DAMMIT BILL !!!

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby Elorrum » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Dammit Bill! I don't want to go to work tomorrow. My bully at work got me so angry on Friday that I actually pounded my head against the store manager's door jamb. It's employment, but this dick is playing me like a firework display. Even when I practice just not engaging with his anger, it just gets me and I get pissed off.
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby Foxfur » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:48 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:Ouch, Catman!

And DAMMIT BILL!!!

WHY IS IT, that whenever I go to post a comment I have to SUBMIT ??? Are the Interweb Overlords even that interested??? Why the fuck do they care? and, who are they, anyway? I am really getting tired of this, now, when I get ready to post and look for that button, it says

Submit

and I think, No! Hell no! Fuck no! FUCK you!

Nine times out of ten I refuse to do it.

So far the Overlords have not come after me.

But Dammit Bill why can't we all just get along???

Damn MDF! That was HOT!
Radical self expression got a dent in the ass right there...
Fuck The Man!
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby graidawg » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:06 pm

And DAMMIT BILL!!!

WHY IS IT, that whenever I go to post a comment I have to SUBMIT ??? Are the Interweb Overlords even that interested??? Why the fuck do they care? and, who are they, anyway? I am really getting tired of this, now, when I get ready to post and look for that button, it says

Submit

Julia its not you submittting to the overlords but them submitting to you after all when you press the button they carry out your will.
Yes thats right the internet overlords are submissive
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby MyDearFriend » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:39 am

graidawg wrote:

And DAMMIT BILL!!!

Submit

Julia its not you submittting to the overlords but them submitting to you after all when you press the button they carry out your will.
Yes thats right the internet overlords are submissive

Hmmmm. Interesting point, Grai. Seems like most days these Interweb Overlords are trying to run my life but, I will try looking at that button from your perspective.

Submit to me!!!

Nah :roll: that's not fun either, I must be doing this wrong...
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Re: DAMMIT BILL !!!

Postby delle » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:10 am

I have a major gripe this morning I wasn't even expecting when I woke up.

Been looking for a stylish commode chair for my mother's room so she can pee easily during the night without feeling like she's waking up her neighbour (shared bathroom with an industrial flush she just feels she can't use during the night for fear of waking the person in the next room). She admitted to me today that she's been shuffling off down the hall twice a night instead of using her bathroom.

Told her we could we could easly make that better by finding her a nice, stylish, chair that nobody would even suspect was a commode during the day so she could "go" at night without the walk.....

...then I got to looking....

And yes, there are TONS out there. Really nice ones! IF YOU HAPPEN TO LIVE IN THE UK!!!!

I mean, DAMMIT BILL!!!! What is it about north america where we don't think that our elders deserve the comfort and dignity of a facility chair that doesn't look industrial. The look alone of what's available out there just screams "Old and Sick" which is NOT what I what she needs to be surrounded by.

...the only one I've found so far in the US is over $500. ....and supplied by the UK -- hence the price. Canada? Forget it. I'm finding nothing.

Maybe my google skills are lacking, but I've really tried every search I could think of! And it's making me angry --- NOT because I'm not finding it, but because what I AM finding is just so damned depressing and ugly. Just screams disrespectful to me.

scribbling in Pension Plan book: #382: build affordable stylish wooden commode chairs for our elders' bedrooms!
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:49 am

If it's just pee, she doesn't have to flush.

If nothing else, it strikes me as a better interim solution than the one she's adopted. Or she could ask if the flushing bothers her roommate.

And yes, my forays into the world of home medical equipment indicate that somethings pretty wacky with how it's done.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:53 am

delle wrote:I have a major gripe this morning I wasn't even expecting when I woke up.

Been looking for a stylish commode chair for my mother's room so she can pee easily during the night without feeling like she's waking up her neighbour (shared bathroom with an industrial flush she just feels she can't use during the night for fear of waking the person in the next room). She admitted to me today that she's been shuffling off down the hall twice a night instead of using her bathroom.

Told her we could we could easly make that better by finding her a nice, stylish, chair that nobody would even suspect was a commode during the day so she could "go" at night without the walk.....

And yes, there are TONS out there. Really nice ones! IF YOU HAPPEN TO LIVE IN THE UK!!!!

I mean, DAMMIT BILL!!!! What is it about north america where we don't think that our elders deserve the comfort and dignity of a facility chair that doesn't look industrial. The look alone of what's available out there just screams "Old and Sick" which is NOT what I what she needs to be surrounded by.

...the only one I've found so far in the US is over $500. ....and supplied by the UK -- hence the price. Canada? Forget it. I'm finding nothing.

Maybe my google skills are lacking, but I've really tried every search I could think of! And it's making me angry --- NOT because I'm not finding it, but because what I AM finding is just so damned depressing and ugly. Just screams disrespectful to me.

scribbling in Pension Plan book: #382: build affordable stylish wooden commode chairs for our elders' bedrooms!

DAMNIT BILL! Just in the time it took to read that, I have a design for less than $100!!!
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby jkisha » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:58 am

FIGJAM wrote:
delle wrote:I have a major gripe this morning I wasn't even expecting when I woke up.

