Artists looking for stages

I'm trying to bring a mobile stage with a PIANO.

Postby timmymusic » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:28 am

I thought I ought to post here first, because I want to let this thread know about a portable stage with a small piano I intend to bring- I took it to Lightning In A Bottle and it was lots of fun to play and share. The stage is actually big enough for a small drum kit and a bass and guitar and even amps, but that would have to be coordinated or left to the gods of impromptu magic on the playa. I'm going to post another post elsewhere about my bigger goal, which is to bring MORE pianos to dot around the city for any and all to play. These pianos will be PLAYABLE and as close to in tune as possible, not the usual wrecks you often see out there. I'm having a Kickstarter campaign to make this happen and will also be trying to network with folks for transportation from the SF Bay. I'm a multi-instrumentalist too: piano, bass, guitar, drums, kalimba, harmonica. I'm also friends with the SoundCave, which might be having both set performances and open jams.

(I'm not asking anyone to donate here, so I don't get attacked for cross-posting, but I thought it would be good to at least mention it, and it's in my sig below, but please, chill out and just let me do my little geurilla acoustic thing. From past experiences on eplaya, some people need to get a life. Sorry.)
Support The Piano Liberation Project!
timmymusic

Postby accordionMan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:35 am

Hey James...

Bring your Sax... there are many impromptu jams going on all the time. Just start playing and folks will come!
FREE MONEY to BURN 2013:
http://www.digitalartist.com/art/burningman/money.html
Some accordion at BM: http://current.com/items/89239638/rob_the_accordion_man.htm
accordionMan

Postby Ak01 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:34 pm

Looking for someone to sling some deep/techy/hard DnB for your soundcamp? Keep me in mind ;)

I've played at the burn in the past and performed for years at the regional SF Decompression, Precompression and Burnal Equinox events. Whether you're looking for those oh so sweet minimal tunes or full on in-your-face heavy DnB I'm your guy!

You can check out my site www.AnodyneIndustries.net

Or hit me up here!

See y'all soon!!
-Ak01
Ak01

I'm an Artist and I would love to show you all a GREAT TIME!

Postby I.R.Dangerous » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Hello all, my name is Kyle, my stage name is Shoppin For Sound. I really enjoy chocolate, forests, lights & music. I started producing music 2 years back and dabbled in the DJ scene starting the beginning of this year, I prefer to DJ my own tracks (way more fun). I make music to change the world and I want to give you party people even crazier music to dance! I don't have a genre of music (it's too restrictive) but it's dance music. I don't put any music online yet, I like to surprise the crowd and keep the flow going. Also I dont want anyone to steal my music (YET), I want to give it all away when I finish my album at the end of the summer. If I were to present this album at Burning Man...I couldn't think of anything better.
I'm running ableton and akai products (I don't know if I'm suppose to say this). This will be my very first burning man! To play at my first festival and to have it be Burning Man would bring tears to my eyes.
I'm coming to spread the love, peace, and knowledge to all and to celebrate my friends 21st! I want to make everyones experience better and leave with handfuls of friends for a life time :D <3
Last edited by I.R.Dangerous on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I.R.Dangerous

Xzentradi Rockin' the body!

Postby XZENTRADI » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:29 pm

Hello, my name is Tim AKA XZENTRADI. I specialize in world/spiritual early morning sounds with Deep Dubstep and Midtempo. I also play some rockin Midtempo for peak hour sets =) I would love to be added to any lineup for the burn. I've played the past 3 years at Basscamp, Temple of Boom and the Ganesh Art Car. I've also been known to spin turntable torches on my turntables =)

http://www.soundcloud.com/xzentradi
http://www.facebook.com/xzentradi

Check out my newest psy/world/spiritual Dubstep mix that's gotten quite popular on soundcloud.

http://soundcloud.com/xzentradi/xzenmasta-kata1yxzt

The second in a 2 disc set KATA1yXZT is a recognition of the dual polarities that one must experience as a part of evolution through the illusion of 3rd density Earth.
This DJ mix is a journey to the realms of time/space through the frequency of the green ray heart chakra.This builds up to a confrontation with the shadow self in which through love and understanding the shadow self is recognized as part of the self and there is a breakthrough into the 6th density time/space realms where the lessons of the balance of love and wisdom are explored.
Namaste!

Intro - Excerpt from Celtic Cross - Jade Garden
Booka Shade - Regenerate (Omega Remix)
Frost Raven - Spekter (Dubstep Mix)
Bird Of Prey - The First Step
Bird Of Prey - Atrium
Shamanic Technology - Onix
The Widdler - Shaman
The Widdler - End Transmission
The Widdler - Origin
Bird Of Prey - Paradise (Dubstep Mix)
Frost Raven - Seraki Mire (Original Mix)
Pink Floyd - Breathe/On the run (An-ten-nae Remix)
Vandera - Scanners (Original Mix)
Bass Junkies - Devils Haze
Adam John - The Little One
Shamanic Technology - Alone In The Dark
Droid Sector - Insomnia
Pink Floyd - High Hopes (Sageone Dubstep Remix)
SPL - Holy War (Original Mix)
Droid Sector - Crimson Tears
The Love Theme - Indian Girl (Alexis K Remix)
Tshabee - Awakening Of Gaia
Peek - Sphinx (Original Mix)
23Hz &amp; Numaestro - Nemesis

XZENTRADI has had a love for music since a very young age. Influenced by his older brothers who were masters at production and live performance, he started having many dreams about music production and decided to start producing music. In 1998 in collaboration with his brother Raphael AKA RA they formed a project called Ouroboros. Three main albums were produced along with a variety of remixes and B-sides with genres such as New Age, Breakbeats, Industrial and Trance. Tim and Raphael also produced Hip Hop beats for local projects EMD and KB Mob. EMD now known as local Hip Hop artist George Life. In 2000 Tim started recording DJs at local events and has recorded over 250 DJ sets from local and out of state DJs. In 2001 after much time of watching and studying DJs he decided to start DJing. The name XZENTRADI was born as he bought a pair of Gemini XL-500s and started out playing NRG/UK Hardhouse at local underground events. He later moved into genres such as House, Breakbeats, Drum & Bass, and Jungle. In 2006 he started playing Dubstep and started taking more of a philosophical, consciousness based and themed approach to his DJ mixes. The name XZENTRADI was split into alter egos XZENmAsTA and TRADI as the higher self battled the shadow self as portrayed in the double disc DJ mixes entitled sh1fT hAppEnXZ and 111um1TRAD1. He currently plays genres such as Dubstep, Glitch Hop, Mid Tempo and Drumstep and has had residencies at clubs Manhattan and Saints & Sinners. One of the first to spin records with fire turntables AKA turntable torches, he has spun fire turntables with numerous fire performers at events such as the Evolution Festival, United Festival, Freedom Fest and the Utah regional Burn AKA Element 11. He has shared the stage with DJs and producers such as Knowa Knowone, Joe Nice, Noah D, DJG, 6Blocc, APX-1, Ishe, HavocNdeed and TZR. For DJ mixes, original productions and bookings please visit his soundcloud page soundcloud.com/xzentradi
Last edited by XZENTRADI on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
XZENTRADI

Re: Artists looking for stages

Postby healingsounds » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi fellow burners,

I play hang drum with vocals and currently have enough material for about 45mins. I am looking for stages and fellow performers to play with. I think Violin, Flute and drums/percussion will compliment my songs. I can ad-lib if someone would like me to help with there music, art, performance project. I play the integral hang with notes D, A, Bb, C, D, E, F, A.

I am looking for a ride share. preferably around vancouver to san fransisco with a walmart and groceries visit on the way for supplies :?:

I am looking for a camp to join preferably not pot heads as I have just quit and am still building will power. Preferably aware yoga/health oriented people not party amimals :?:

I have rough recordings on http://www.myspace.com/570412572

Email - drwave78@yahoo.com.au

Thanks for listening and remember to persue your passions with compassion.

Nathan George
Healing Sounds
Last edited by healingsounds on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
healingsounds

Ambient DJ for the early hours

Postby strangeloop » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:12 pm

First time on the playa this year. I would be happy to bring some ambient music to play in the early morning / sunrise hours. DJing since the early 90's as SKL and Strange Loop. Some older samples at http://krack.org/music/
strangeloop

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:51 am

healingsounds wrote:I play the integral hang with notes D, A, Bb, C, D, E, F, A.

Like this?

Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby healingsounds » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Yes Ugly Dougly, but mine is less shiny. :(
healingsounds

Postby Der Scheinriese » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:09 pm

hello friendos,

guess what i am.
yea right another dj.
Flying from Munich, germany (u know oktoberfest/beer) to enjoy this wonderful experience.
I play deep (tech)house electro-swing disco stuff and do so every weekend in clubs.
If anybody is interested in it, I'd love to share a set on burning man.
I play of vinyls and CDs.
http://www.soundcloud.com/derscheinriese

c ya around.

jakob aka der scheinriese aka turtur
Der Scheinriese

Re: I'm trying to bring a mobile stage with a PIANO.

Postby talito » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:17 am

[quote="timmymusic"]I thought I ought to post here first, because I want to let this thread know about a portable stage with a small piano I intend to bring- I took it to Lightning In A Bottle and it was lots of fun to play and share. The stage is actually big enough for a small drum kit and a bass and guitar and even amps, but that would have to be coordinated or left to the gods of impromptu magic on the playa. I'm going to post another post elsewhere about my bigger goal, which is to bring MORE pianos to dot around the city for any and all to play. These pianos will be PLAYABLE and as close to in tune as possible, not the usual wrecks you often see out there. I'm having a Kickstarter campaign to make this happen and will also be trying to network with folks for transportation from the SF Bay. I'm a multi-instrumentalist too: piano, bass, guitar, drums, kalimba, harmonica. I'm also friends with the SoundCave, which might be having both set performances and open jams.

(I'm not asking anyone to donate here, so I don't get attacked for cross-posting, but I thought it would be good to at least mention it, and it's in my sig below, but please, chill out and just let me do my little geurilla acoustic thing. From past experiences on eplaya, some people need to get a life. Sorry.)[/quote]

I love it! I'm a pianist and always looking for pianos on the playa. I found a few last year that served us well. Would love to do it again this year.
Also collaborating with an opera singer on all kinds of covers - radiohead, bill withers, the band, etc.
Please let's stay in touch and coordinate some times and places on the playa.
I can play almost any style, so if you need a pianist for anything you have planned on the playa, let me know.
And you can hear various samples on my website if you'd like - www.talariel.com
talito

Another stupid dubstep dj

Postby Mothism » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Whats up BRO!!!
My name is Da Moth..(mark for short)...And yes I am another stupid dubstep Dj from LA looking for a place to rock out....Why should you choose me to play on your stage over the 45,000 other dubstep Djs on the playa? Well....I promise to play aaalll the biggest hits..Ya know Britney Spears remixes.Kanye West redubs..Every Doctor P remix ever made...(i will definatley play Sweetshop like 6 times in 1 set as well as 6 different versions of Basscannon ..).I will also try to keep the mixer red lined so I get that "holy shit the speakers are gonna blow up..its making my ears bleed and I cant hear the music thru all the distortion" sound that you know and love..So If you would like me to come decimate your camp with obnoxious noises please check out my soundcloudpage....
Peace love and Bass...
DA MOTH
http://soundcloud.com/da-moth
If you like me and would like me to play..Please shoot me an email...Mothism@gmail.com
(and if you took anything i said seriously...you probably dont want me to play for you)

:evil:
Mothism

Swiss Artists @ Burningman this year

Postby mascarpone » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:50 am

Heya out there, I'm Roberto Mascarpone from Switzerland, We've got a little Artlabel here in switzerland which is about the same principles as burningman and as we also have about a few very nice musicians in our community i want to promote them a little that they can perform at the burningman this year. The following artist will be in ourburnercrew this year. All of them have good liveexperience in severall clubs, bars with perform live and create tracks live with instruments, machines and stranger's vocals as well as play dj sets.

Kanner--> he's our autistic genious. the man who loves afterhours and music to dance untill you forgett everything else is playing TEchno, Techhouse, Minimal, Garage and so on.
Mandalus--> Our friend from the Uk is playing and producing percusive dubstep, balkan/gipsyhouse and afrohouse set's because he likes to swim against the mainstream.
Davy Crockett--> Our Cowboy from Switzerland is into the more or less lovely parts of House, electro and electrorap. he's playtimes are when the people are going wild.
Artisan--> Call it crazyyy but if your open for thing's and ideas you've never heard before go to one of he's shows. he's music is all about noises and tones from objects and instruments from all over the world. Awesome...

Our philosophy is to bring the gift of music and the possibility to create unforgettable moments to everyone.

if your interested just write a mail to me or so.... We can also send you demo's

much love from switzerland and hopefully cu at the burn!!!

roberto
mascarpone

Re: Swiss Artists @ Burningman this year

Postby Galaxo Magic » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:32 am

mascarpone wrote:Heya out there, I'm Roberto Mascarpone from Switzerland, .... switzerland and hopefully cu at the burn!!!

roberto

Roberto,
Good luck, our theme camp might well be the only one in all of Black Rock City that does not have DJ booth.
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Re: I'm trying to bring a mobile stage with a PIANO.

