Ride Share 2011

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Re: Ride Share 2011

Postby LunarFeline » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:53 pm

[quote="portaplaya"]LunarFeline, I notice that you did not post the same details on the Rideshare page for BM 2011. I think you and your "partner in crime" will have more luck on that list that posting on this topic.

done and done portaplaya THANKS!!! :)
LunarFeline

Postby Playa Hater » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:30 pm

We are offering a ride to one person to Burning Man from SF and back as well. We are leaving for BM on Sunday August 28th and will be leaving the the playa on Monday September 5th. We are also open to camping at Pyramid Lake for a night after or at least maybe stopping by just to take a dip in the water and decompress for just a bit so it would be nice to find someone with an extra day after the event. That part however is not set in stone. Just something we like to do some years after leaving the playa. Its refreshing. Anyhow there will be 3 of us in the SUV, plus you. We are pulling a trailer so there should be more than enough room for all your stuff, leaving the SUV nice and roomy for all of us. We are looking preferably for someone who would like to join our camp. We are about 10 people give or take. Its a good mix. Some of us are seasoned burners, some who have been once or twice, and some who will be going for their first time this year. We have a good setup of a couple large shade structures. We are NOT any kind of theme camp. Just friends who have met on the playa in years past and some who know eachother back in the default world. We have a good deal of camping gear and cookware. I believe we will have electricity as well as a camp shower.

We are basically looking for a cool person who wants to ride with us and camp with us. We are looking for someone who can chip in for gas and maybe a little bit for the trailer. It really doesn't cost much at all. We are NOT looking for mooches or anything of the sort. We want self reliable people but people who also understand the concept of sharing and know how to have a good time. Also we are looking for an extra ticket or two for a couple camp mates who were not able to pick them up before the sell out. If you happen to have this we are willing to purchase at a reasonable price (no $1000 bullshit) or are also willing to trade in exchange for a free ride there and back and we would also take care of all of your food and bevearage needs and whatever else we have laying around.

If you think you might be down to roll with us and are interested, please just shoot me an email and let's talk.

Happy burn. )'(
Last edited by Playa Hater on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playa Hater

Burning Since: 2004

Postby waterpistol » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:24 am

hello! i am looking for a life, i mean lift! (have posted in the lift request section too!) but if you want to pool resources and hire a vehicle of some sort we could all drive out together... i am a UK based firefighter volunteering as such on the playa! i want to leave around the 05SEP so that could be good, however i only wish to arrive there on the 30AUG! so if that sounds good we can keep comms open and see what develops!? i can drive any rigid body vehicle with my drivers license so a small truck could be do-able! maybe you can help me, with advice, on what i should be doing in san francisco for the 22-29AUG; parties/events/burner-community affiars to get involved in to make connexions, friends (solo-travellers you see!) and such forth before the actual festival starts... cheers guys!!! :o)
waterpistol

Postby portaplaya » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:17 am

Again, ladies and gentlemen

If you want to get maximum views on your rideshare request, post on the actual rideshare request board: http://www.burningman.com/calendar/year ... hp?id=4526
This board will be featured in the JRS newsletter and is the best way to reach the most people.

I would suggest that posting on this forum is only going to hit about 50-70 people, not thousands.
portaplaya

Postby Playa Hater » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:39 am

I wish the actual rideshare let you type more than 100 charachters in the description. :(
Playa Hater

Postby portaplaya » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:44 am

Playa Hater wrote:I wish the actual rideshare let you type more than 100 charachters in the description. :(

The limit is 100 words, not characters. And there are two fields, so the actual limit is 200 words. So that is more like 1,000 characters.
portaplaya

Looking for a ride Wed, Aug 31 from SF or nearby (1 person)

Postby smartcookie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:56 am

I'm just one person. Need to leave for Burning Man on Wed, Aug 29 from anywhere in SF Bay Area. I'm meeting my friends there. Can split gas costs.

Thanks!
smartcookie

Postby Playa Hater » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:42 am

Excellent. I am a tard and didn't read correctly. Thanks. ;)
Playa Hater

Postby DestinySummons » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:42 pm

My two companions and I have space for 1 from San Fransisco. We'll be leaving SF early Saturday the 28th and staying in Reno for the night then heading out in the morning. No need to help pay for hotel just gas monies
DestinySummons

Postby beetlejuice » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Hello, responsible 20 y/o gal looking for a ride back from the burn, I'm in SF and have minimal stuff (bed/tent roll, teeny cooler, duffel and water jugs,). Can contribute to gas/snacks/labor, whatever's needed. I'm with Lamplighters and I have to be back for work the morning of the 6th and would like to see the temple burn, so leaving right after or early morning the 5th would be ideal.
art_is_universal@yahoo.com
Keep in touch and smile!
Sonya
Last edited by beetlejuice on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beetlejuice

Postby jkisha » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Just a reminder, this is where you should be posting up your ride share info: http://rideshare.burningman.com

Chances of it getting seen are much greater than posting here.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby preburnkentucky » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Is there an active link on any page to the rideshare site ? I cant find one and when I go direct I cant find my ad to remove it.
Yes it is the 16th largest city in the United States!
preburnkentucky

Postby jkisha » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:02 pm

Ummmm....did you read the post immediately above yours??????? :twisted: :shock:

I also think this post might be relevant to you too! Some of you should read this
And this link, which is at the top of the page in the link in the post above with the mysterious title: Search Ride Share Listings
preburnkentucky wrote:Is there an active link on any page to the rideshare site ? I cant find one and when I go direct I cant find my ad to remove it.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby shitbunny » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Need an early ride out on Sept 3. Need to be in Reno to catch a flight by noon. Anyone headed out that day? That time? That way?
shitbunny

Looking for a ride for 2 people from Spokane

Postby Martin001 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi,

I've practically got my vacation days locked in and nothing is going to keep me from BM, not even the lack of transportation! :twisted:

My friend and I are trying to catch a lift from Spokane, WA to BM and back. We can leave as early as the Friday before BM (in the afternoon) but we have to be back in Spokane to get back to work by the Wednesday after BM for work(I tried to tell bosses to give me extra time because I may be out of sorts still on Thursday but they wouldn't listen).

We expect to share on the fuel cost and would both be happy to take turns at the wheel. Auto/Stick/Trailer, we got it down. We don't anticipate having much stuff. Maybe a few bags, couple coolers, couple bikes, shade structure and a dust fence.

Hit me up via eplaya or just email me - martinberan1 at gmail.

Cheers!
Martin Beran
if you have not done it how can you really know that you will not like it?
Martin001

Re: Ride from Canada

Postby Orlesko » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:47 pm

Zodiac wrote:Hey all, My husband and I are going home for the 6th consecutive year. We have a bus conversion that we drive down and while we usually have a few people tag along this year it appears to be just us. We are driving from south of Calgary Alberta through Montana, Idaho etc to Nevada. We can pick up anyone along the way we just want to split gas. Discounts offered if you can drive a standard bus. We're 26 and love to meet new people. You can camp with us or not, whatever.

HUGE interest. Check your Private message or you can email me -> orlesko@gmail.com

:D
Orlesko

Postby erin_elise » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Hello! I am looking for a ride from Reno airport on Sunday the 28th in the afternoon to BRC! Would LOVE to stop for water on the way! Will throw down for gas/provive snacks and riddles.. Hit me up at 908-723-2272 or email me at eef09@hampshire.edu if you could lend a hand!

and remember, the universe unfolds in a perfect manner...
erin_elise

Postby ygmir » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:21 pm

I'll be driving out on Mon. 8/22, back to Northern CA same day, then, back out 8/24.
I have two jump seats in my firetruck, which will be 8/24.
Not sure how much room on 8/22 for people, but maybe some room for "stuff"

both early mornings.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Lassen Forge » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:29 pm

I couldn't wheedle an EA before the 25th... you would think it's coming out of their pocket!

(It is... but it's all of $9 or something... )

I'm so sick of the being BS'd to... they play their people like a fish on a hook. I wonder if I skipped town for DPW if they'd have me?
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby zpublisher » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:50 am

Hello! We are driving a big ol' RV from LA up to Burning Man -- and we can haul you and your gear (a reasonable amount of gear!).

We plan to leave sometime on Saturday, Aug 27 or Sunday Aug 28 and then return before 5 pm on Tuesday, Sept 6.

We are asking for gas / expense share of $195 for the round trip to-and-from the Playa. If you just want to go one-way, please contribute $120.

This is for the ride to-and-from ... we are not able to offer accommodations inside the RV during the Burn.

Please let me know if you are interested and a bit about yourself!

Thanks

Marc
zpublisher@aol.com
zpublisher

Postby FaeTora » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:52 pm

I think I might need to try to post on the rideshare tomorrow. It honestly doesn't compute, i think i maybe too tired. that or I suck at technology.

Hmm.. maybe its both. LMAO.
We break to remind us how to mend.
FaeTora

Ride Available from Portland OR & pts south

Postby Spidey » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:07 pm

Hey, Folks,

Spidey here, up in the green, beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I'll be driving down to the playa from Portland and I have room in the car for one more person and modest amount of gear (the car is a compact). I'm looking for someone to help share the expenses (vehicle rental + gas). Depending upon the price of gas in late August, your share would be between $250 - $350.

My intention is to arrive in Gerlach early enough to fill up my water reserves and then get in the vehicle queue. I'm going to assume that they'll be letting people in on Sunday afternoon again this year (to ease congestion) so I plan to time my arrival for about then. So I'll be leaving Portland mid-day on Saturday and driving overnight, with a stop for a nap and a shower. I plan to leave on Monday, late afternoon, again driving overnight and arriving back in Portland sometime on Tuesday, Sep 6.