DAMNIT BILL! Just in the time it took to read that, I have a design for less than $100!!!

Then I suggest you patent it and put it into production. It sounds like there is a need, and it might make you rich and lots of old people happy.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby delle » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:00 am

theCryptofishist wrote:If it's just pee, she doesn't have to flush.

That's what I thought. Her response was that she's just too shy to leave it in the toilet without flushing -- although it's something she would have done if the bathroom weren't shared.

Fact is, the neighbour is a man. She's just not comfortable leaving traces of her having passed thru in the night for a man (not her husband or child or close friend) to see. And I can respect this.

The whole search has been a real eyeopener into equipment I'd never really given much thought to before. I imagine you've got a whole list of gripes about indignity of adapted equipment. Why this stuff has to "look the part" when its really not necessary for its function to be so damned ugly is just beyond me.
delle

Postby delle » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:02 am

jkisha wrote:
FIGJAM wrote:

Then I suggest you patent it and put it into production. It sounds like there is a need, and it might make you rich and lots of old people happy.

I sooooooooooooooooo have to learn to stop posting my pension plans in public. :roll:

tho at least this time, it's gone to family!!! :D
delle

Postby jkisha » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Ceck this one out, from the Museum of Toilets in Dehli India http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/3882966
They even have one that is disguised as a stack of leather-bound books.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby delle » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:09 pm

That sure is a shitload of interesting in there, JK!

Who knew portapotties could be so fascinating!

(I do love that the stack of books was a French design.... of a stack of British literature!)
delle

Postby graidawg » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:02 pm

delle wrote:That sure is a shitload of interesting in there, JK!

Who knew portapotties could be so fascinating!

(I do love that the stack of books was a French design.... of a stack of British literature!)

Damn the french!
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby tamarakay » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:19 am

Dammit Bill! Stung by something at 3:30 this morning, woke up screaming. Took benedryl, tylenol, put a sling on my arm to hold the icepack in place. Tried to hold off till doc opened at 9, but ended up in E.R. at 6:30. Steriods in the hip and a script for more. Already feel the roid bitchiness creeping in. :evil:
They suspect a black widow, due to the muscle cramps etc in my arm. Or one hell of a scorpion. Dammit Bill, i've been stung by those before and this one is much worse.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby delle » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Damn, Tamarakay. That sounds just plain nasty (not to mention dangerous and painful)

Please let us know how you're doing now.

Dammit Bill! I hate worrying about my peeps. And now I'm officially worried.

only good thing about being up north. bugs are small and annoying and rarely dangerous, and bears hardly ever wake you up from a sleep with a bad bite.
delle

Postby MyDearFriend » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:09 pm

tamarakay wrote:Dammit Bill! Stung by something at 3:30 this morning, woke up screaming. Took benedryl, tylenol, put a sling on my arm to hold the icepack in place. Tried to hold off till doc opened at 9, but ended up in E.R. at 6:30. Steriods in the hip and a script for more. Already feel the roid bitchiness creeping in. :evil:
They suspect a black widow, due to the muscle cramps etc in my arm. Or one hell of a scorpion. Dammit Bill, i've been stung by those before and this one is much worse.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Were you home?

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Postby tamarakay » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:42 pm

Yep, home sound asleep in my little bed, in Texas, in the middle of a drought. The bugs are out plotting with extreme strategery on how to get into the a.c. We have killed three black widows on our back porch in and around the dog houses this year. Living here you don't put on an item of clothing or a shoe/boot without shaking it out. Same thing with blanket check before bed etc. In our previous house the scorpions really loved living in the soap dish for some reason. Found them there regularly. Terrifying with the baby here.

*edited to add* DAMMIT BILL!

tamarakay

Postby Elorrum » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Dammit Bill!!!

talked up Burning Man to the wrong person at work. Now they are requesting time off and really want to go... No camping experience, not too clever about figuring things out on their own. not burning man material IMO, and well, not my responsibility.

Just checked my messages, "I really want to talk to you about this before I request the time off."

so, dammit, be careful who you talk about TTITD with.
Elorrum

Postby MyDearFriend » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:38 am

Elorrum wrote:Dammit Bill!!!

talked up Burning Man to the wrong person at work. Now they are requesting time off and really want to go... No camping experience, not too clever about figuring things out on their own. not burning man material IMO, and well, not my responsibility.

Just checked my messages, "I really want to talk to you about this before I request the time off."

so, dammit, be careful who you talk about TTITD with.

Oh Dammit Bill, don't you hate it when that happens?

Try reading off the back of your ticket. :shock: Unless s/he is the contrary type who can't resist a dare, that might do it.

