talking to them in future!!!)
delle

Postby MyDearFriend » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:46 pm

(((Delle)))

MyDearFriend

Postby yurtgirl » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Went to erect the monkey hut today and the beau bought the wrong size connectors. Dammit Bill! I had the entir shopping list printed out with the correct sizes and quantity. He was looking at the pictures and the plan and couldn't understand the set up. He thought there was a mistake in the sizes and decided to get what he thought they should be. Well, I was really mad coz I've poured over the damn plans for MONTHS and could probably build the damn thing without the damn instructions, just by memory. So a trip back to gnome depot. I've only got one day left to build the Damn thing and get it right.
AND I screwed up and got the wrong size hitch installed so now I have to get a stinking adaptor to upgrade from 1 1/4" to a 2". I'm too distracted about the burn that I can't seem to get the prep right. But itll all work out and this time next week, it won't matter.
There are 2 dates on your tombstone and all you're friends will read 'em, but the only thing that matters is that little dash between 'em. - Kevin Welch
yurtgirl

Postby Elorrum » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:42 am

DAMMIT BILL!
Dammit Burning Man. DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby graidawg » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:09 pm

dammit Bill, I save from the moment i get back to blighty and like a good well prepared burner I have my ticket money stashed away. Then a job offer that is too good to pass up arrives and i need to be able to fund it. Now i dont have the cash saved anymore.
just Dammit Bill.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby ygmir » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:29 pm

graidawg wrote:dammit Bill, I save from the moment i get back to blighty and like a good well prepared burner I have my ticket money stashed away. Then a job offer that is too good to pass up arrives and i need to be able to fund it. Now i dont have the cash saved anymore.
just Dammit Bill.

one of the lessons of the self employed, GD:
sometimes, you gotta spend it, to make it.

IPBA!!!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Ultimate freedom comes with ultimate responsability!

Take charge!

I know you can do it!!!! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Savannah » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:40 am

Bumped, because I just saw Justin Bieber in the Fuck! thread.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby wh..sh » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Damn it!
Savannah, in my defense...

In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion