Stages looking for artists

Stages looking for artists

Postby AntiM » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 am

If you have a venue and need performers, please post here!

Moderator note: I simply created the thread, I do not coordinate stages and artists, nor do I have contacts of any kind. I am not in charge of booking acts, in fact, that is all individually done by the sound venues, not by "Burning Man".

Welcome, and good luck.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby The Chinese » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:31 am

Transmorphagon will be back in it's 6th year, providing the Live music Stage, & Looking for Bands, Spoken word, Comedy, DJ's & general mayhem!

We have a 12x24' stage, a sizable Front of house PA, lighting, Visuals, and we also backline the stage with Drum, Bass Amps, Guitar amps etc. get in touch, we would love to have y'all come ROCK the stage....

As a special note - I am extra seekign METAL & Hard Rock Acts, as I want to put together a Metal & Rock night. Don't be shy, get out and ROCK!!!!!

Chino
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Postby Galaxo Magic » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:50 am

The Chinese wrote:Transmorphagon will be back in it's 6th year, providing the Live music Stage, & Looking for Bands, Spoken word, Comedy, DJ's & general mayhem!

We have a 12x24' stage, a sizable Front of house PA, lighting, Visuals, and we also backline the stage with Drum, Bass Amps, Guitar amps etc. get in touch, we would love to have y'all come ROCK the stage....

As a special note - I am extra seekign METAL & Hard Rock Acts, as I want to put together a Metal & Rock night. Don't be shy, get out and ROCK!!!!!

Chino

You guys bring it big time. Our 2009 Friday night gig on the Transmorphagon stage was a highlight for the ages! As always, we'll be stopping by to say hello, and with any luck at all we'll be sporting our giant pink elephant Mutant Vehicle, Beau Le'phant. Cya in a few months! ~ GravyBrain
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby The Chinese » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:12 am

Well Mr. Galaxo, I do Hope y'all will come & play a gig at the 'Gon. Maybe get you & Antioquia back 2 back? Then a little Wahderlust... mKaes for funky ass night!
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Postby Galaxo Magic » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:19 pm

The Chinese wrote:Well Mr. Galaxo, I do Hope y'all will come & play a gig at the 'Gon. Maybe get you & Antioquia back 2 back? Then a little Wahderlust... mKaes for funky ass night!

That could be a lot of fun. I know that Thursday night we already have plans, although everything is open to change. :)
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby wrymann » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:46 pm

I'm a musician in many projects and very interested in working out the details!
1. Live dubstep/rock hybrid band with a live drummer, 2 MCs, and a DJ/keyboardist
2. Acoustic guitar singer/songwriter
3. metal & rock frontman singer/screamer for several projects that may not get to BurningMan this year, but i'm open to collaborate with people
wrymann

Irish Musicians wanted for music seisiun

Postby Ludo » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:32 pm

The Dusty Swan Public Craic House and Celtic Cinema is looking for fiddlers, pipers, bohdranists, singers and dancers to join us for a music seisiun at our Irish Pub. We will host one or two seisiuns, depending upon interest. To get an idea of what great craic this can be, check out this video from last year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcYejsFFYBM&NR=1

Check out our website, www.TheDustySwan.com to keep up with our schedule, sign the guestbook, or send a comment. You can also contact us directly at TheDustySwan@verizon.net.

Slainte!

Ludo
Ludo

Mountain Mayhem Back for a second year

Postby Father_Burn » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Mountain Mayhem will be back this year and have been placed on the esplinade to bring all types of entertainment. This year we will have a killer (even better than last year) sound system, 36' diameter Dome, stage, acrobats and everything. Some backline will be available. Email burningmandurango<at>gmail.com for more information. EDIT -> <We have plenty of DJ's at this time, and have a waiting list that is forrever long of sick acts...Sorry! > We are contimplating bringing in some VJ's. Drop us a line if you are an interested VJ. Check out http://mountainmayhem.org for more info.

Papa Bear~
Last edited by Father_Burn on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Bear
Mountain Mayhem
2010-9&A, 2011-2:30&Esplinade, 2012 - 9&A
Father_Burn

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Mountain Mayhem

Tits Tassels & Tallywackers: A variety show

Postby Marzipan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:59 pm

What could be better for 2011 on playa then an evening of Burlesquey & Vaudeville? Shut your mouth. Nothing. Sooo... this group is an effort to gather interested performers, fans and pastie aficionados in anticipation.

We are seeking:
* Jugglers * Burlesquers * Drag performers * Animal impersonators * Fire performers (but you had better be damn good) * Contortionists * Sword swallowers * Bearded ladies * Dirty story tellers * Opera singers* Yodelers* Marching bands * Freaks* Any variety of comic relief ..... its a variety show.... almost anything goes.... Also, if you have a stand alone strip pole and want to strip, hooray!

Location: 3-C... a stage is being built... Red velvet curtain is in progress...

WHEN: Wednesday evening.

A full bar will be available for everyone 21 years old +, free hugs, high fives, burn barrels to warm by, porta-potties right next door. Come play!

Interested parties please e-mail me, Marzipan (burlesquer) at:
moyroni@gmail.com

On facebook join our group if you would like to perform: Burlesquey & Vaudeville: Tits & treats on playa
https://www.facebook.com/editgroup.php?gid=124640597607323&sk=mem%20bers#!/home.php?sk=group_124640597607323&ap=1
Fire it up!
Marzipan

Postby attilio » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:13 pm

[quote="The Chinese"]
We have a 12x24' stage, a sizable Front of house PA, lighting, Visuals, and we also backline the stage with Drum, Bass Amps, Guitar amps etc. get in touch, we would love to have y'all come ROCK the stage....[/quote]

Whereabouts will this be?
I <3 metal.
attilio

Mystikal Misfits looking for live acts 3-5pm

Postby Not Here » Wed May 04, 2011 11:39 am

Attention circuit benders, beatboxers, live loopers, gas can banjoists, weirdo musicians, greasy-ass rockabilly punks, metalheads, bluegrassers, et al...Mystikal Misfits (hopefully back at 4:30 and B again) are looking for a diverse lineup of uptempo live acts to elevate the mood during our happy hours!

Love to have you for a 30-45 minute set during one of our happy hours, which will be from 3-5pm Monday thru Saturday, but we may have performances at other times too. We've got a house PA with mics and a drum set.

Hit me up with links that showcase your awesomeness here or at nothere@sonothere.com and we'll figure it all out.

- Not Here
Not Here
Not Here

HOTD: Hair of the Dog Lounge

Postby mark_sf » Fri May 13, 2011 3:05 pm

Hair of the Dog is a full service bar and live music venue.

We provide a raised stage with full PA, backline and lights. We host all live acts: bands, solo musicians, variety, poetry slam, fashion show, you name it, we'll host it.

Sorry, we generally do not host DJs.

Drop-ins welcome; we have Open Mic daily.
HOTD Stage Manager
2007: 6:30 & Coral Reef
2008: 6:30 & Dart
2009: 6:00 & DNA
2010: 8:00 & Edinburgh
mark_sf

Postby tetrisstage » Mon May 23, 2011 11:33 am

Aloha fellow burners.

This year the Tetris camp will have big stage right on the playa
with lots of room for interesting acts, poles for dancers and
a great LED light show, all topped off with 2 giant wings on
either side of the stage.

We have lots of amazing things planned already with great DJ's
and Visual's on our huge screen.

If you have something truly amazing, freaky fun or mind blowing stuff to share/perform, post some info or video for us to consider, we still have some open spots.

We would need to know what the act is and what technical
requirements, within reason, are needed.

Please provide all necessary contact info
or better yet... in the 2011 Art & Performance forum under TETRIS STAGE BURNINGMAN 2011... please post your stuff in that topic.

Jody Taylor
Tetris Camp - Stage Coordinator
tetrisstage

Band Looking For Stages

Postby Medium Troy » Mon May 30, 2011 5:41 pm

I previously posted here as a band looking for a stage and then realized there was another thread for that but I am too stupid to figure out how to erase this cross post fully. sorry mod!
Medium Troy

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon May 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Don't worry, Troy. You cannot delete posts here. (...blah, blah, history, blah...) and you can only edit for an hour or so after you post, and we know it. It's good to get an acknowledgment that you made a mistake. We can be a snarky bunch, so it's probably saving you some grief as well.

But most of us understand, at least a little.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby tetrisstage » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:18 am

The Tetris stage is still looking for artists....
visit out topic or PM me! Mahalo
tetrisstage

MONTICELLO LOOKING FOR LIVE ACTS!

Postby Merlonius » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Good day fine denizens!

Monticello is back again and looking for the most talented live musicians on the playa. Our Esplanade stage in our 32' dome provides an intimate venue for those seeking refuge from the relentless THUD-THUD-THUD mediocrity of the playa. From Afro-funk to Indian rajas to classical music, we've had it all, and are looking to do it again this year.

Please email me at aaronius@gmail.com for booking and check out http://www.facebook.com/powderedwigs

Cheers,

Guv'nor
Merlonius

Nautilus X Wants You! ..........Ping........Ping.........

Postby CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:11 am

Fair maidens and foul mateys it's time to raise our playa cups in the air - the Nautilus X is ascending from the depths to begin her voyage back to our desert paradise.

Through deep and murky waters has she traversed, through sludge and filth have her fins dipped, through strong currents and stormy seas she will be propelled into our sun scorched dusty playen sea.

This year marks the Nautilus's 8th voyage home. For such a dangerously ravishing, lethally seductive number we are seeking talented musicians and performers to make this epic journey with us.

We crave all varieties of talent from bands, & dj's, to magicians & performance artists. If you're flashily essence will add to the magic and enlightenment of this great voyage. WE WANT YOU.

Our Warp Core is an intimate stage. It's the round area in the accordion center section of our submarine. Whether it be rough playa seas, the lashings of a dust storm, or a bass attack from some filthy pirates, the core remains calm as the Nautilus scours the depths, rising to tour the art of the deep playa and beyond.

We operate with two sets each night; 10pm to 2am & 2am to Sunrise

Peaks your interest? Tickles your fancy? Contact us at

NautilusXSound@gmail.com

Bon Voyage ye scalawags!
Last edited by CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX

Ok, I posted my Portable Piano stage on the wrong thread.

Postby timmymusic » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:35 am

It ought to have been on this one, but I mentioned I am a multi-instrumentalist on that one, so it was somewhat germane to the that topic.
This is the one I ought to be mentioning a small portable stage I am bringing with a small spinnet piano. The stage might just be hovering around Center Camp, or, make forays out into the city and open playa. Probably a little of both. Trying to get more pianos there too, but that depends on... ok, now I'm sorta crossposting, dammit. Someone give me 40 lashes with a wet noodle.

Oh, and Otic Oasis is also where there might be a piano, a strictly acoustic installation in the Walk-In camping area.
Support The Piano Liberation Project!
timmymusic

Re: Stages looking for artists

Postby MegsLegs » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:24 am

The Lost Penguin Cafe call for performances!

Hi! The little Lost Penguins typically perch on Esplanade, *edit again! we've been moved to 4:00 and Engagement!* with our little cafe offering the finest in wine and chocolate to desert wanderers. We are looking for entertainment to fill our slice of the antarctic with fun and cheer.

Our setup is more coffeehouse than club- a stage area great for a floor show, a PA to plug into, drums, all the things a bird can't carry cross the desert. Book a 1-2 hour set or take part in one of our open mics or the Lunacy Cabaret! We love having live music. We're not really set up for DJ's- but if you have a laptop that can just plug in we love to hear some chill, downtempo or groovy house on our little berg.

Short format acts can take part in the following:

DEATH ROW FLOOR SHOW (Monday, Wednesday, Friday 4:30pm)
Jailbird Honeybun hosts this open stage where one unlucky inmate faces execution for a crime most reprehensible. Perform music, comedy, burlesque, whatever. Every encore counts when you're waiting for the governor's call.

LUNACY CABARET (Friday 10:30 pm)
The second coming to BRC of Toronto's wild, no-holds-barred comedy/circus extravaganza! Do something weird? We'll make it work! We can accomodate everything that doesn't require a rig, so clowns, jugglers, contortionists, singers, characters, comedians, assholes and nuts- this is your stage

BURN DAY BLUES JAM (Saturday 4- 6ish)
Bring your blues to the penguin stage on Saturday afternoon for a casual jam. Want to play as a band? let me know!

To book a slot on the schedule, in the Cabaret or the Floor Shows send me a message here! Or if you don't have your shit together yet, just come see me at the Penguins- I'll be in the cafe Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 430pm-6ish

Cheers,
Mighty Meg
Last edited by MegsLegs on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
MegsLegs

BURNTOWN needs YOU!

Postby redbone » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:28 pm

you know us, you LOVE us... Burntown is back baby! We will have our lil' DJ booth on the playa and welcome ALL who are down for dropping PHAT beats! We are located at 8:45 and Esplanade. If you are interested in playing Burntown, drop me an email (rojoboy@hotmail.com) and I will start to put a schedule together. We are not the biggest and we are not the baddest BUT we know how to do it right, we are BURNTOWN!

thanx,

-redBone
Last edited by redbone on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redbone

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: BURNTOWN

Champagne Lounge's Open Mic happy hour

Postby jojofroyo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Hey Everyone!

The Champagne Lounge will also have a live music/what ever stage! We are going to have a nice little stage it is 8'x8'ish! Our stage is gonna be in the front area of our camp, underneath our shade cloth/loungey area. So it should be nice and cool for you to play and carry on. We are normal in the centerish of town, so we cant full on blast music, you know those sound rules they have, but it will still be awesome and kinda loud? We just dont want to piss off our neighbors!
We went big this year and bought a new PA system! We've have 2 mics, a guitar, drum set, piano, tambourines, and we still need to get a bass guitar but we will have one! I promise!!

We want to hear you play anything and everything! So if we don't have what you play, feel free to bring it and plug it in! We're open to DJ coming and doin their thang, but we don't any DJ stuff so it would be a bring your own stuff kinda thing!

We are having our Champagne Happy hour and open mic time Monday through Saturday from Noon till 2PM. But if the jam are blowing our minds(which they probably will) we will probably end up going longer than just 2! We also plan on having random happy hours at random times any time of the day, but those are a little harder to pin down, but you are welcome then too!

We haven't found out about placement or anything yet! fingers crossed! But when we do Ill make sure to post it on here! feel free to check out our facebook page, we do update that all the time. http://www.facebook.com/champagnelounge

We're super stoked to be able to get all y'all age appropriate people super sloshy on Champagne and listen to some awesome music!

*** Oh ya, I forgot to say if you for sure wanna play and have a day in mind, drop us a line, so we can make sure the everything is ready to go for you! oh and our camp's email is champagneloungebrc@gmail.com
jojofroyo

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Champagne Loumge

Mystikal Misfits seeking bands and oddball performances

Postby Not Here » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:32 am

Attention circuit benders, beatboxers, live loopers, gas can banjoists, weirdo musicians, greasy-ass rockabilly punks, puppeteers, metalheads, bluegrassers, et al...Mystikal Misfits (hopefully back at 4:30 and B again) are looking for a diverse lineup of uptempo live acts to elevate the mood during our happy hours!

Love to have you for a 30-45 minute set during one of our happy hours, which will be from 3-5pm Monday thru Saturday, but we may have performances at other times too. We've got a house PA with mics and a drum set.

Hit me up with links that showcase your awesomeness here or at nothere@sonothere.com and we'll figure it all out.

- Not Here
Not Here
Not Here

Postby The Chinese » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:55 am

YO!!!! Transmorphagon is looking for Some Funk/Soul/Deep Groove type bands to play some earlier sets in teh evenings on Playa, Thursday and Friday Night.

we're also open to some afternoon stuff, weather permitting. But really lookign to program some good stuff for that sunset time, and the couple hours before/After.