I'll be taking I-5 from Portland down to Eugene, then over to Klamath Falls and into the desert. If you live along that route and need a ride, let me know. I'm willing to prorate the contribution for gas based on where you are picked up/dropped off.

Hope this will help a fellow NW Burner to achieve his playa dreams.

Hey, driving to the playa is truly a Rite of *Passage!* :-)

Cheers,
Spidey
Spidey

Postby Jax Dee » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 pm

I have posted on the ride share site but also wanted to mention here that I am still looking for a ride share. I am looking to give a ride from the east coast (washington dc/baltimore area) to burning man. After the burn I am headed to Fresno, Ca to stay at my grans for a day and wash up/decompress. Then drive back home to the east coast. I want $600 for gas up front. I don't mind whether you are a pro or a newbie. I even have space in my camp if you need a place. Dues are $20 if you want to join the camp. I am mildly disabled and will need to take my time and have help driving. I may also need help with lifting. I want no drama, no drugs, and a fun not rushed trip. PM me if you are interested.
May All Beings Be Well
May All Beings Be Happy
May All Beings Be Free From Suffering
-Buddhist Blessing
Jax Dee

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Postby OneCD_Soundsystem » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Motley crew of well meaning but slightly naive Irish folk attempting an ambitious road trip from New York to Black Rock City on an old but newly acquired school bus.

We are hoping to pick up anyone who should like to join us on route or even off route should you be particularly endearing (that said we have no route in mind yet, suggestions are welcome). The bus should hold 20 and we are currently 6. All we ask is you chip in for fuel on route, and take the wheel from time to time if your so inclined.

We will be leaving New York on the 20th of August and not returning. On a tangential note, should you know anyone in the San Francisco area hoping to buy an old school bus in questionable condition around the 9th of September, let us know.

Smoking and tomfoolery is encouraged. Good sense of direction is a definite plus.

Let's be having ye!
OneCD_Soundsystem

Postby waterpistol » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:53 am

[quote="OneCD_Soundsystem"]Motley crew of well meaning but slightly naive Irish folk attempting an ambitious road trip from New York to Black Rock City on an old but newly acquired school bus.

We are hoping to pick up anyone who should like to join us on route or even off route should you be particularly endearing (that said we have no route in mind yet, suggestions are welcome). The bus should hold 20 and we are currently 6. All we ask is you chip in for fuel on route, and take the wheel from time to time if your so inclined.

We will be leaving New York on the 20th of August and not returning. On a tangential note, should you know anyone in the San Francisco area hoping to buy an old school bus in questionable condition around the 9th of September, let us know.

Smoking and tomfoolery is encouraged. Good sense of direction is a definite plus.

Let's be having ye![/quote]

sounds good! i'm flying to san fran from NYC on the 22AUG, but don't need to be at the festival till the 30AUG; any time before then is cool. as for the return journey, ideally i'd like to be back in san fran around the 07SEP as my flight home is on the 08SEP. my story is i'm a yorkshireman, heading to my first festival via some exploring in new york first. i'm working as a volunteer firefighter at the burn which is what i do in the UK. i'm pretty relaxed and can also drive the bus for parts of the journey, let me know what you think! thanks, ben. :o)
waterpistol

Postby FaeTora » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:45 am

Ok. I have early admission and will be in Reno on Saturday at 10:40 a.m. I am flying in with all I need for the trip except water. my ride isn't going to be able to go this year after all, so I was wondering if anyone was going through Reno at that time?

Also is there anyone leaving late Sunday or very early Monday morning? My flight is at the Reno airport at 9 a.m.?

Thanks for your time,

FT
We break to remind us how to mend.
FaeTora

Postby mskitty63 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:34 am

FT.. I have an early pass also, and live in Reno. I will be leaving early sun am for the playa and wouldnt mind help with fuel. How much stuff do you have? I have a jeep but most of my stuff will be in my trailer
[color=#400080]Life, family, Mother Earth, the Playa are all treasured. Be kind to them all.[/color]
mskitty63

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Gypsy Witch Camp

Postby StephR713 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:53 pm

I am looking for a ride only from Reno to the Playa on Thursday Morning (SEP 1). No ride back is necessary and I am not looking to crash anyone's camp. I will pay for gas and only plan on hauling some beer and costumes.
StephR713

Postby Airheart » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:05 pm

My boyfriend and I are flying from Canada on the 26th... probably won't need to bring in bikes, so we will be packing light. We want to head there for Monday the 29th. Are happy to split gas! If you or someone you know can help us, AWESOME! That would be oh-so-fab. Ps. We are happy smiley people who have camping already arranged, and most definitely have tickets.

Thanks!
Laura
Airheart

Postby Malphemist » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:19 am

------ space has been filled, thanks! ------
Last edited by Malphemist on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Malphemist

PreviousNext

Return to 2011 Share Resources