Postby timmymusic » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:50 pm

[quote="talito"]I love it! I'm a pianist and always looking for pianos on the playa. I found a few last year that served us well. Would love to do it again this year.
Also collaborating with an opera singer on all kinds of covers - radiohead, bill withers, the band, etc.
Please let's stay in touch and coordinate some times and places on the playa.
I can play almost any style, so if you need a pianist for anything you have planned on the playa, let me know.
And you can hear various samples on my website if you'd like - http://www.talariel.com[/quote]

That's awesome, I'm trying to bring 2 pianos, if feasible. [b] I'm looking for a cheaper tiered ticket too (so it will be more feasible!)[/b]
Also going to bring tuning wrench to tune every piano I come into contact with (if it's tunable and not totally messed up).

[b]8O8-283-999O[/b]
Timmy
Support The Piano Liberation Project!
timmymusic

Re: Swiss Artists @ Burningman this year

Postby mascarpone » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:35 am

[quote="Galaxo Magic"][quote="mascarpone"]Heya out there, I'm Roberto Mascarpone from Switzerland, .... switzerland and hopefully cu at the burn!!!

roberto[/quote]
Roberto,
Good luck, our theme camp might well be the only one in all of Black Rock City that does not have DJ booth.[/quote]

how about live show with producing beats, samples melodies and so on stage?

http://soundcloud.com/mascarponetunes/r ... -distorted
mascarpone

Band looking for a stage

Postby Father_Burn » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:49 am

Hey,

Papa Bear from Mountain Mayem here, one of our house bands is looking to pick up another gig or two around the playa this year. They are called Cosmic Accident. I'd love to see them play ontop of an art car. They are a 4 piece band (Drums, Bass, Keys and Guitar) with vocals of course. They range from electronica esque to greatful dead esque.

Here's a youtube vid of them playing a mixup of shakedown street and a disco version of Space Odyssey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JsQ-kcD1jM
Here's their facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cosmic-Ac ... 9326166793

Drop them a line through facebook or PM me here if you're interested.
The Bear
Mountain Mayhem
2010-9&A, 2011-2:30&Esplinade, 2012 - 9&A
Father_Burn

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Mountain Mayhem

Postby glia » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Hey guys my DJ (and real) name is Mike Butler
I camp and play at Opulent Temple --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w1FSfzw6Yw
I also played at Bass Camp last year and had an awesome time!! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxsPW_DWqZ0

I don't like to stretch myself thin as a DJ with too many gigs but I still love to throw down a few times during the week. Looking for a couple more gigs here and there for anyone lookin for some beats! =)

I play breaks/techno/tech house/D&B. To check out my sounds go to soundcloud.com/DJMikeButler

specifically.....
Dub/D&B/breaks mix: http://soundcloud.com/djmikebutler/dreams-fulfilled-vol-4-somewhere-where-weve-never-been-before
House/Tech mix: http://soundcloud.com/djmikebutler/mike-butler-march-house-mix
Techno rework: http://soundcloud.com/djmikebutler/hallucinogen-gamma-goblins

MikeB@StarryEyedMusic.com
facebook.com/DJMikeButler
DJ MIKE BUTLER

change the world through changing yourself.
change yourself through changing the world.
glia

Postby theduskah » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Hello all! I'm Jon. My friend Will and I are a dynamic dubstep and glitch duo from the Seattle area and we are looking to rock out on some stages! I'm the head coordinator of The Master-BASS-Sin Station and we would love to do some stage trades! So let me know if you wanna rock with us and we definitely wanna rock with you! Here is a link to some mixes and free tunes! GO GET EM!
http://www.soundcloud.com/dubble_penetration
Yo people! Check out soundcloud.com/dubble_penetration for some free tunes and things! Thanks!
theduskah

Postby treeclmbr » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:26 pm

hi there! i play trip hop/downtempo/dub and i'd love to spin a set this year or next year. any camp will work. i can help out with any setting up/tearing down.

www.soundcloud.com/treeclmbr
treeclmbr

DIRTY ELECTRONIC LATIN RHYTHMS

Postby DA MOTH » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:24 am

Hola muchachos,
My name is Gring-Oh-Star....I am a dj from L.A. specializing in electronic Latin rhythms...Moombahton,Moobahcore,Reggaeton,and Electrocumbia...I would love to come get filthy and make some asses shake at your camp..If you are looking for some ritmos picantes please hit me up...:)
Muchas gracias
Gring-oh-star

Here is a mix for your ears..
http://soundcloud.com/gring-oh-star/esto-es-moombahton

EMAIL ME @ Gringohstar@gmail.com
DA MOTH

Postby Dan Snakehead » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:32 pm

My DREAM/Bucket List is to play burning man, it has taken my whole life to get to this point, got my ticket and my gear all ready, I play my own compositions aswell as that of others, I love to jam and am beyond excited to attend this years burn <3. If there are any TBA's out there I would jump to "fill your slot"
I play anything electronica and emotional. find me on facebook under Dan Snakehead or hear my music by googling me. Thank you for your time.
Dan Snakehead = Dance Naked the most clever name in Djing 13 years exp. available for 1 or 2 more stage performances, Representing DJ's in a Box, Victoria BC Canada. I play EVERYTHING and LOVE being challenged with genres and improvised fusion.
Dan Snakehead

Burning Since: 2011

SEX PIXELS AT BURNING MAN

Postby SEX PIXELS » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Sex Pixels would love to DJ at your camp this year.
http://www.sex-pixels.com
Sex Pixels is a combined effort between DJs and visualists... Joining in 2011, Sex Pixels have already played at Lightning In A Bottle alongside Thievery Corporation, Bonobo, Pretty Lights, and many many more amazing acts. Please listen to our live mixes from past events. http://soundcloud.com/sex_pixels
Look forward to hearing from you and hopefully laying down a special set on your amazing stage.
booking.sexpixels@gmail.com
SEX PIXELS

Postby soupman » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:19 pm

I am a DJ!

I do NOT play Dubstep!

I DO have a ticket!

I CAN play any type of music, including Downtempo, Deep House, Tech House and Techno (my forte), Funk and Soul, glitch-hop (I enjoy playing it but I wouldn't say it's my strong suit) and Disco.

I played the Wed/Thurs. Sunrise set at Nexus last year under the name "30,000 watt baby"... the set and full tracklisting can be found at

http://djnatemanic.podomatic.com/entry/ ... 6_22-07_00

I also run a club here in Chicago called Smart Bar and am very active in the local scene, usually on the bill for all the regionals, Freakeasy, Resonate and other events (some of which I have helped coordinate and execute).

I wasn't really looking for any gigs this year but would be more than happy to fill some of those slots that are probably vacant from the other guys NOT getting their tickets in time.

Not looking to get my name out there or further my career with a "resume builder", just play some great camps with great people and make some friendly connections. :)

I'm bringing out CDs ONLY.

More info, mixes and bio at http://djnatemanic.podomatic.com ... you can PM me here if interested.

:)
soupman

Postby Captain » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:41 pm

*** VIRGIN DJ LOOKING FOR A GIG ***

Hey guys, I'm a beginner DJ/Producer and lover of all EDM thanks to my first burn two years ago. It's my biggest fantasy to DJ at burning man!!!!!

I'm looking for any kind of DJ gig at all, just to get some experience and to give back to the burn!

I play mostly house, dubstep, and a little hip hop, but I'll play anything you want me to.

I use Ableton Live on a Mac with an APC40 midi controller.

If the gig is at night I'll probably perform wearing a bright orange replica space suit. :)

- Captain!
Captain

MO7S free dance music consultation emporium.

Postby MO7S » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Greetings fellow children of the earth. I am returning to the playa for my second year. The first, obviously being amazing in a myriad of ways beyond explanation.

I am a disc jockey of over 17 years. I run my own label spanning all genres of electronic music, although my dj sound is more catered strictly to the dance floor.

I played at 2010 Roots Society Underground & Yoshiwara among others.

My style consists of big room breakbeat, techno and house, infused with turntablism, or in the context of the Burn dj setups, some very authentic sounding digital scratching.

Videos are available on my youtube from last year.

http://www.youtube.com/djmo7s#p/u/5/U5DNg6OtrWo

My label artists and record releases here:

http://www.beatport.com/label/monism/10243/releases

And my sound cloud for label and artists as well.

http://soundcloud.com/mo7s

Lastly, you can download a version of my set from Yoshiwara Saturday Night 2010 Burning Man via our iTunes podcast, here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id295507423

Feel free to contact me with any inquires about myself or other artists on Monism. I am excited to be coming back!!
Love!!