MyDearFriend

Postby Elorrum » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Dammit Bill, her time off was granted, and she came to high five me... "we're going!" I was asked when I was leaving, and how could we meet outside the event at Pyramid Lake?
Me: "This is your adventure. I am not asking you to go on vacation with me. We are not going on vacation together. I would love to see you out there. But you have to do this on your own."
Then I proceeded to describe just how dirty it is there. How dirty. How you have to deal with your own gray water. She started wilting. ACK. I think I'm in the clear.
The dust is my friend.
Elorrum

Postby MyDearFriend » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:55 pm

Dammit Bill, embrace the dust!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MyDearFriend

Postby tamarakay » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:46 am

Elorrum wrote:Dammit Bill, her time off was granted, and she came to high five me... "we're going!" I was asked when I was leaving, and how could we meet outside the event at Pyramid Lake?
Me: "This is your adventure. I am not asking you to go on vacation with me. We are not going on vacation together. I would love to see you out there. But you have to do this on your own."
Then I proceeded to describe just how dirty it is there. How dirty. How you have to deal with your own gray water. She started wilting. ACK. I think I'm in the clear.
The dust is my friend.

Damn it Bill! Maybe she didn't get her tickets in time?

tamarakay

Postby Elorrum » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:37 pm

tamarakay wrote:
Elorrum wrote: ACK. I think I'm in the clear.
The dust is my friend.

Bingo! And who says there isn't a single benefit of the event selling out?
Elorrum

Postby MyDearFriend » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Elorrum wrote:
tamarakay wrote:

Maybe this is bad for me to say :? y'all will have to tell me, but, Dammit Bill after looking at the ticket thread I would be just as happy not to mingle with some of those folks in BRC... trying to remember my Radical Inclusion, but...

MyDearFriend

Postby FIGJAM » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:14 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:
Elorrum wrote:
tamarakay wrote:

Maybe this is bad for me to say :? y'all will have to tell me, but, Dammit Bill after looking at the ticket thread I would be just as happy not to mingle with some of those folks in BRC... trying to remember my Radical Inclusion, but...

DAMN IT BILL, you know how addicts act when the supply runs out!

We can only hope that those poor "beekers" get into a program. :wink:

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby tamarakay » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:25 am

Dammit Bill! If I believed in signs and omens of doom, i'd be seriously reconsidering going this year. In this past month we've had over 500 in repairs to truck (parts only, friend and ken did labor - something electrical), my tooth implant thing won't have it's permanent tooth till after bm, so i'll be rocking this removable temp tooth that makes me talk funny and makes it difficult to eat, we bought a generator for the beater trailer, then the beater trailer died, and then found the airstream and the generator is too small. the larger generator had something go out on it, repair guy said its out of production so he's having a hard time finding the part, it may be ready for bm, maybe not.

And on Wednesday I participated in an event at work that involved a spoof on michael jackson's Beat It, didn't adequately stretch before the second performance and now have a grade 2 pull/strain/tear in my calf muscle. Good news is there should be a youtube of the event sometime this week, bad news is i'm hobbling around like a 51 year old who tried to act cool.

And I feel all whiney and complainy. That's all my bitching for today, I promise Dammit Bill.

tamarakay

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:15 am

tamarakay wrote:Dammit Bill! If I believed in signs and omens of doom, i'd be seriously reconsidering going this year...

Bwahahahahaha, Dammit Bill I was going over a similar list of minor disasters and unexpected obstacles myself, just last night.

But

I reminded myself, that if this was easy to do, it wouldn't be near as much fun, and it wouldn't be a real Rite of Passage. 8)

Just get there, Tamara, if we just get there, all things are possible.

Sorry about your muscle strain. :cry: Happy it wasn't a ruptured tendon! :shock:

MyDearFriend

Postby Elorrum » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:28 am

Well, Dammit Bill! Just remember that sitting in a lounge chair in the shade and watching the world go by is one of the most enjoyable burning man activities there is. You don't need to hike or bike out to find it, it is all around, and moves by any vantage point. Just get there, Tamarakay, you don't have to worry about doing any more than that.
Elorrum

Postby delle » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Tamara!!! Never question if it's right for you to go this year. You KNOW it is!!! The world is just throwing you the curveballs while you're still on a ground where they can be dealt with -- rather than once on the road or on-playa. Right? Right? (you know I'm right!!!)

My Dammit Bill for the day is a heartbreaker.

My daughter (19) mentionned last night that the woman (early 20's) with whom she works patrol on the bicycle path here... where they tootle along for 80+ km per day, and have had oodles of time to get thick as thieves.... asked her if she'd like to drive down to Vancouver with her in a couple of weeks, when she leaves for university.

Thats just under 5000km away.... and would have her returning AFTER our departure for the playa.

Which leaves my son alone until she returns.

And her having spent all her summer money on the trip (including a flight back) -- leaving her zippo for her books and clothes and the like for her first year at university here.

It kills me to say no to such a tremendous opportunity. But all I can think about besides the money and my son is how many things can go disastrously wrong.... making it impossible for ME to go to BM. So I'm about luke warmish with definite freezing undertones about it with her.

And I feel so guilty. And so selfish (because we could probably just make it work if not for the BM expenses).

But Dammit Bill. I don't DO vacations. I just don't. ALL my funds go to my family. That this one was just for ME and Ken was a first!!!

How do I make the guilt go away??????
delle

Postby FIGJAM » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:27 pm

NOT was, IS!!!! And guilt is a waist of time you don't have!!!!! 8)

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion