Whats your fantasy, Sex on the playa

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Postby Fat SAM » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:24 pm

Apparently the people that you spoke to in the park should have familiarized themselves with the Bible better before they set up their fun street quiz. It's well meaning but misled Christians like that who eventually helped me to decide that I didn't believe in God. Like you, I decided that I wouldn't be happy with anything unless it was after the same sort of rigorous intellectual study and moral searching that you talked about.

One day after an exhaustive and seemingly fruitles debate with yet another Christian, the question was posed to me, well, since you've spent so much time reading the Q'Ran, Tao Te Ching, Analects, and the Life and Teachings of Buddha and all of these other books, how come you haven't actually read the Bible?

As a fair debater, I couldn't answer that I had, because truly I had only cracked it and looked at the stuff that everyone knows about. The Apple, Revelations, Ten Commandments...Stuff like that. So the person challenged me. Why don't you read it, Mr. Openminded searcher? So I did.

And then I became a Christian.

This was not what I had anticipated.

It's a challenge I extend to all who can answer honestly that they haven't read it.

And of course I'll accept you with a bullet around your neck. Or with bunny ears or a bright red bull's eye on your butt. Jesus said that the culmination of everything written in the Old Testament was love. I believe He died for me before I ever accepted him. The least I can do is accept others for who they are, 'cause I probably am not willing to die for strangers.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Postby Fat SAM » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:35 pm

And Stuart, my favorite answer to your four favorite words is that God had free will in mind. Without the existence of evil, there would be no choice.

Like I said, though, I have a background riddled with extensive studies in other religions and beliefs. I think that the idea of Yin and Yang is spot on but I think it's because God created a mathmatical universe that exists as an equation. I also believe that Math is the creative language of God.

At the front and top of my beliefs is God Jehovah. I believe (and can explain - this is going to be my Phil. Masters thesis topic, I think) that all religions and religious leaders previous to Christianity pointed to the existence of the coming Christ.

CS Lewis wrote a book called "The Problem of Pain" that you might enjoy reading. He was a fantastic and very effective Christian apologist.
Fat SAM

Postby stuart » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:38 pm

Jesus said that the culmination of everything written in the Old Testament was love.

I gotta tell ya, He did not read the same old testament that I did. Certainly this is not what I got out of extensive readings in my 'themes of the Pentateuch' class.
stuart

Postby Rian Jackson » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:38 pm

stuart wrote:the problem of evil

my favorite four words when confronted with just such a situation

that was one of my devil's advocate arguments with them:
if god is all powerful, and all loving, how can there be evil? general answer: free will.

but anyone who can stop this world's suffering and won't is a fucking sadist, straight up. then you can answer with how god is unfathomable by us which proves my initial point, so therefore ya can't say who god is or isn't.

BTW i have read most of the Bible, and once had a very real faith. My reasons for leaving it are not of ignorance nor because there was never any substance. So all the usual conversion tactics just don't work.

amen.
surlier than thou
Rian Jackson

Postby Fat SAM » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:42 pm

The Pentateuch does not comprise the entirety of the Old Testament. Certainly, a lot of bad stuff happens in the first five books, crazy stuff and stuff that seems unbalanced, but it pans out nicely in the end.
Fat SAM

Postby Fat SAM » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:46 pm

Another thing that a lot of Christians forget is that it's not our job to argue or convert. Only to share our experiences. The Bible says God will do the rest.
Fat SAM

Postby blyslv » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:50 pm

God is in everyone one of us. The best thing we can do is shut up and listen.

My playa fantasy? For a really hot person to put their hand under my dress and savagely ravish me as we go rolling merrily along.

Well c'mon, it's a fantasy right!!!
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby Rian Jackson » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:13 pm

Fat SAM wrote:Another thing that a lot of Christians forget is that it's not our job to argue or convert. Only to share our experiences. The Bible says God will do the rest.

I appreciate this. I've been on both sides of it before - both 'sharing' and 'being shared with'. The only thing i can really say about it is that there's a fine line betwen preaching and sharing. Usually that line depends on your audience, too... for me, i can usually only see it as sharing if i know the person who is sharing with me well or if everyone is talking about their spiritual lives. Maybe because i know that evangelical christians have been told to go forth into the world and 'share' and in sharing create disciples. I'm not knocking it or knocking you - i *swear to god* - just explaining that knowing the evangelical background it's really hard not to read more into it.

The hardest part for me as a Recovering Christian is that most evangelical christians see non-christians as having something about them that should change. It's usually for *our own good* but the fact remains that we are seen as broken, not whole, apart from god, essentially not good enough. Then you have people evangelising to make us aaaallll better. But i don't enjoy being looked down on that way. If my rather Taoist way works for me, and your Christian way works for you, that should be fine. But it never *really* is. Especially because Jesus, in all of that New Testament stuff, said that you're supposed to share his love/message/etc with all of the world. That's probably why i don't contact a lot of that community anymore.

On another note, back in March i wanted more than anything else for there to be a god. I wanted so desperately to believe that in reality, the innocent friends of mine who were murdered would go to a martyr's paradise, and that the people who killed them would be judged and sent to hell. I don't think it's happening. But it would have been really comforting for there to be that sort of order to the world.

I'd rather worry about whether someone has food than whether they are praying to the right diety. But that's just my strange way of it. We're all rooted in a culture, or several. We all have some spiritual experience. Who's to say whose is right, and who's is wrong?

Sounds like cultural imperialism for me.

Going back to studying manichaenism & zoroastrianism now....
surlier than thou
Rian Jackson

???

Postby Rage » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:14 pm

Stu-

Clarify what you mean...you get kinda cryptic sometimes. Sometimes I read your replies and wonder if you are in the same thread.
"I was dreamin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if it goes astray..." - Prince
Rage

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:10 pm

Hey if people are going to Thread drift then can I point you to the "Gods Thread"

A Messianic god is a god of slaves. You....Continued in "Gods"

My fastasy is walking onto center camp and everyone is naked and (&^%&)!

Then I usually wake up and head to the bar.

A II Z
Apollonaris Zeus

Re: Whats your fantasy, Sex on the playa

Postby buckethead alien » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:27 pm

Wildeone wrote:Just thought i would stir up some sexual healing and find out what was your most wildest sex on the playa..... Creative sex, multiples, or your desires.....fantasies....Give us your dirties and details.... <B>don't forget to add details</B>

This is great: Wildone started this thread as a beat-off accessory. (Emphasis mine.) Now look what you've done to his steaming weenie. No wonder he's gone underground on yah.
Buckethead, Buckethead you are like an Alien
Buckethead, Buckethead your head is like a dish
Buckethead, Buckethead sometimes you wear the Maybelline
Buckethead, Buckethead sometimes you're full of fish
buckethead alien

Postby Rage » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:42 am

They say that the worst thing about being an atheist is having no one to talk to when you cum.
Rage

Re: ...

Postby buckethead alien » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:24 am

DJ Mic Rage wrote:They say that the worst thing about being an atheist is having no one to talk to when you cum.

Yo, DJ Mic Rage!

That's freakin funny. Never heard that one before. Weehoo. Shout out to a fellow Long Islander. Yo.
Buckethead, Buckethead you are like an Alien
Buckethead, Buckethead your head is like a dish
Buckethead, Buckethead sometimes you wear the Maybelline
Buckethead, Buckethead sometimes you're full of fish
buckethead alien

Postby Lark » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:34 am

Can't say I ever expected this to turn into something worth reading. Here's to thread drift!
Lark

Postby stuart » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:10 pm

And Stuart, my favorite answer to your four favorite words is that God had free will in mind. Without the existence of evil, there would be no choice.

this also to mic as a point of clarity

problem of evil

Christianity assunmes a triple 'o' god

Omnibenevolent
Omniscient
Omnipotent

If god is triple 'o' then
god does not want there to be suffering
god knows there is suffering
god has the ability to end suffering
There is suffereing in the world

so, the problem of evil is a strong challenge to a christian god

a common rebut to that arguement is the case of free will
a retort to that argument is simple
if god is omnipotent and omniscient it would have the knowledge and the ability to develop a system in which there is no suffering (or certainly a hell of a lot less than there is ) and in which free will also exists. Any rebut to this must either contain the 'you can't know the mind of god' clause or allow for the existance of a god who is not triple 'o' wich under close scrutiniy the bible makes a pretty strong case for.

In the end it is a matter of faith and not logic and as such it is usually the evangelicals folly to try and convert the rest of us. Rationality will not win one over to christianity (although pascal gave it a pretty good go).
stuart

Excellent...

Postby Rage » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:03 pm

Excellent...

but I think that the Bible does not really represent God as omnibenevolent.

I sense God to be that way and can only assume that suffering holds some purpose that we can't fathom.
Rage

Postby Fat SAM » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:12 pm

Didn't mean to cause thread drift. In fact, I even made an effort to get the thread back on track. So nyah.
Fat SAM

Postby Rage » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:20 am

Don't worry... the thread has a life of it's own. It's procreating...lol.
Rage

Postby Tancorix » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:09 am

Thread drift? On the eplaya? You've got to be kidding me! The eplaya never experiences thread drift.

So where's the Dodge Neon enthusiasts camp going to be this year?
Tancorix

Postby BAS » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:11 pm

So where's the Dodge Neon enthusiasts camp going to be this year?

Didn't Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle have it located in one on the middle circles of Hell in their version of Inferno?
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

Postby Sock » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:43 pm

I have a foot fetish.
Sock

Postby Gothalot » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:09 pm

Try the Sock puppet Camp you will have the orgy of a lifetime!
Gothalot

Postby Lothos » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:21 pm

well it involves a jar of vasaline,a fish costume and booze with no questions asked.Lothos
Lothos

my playa fantasy

Postby orangepeelmoses » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:53 am

in the middle of DJ Lorin's set,
on a nearby trampoline with a french belly dancer?

opm
orangepeelmoses

Postby mackistan » Fri May 13, 2011 4:32 pm

are you talking about people having sex? because that may be funny if you said it was people and then you had pictures of animals doing it.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/1t9IWbR2fhQ[/youtube]
art is not a statement. it is a lie. art is one. art.
mackistan

Postby ygmir » Fri May 13, 2011 4:45 pm

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri May 13, 2011 4:59 pm

ygmir wrote:Image

Dammit Bill I thought I was going to get some useful information here!
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby Trishntek » Fri May 13, 2011 5:07 pm

We all know Mr. Peabody knows EVERYTHING! There is no better source of information!

So,,,, MyDearFriend,,,,,, your playa sexual fantasy is?????
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri May 13, 2011 5:28 pm

TnT my dear I have been instructed repeatedly to have "no expectations, " and, maybe it's just me but I read that as "no demands."

So, I think I will keep my fantasy to myself, and just, you know, think about it.

You, obviously, are faced with no such restrictions...
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby Trishntek » Fri May 13, 2011 6:03 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:TnT my dear I have been instructed repeatedly to have "no expectations, " and, maybe it's just me but I read that as "no demands."

So, I think I will keep my fantasy to myself, and just, you know, think about it.

You, obviously, are faced with no such restrictions...

but But BUT ! ! !

You bumped this ancient thread!

*Lookin' down,,,, drawing circles in the dust with my toe,,,, little gold sparkles in my black toenail polish shining bright*

SIGHHHHHHHHH

No expections does NOT EQUAL no fantasies,,,,, mumble mumble mumble,,,,

HONESTLY???? The T.O.S. does not allow me either the space or latitude to express my sexual endeavo,,,,,, errrr fantasies. For the playa in general,,,, and Retrofrolic in particular,,,, if someone wanted to suck me instead of Superman,,,, or with Superman,,,, or,,,,, phewwwww my mind runs wild
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences at Burning Man