MO7S (pro-nounced moe sevens)
Monism Music
Los Angeles

monismmusic@gmail.com
djmo7s@gmail.com
MO7S
MO7S

Postby seanqtnz » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:55 am

Hi There
My name is Sean (a Nomadic Kiwi / Travelling New Zealander) hailing most recently from Banff, Canada!
A carpenter by trade my other real passion, besides building and creating in the wood world, is playing music as a DJ for anyone who feels the same way I do when the beat gets under your skin and you can't do anything before the inevitable fist-pumping begins :)!
This is my first Burning Man and I would love to be apart of any stage that would be willing to give me a go! House music is what really gets that smile on my face but I also love to play acid jazz and groovin deep/tech house. Like I said it’s the stuff that you hear and makes you wanna smile from ear to ear!

If anyone is interested I can be contacted at seanqtnz@gmail.com or you can hear a little of what I like to play on soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/the-postmannz
Cannot wait for Burning Man - see you there!

Cheers
Sean Caird
seanqtnz

dj MOM

Postby Driana » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Hello, My name is Adrian and I go by dj MOM and I also emcee conscious hip hop under the name ate21. I am offering my dj skills to stages that might need space to fill as we are finding out a lot of dj's don't have tickets. I am also a Ranger so I wasn't planning on attempting to play music until this started. I have signed up for my Ranger shifts, but I might be able to move some around.

I started djing in '93 and I will post a link of some older mixes, but I don't have anything I've done recently up there...been busy.
I also will only bring a flash drive or cd's so if there is a controller, computer, or cdj's, I can help, if not, go download my mixes anyway and maybe we'll work something out for next year!

I would be able to play:
ambient/downtempo/idm/chill/etc (sunrise, set or midday would work for this genre)
dubstep (more dark deep moody stuff as opposed to the more "bro step" styles)
hip hop (as a dj or an emcee....up to 45min to an hour set as an emcee)
drum and bass? (most of that is on vinyl though so I'd have to confirm that later)

Here's the link:
http://www.djmom.podomatic.com
there are only drum and bass and downtempo (vinyl) mixes, but you can listen to get a sense of my skills as a dj. There are two under 30 min mixes titled 'side' meant to mimic the days of mix tapes, so 'side /' and 'side \'. one is dnb the other downtempo.

Like I said, I will be happy just being a Ranger and a dancer, but thought I'd post anyway.

Cheers,
Adrian
ltjmom@gmail.com
cheers!
Driana/Ranger Cucumber/Adrian/dj MOM/ate21/VLUM
Driana

Postby Sovereign » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:59 am

Hey Familia! So excited to be going home, can't wait to see y'all! My name is Five, I am graff artist and part of a SF based street art crew

known as Sovereign Syndicate..Hittin the playa this year with a full range of wild colors but I need somewhere to paint! My live art is

expressionist/movement-based, usually employing the vibes of whatever music is going on around me (fan of DnB, but I love to

rock out to pretty much anything)..I'm bringing parasols and maybe some t-shirts to paint on, but I will paint on anything I am given!

I will style out whatever I can, the world is my canvas! I'm great during the day, but will also be bringing a blacklight setup and paints

that look amazing in the dark! I use CFC-free spray-paint but the air air can get a little hazy at times, as long as it doesn't bother

anyone (I break regularly to give things a chance to air out)..If you have space for me, I'd love to bring some extra steez to your guests,

or if you'd like me to come thru just to add some color to your camp, I'm fully down wit it! (Sorry, no pics or links, I like dealing

with faces better than screens, so all my work is done on good faith and word-of-mouth)..Contact me at:

sovereignrideco@gmail.com Love,love, love
Sovereign

Postby BFG » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:32 pm

Yo yo!

Luke here, representing Sydney rock/groove band ROCKETHEAD!

We'll be attending BM this year (first time for us all) with our guitars and distortion boxes and would love to crank our brand of heaving energy pound to the BM masses. We wont have any amplifiers due to the logistics of it (but might have a drum kit..) so backline would be required wherever we end up..

Anyhoo, hope to hear from one of you amazing venue crews!

http://www.reverbnation.com/rocketheadsydney

Luke.
BFG

PreviousNext

Return to 2011 Art & Performance