Hit me up via PM...

Chino
The Chinese

Opulent Temple - Visual Artists

Postby vapor » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:41 pm

Hello everyone, Opulent Temple is looking for VJs to perform with us at Burning Man 2011. Opulent Temple is one of the largest sound camps on the playa and we have a great visual set up, with 2 large 14' screens, a new dedicated VJ booth, hi-rez VGA projectors, an awesome sound system and a great line-up of DJs. We mix from sunset to sunrise from Monday through Saturday night and are looking for experienced VJs to help us blow out the visuals in grand style.

Please send me a PM if you're interested,
Jeff
vapor

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Opulent Temple

Another fine venue for Irish Musicians!

Postby Ludo » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Greetings,

The Dusty Swan Public Craic House and Celtic Cinema has been placed at 4:30 and D, and we will be hosting outr Irish Music Seisiun on Wednesday at 2:00. We hope you will bring your fiddles, pipes, and bodhrans for an afternoon of music, beer, whiskey, and good craic!

Also, Tus Nua, a camp of 50 lads and lasses straight from the Elerald Isle herself, will be hosting an Irish wake at 3:00 and B. The viewing will go on all week, with the dear departed sent to his reward on Friday evening. They, too, are looking for musicians to provide the atmosphere and share in this solemn reverie. Tus Nua and the Dusty Swan are joining forces to make this a send off to remember!

If ye've a mind to play, please contact me here or at The DustySwan@verizon.net. You can see videos of last year's seisiun at www.TheDustySwan.com.

Slainte!

Ludo
Ludo

Ambrosia, a brand new camp looking for DJ's and performers!

Postby TreeAliens » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:15 pm

Hello Strange Folk,

A new camp will manifest for the first time this year, called Ambrosia! Our camp is constructed of traditional tipi's inhabited by amazing individuals traveling from the east and west coasts of this continent. We will be located at 7:30 and D. And, we would love for you to vibrate the air around us with brilliant music!

We will have massage tables and a sound healing type of area set up in a couple of the tipi's, so if you play didgeridoo, singing bowls, throat singing, sitar, or even live ambient/drone electronic music we would love to conduct some sound healing rituals!

Also, we have a lounge area with a killer PA system and several projector screens featuring live VJing, video feedback and other media regurgitation activities! We would love to have some DJ's spin! We'd be looking for any genres of DJing, preferably DJ's who can blend multiple genres, preferably as strange and novel as possible ! :) We could also have live acts perform in the lounge, although we don't have drums or a large stage so we probably wouldn't be able to host live rock band type of acts.

Anyways, anyone interested please hit me up at sigmundfloyd25@gmail.com ! Don't hesitate, we are very open minded folks!
TreeAliens

Postby shmandreac » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:09 pm

Hello! I'm a singer/piano player looking for stages! I have an MM in music and I am a pro!!

I'd love to perform at your stage, even several times.

I'm also sadly in need of a ticket. If anyone out there can help me out, I'd love to perform for you. I have been a part of accaplaya in the past. Please let me know what you can do.
-Shmandrea
shmandreac

Marching Band or Similar Wandering Musicians Needed

Postby digitaljami » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:19 pm

Looking for the following for a short one-off day event on-playa:

A marching band or other similar touring group of musicians or minstrels who can play and do not need speakers/amplification. We'd love to have some combination of horn instruments, maybe a sax, and a drum or 2. Or something similar. Guitars and accordians could work, even guitars. But we'd love it to be a group small or large. Honestly we're pretty easy on this.

This is for a short (10-15 minute) event 1-day on playa that will be located near the 9 & F spoke. I can send you exact details. If you may be interested, please email me at jami674@gmail.com.

This will be a really fun, unique event which is why I'm not posting exact specifics - As it will be a surprise to most of our camp. (We are a camp celebrating our 14th year on playa.)

Thank you so much!

Jami
digitaljami

Next

Return to 2011 Art & Performance