Getting in as a crew member?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Getting in as a crew member?

Postby m0nkeybl1tz » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:56 pm

This is my first year going, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. Anyways, I got a crew ticket from working on a large installation, but I'm planning on camping with a bunch of my friends, so I probably won't come with the rest of the crew. Will this be a problem? Do I need to have them put me on some sort of list? Anyways, thanks for the help, and I look forward to seeing you all there!
m0nkeybl1tz

Re: Getting in as a crew member?

Postby jkisha » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:10 pm

A ticket is a ticket, as far as I know. I wouldn't think you would have a problem getting in no matter who you enter with.

Assuming you are speaking of a "ticket" and not an "early entry pass".
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:37 pm

jkisha wrote:Assuming you are speaking of a "ticket" and not an "early entry pass".

Why would it matter which one? Either way you're golden..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby jkisha » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:40 pm

You need an early arrival pass AND a ticket to get in early. Other than the fact that he got a free ticket for working on a crew, it doesn't, to my knowledge, bestow early entry.

junglesmacks wrote:
jkisha wrote:Assuming you are speaking of a "ticket" and not an "early entry pass".

Why would it matter which one? Either way you're golden..
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Postby Savannah » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi m0nkeybl1tz

* Is the ticket currently in hand? Are you entering with everyone else (when Gates open)? If yes, you're fine as you are. Guard it with your life. :)

* Is it Will Call, singular, in your legal name? You need state I.D. and a confirmation number.

* Is it Will Call for multiple tickets? You will need state I.D., a confirmation number, and the assistance of the person whose name the tickets are in. This is a situation where entering with the person in charge of the tickets is actually helpful, although if they're sharp, it's not necessary.
From the Ticket FAQ: http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php#pickup

If you need to give your tickets to multiple people, we suggest you have the name changed to the person who is arriving first and it will be that person's responsibility to place the other ticket(s) under the other names. This can get messy so you need to be sure you can trust the person who is picking up the tickets first.

* Are you expecting early entry? In my experience, this requires a printout with a code. I would be very hesitant to travel early without a piece of paper allowing me early entry. Perhaps there are those who do just a list, but it's too early in my history of volunteerism to know.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby m0nkeybl1tz » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Wow, thanks for the great responses. Just to clarify a little, I do have physical tickets, but they say "Crew Tickets" on them. However, I'm not planning on going early, so it's sounding like I'm a-OK...
m0nkeybl1tz

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:01 pm

m0nkeybl1tz wrote:Wow, thanks for the great responses. Just to clarify a little, I do have physical tickets, but they say "Crew Tickets" on them. However, I'm not planning on going early, so it's sounding like I'm a-OK...

As long as the crew doesn't need you to arrive early for set-up. :)
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Lord Of Ruin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:22 pm

@Savannah

FYI...there is no "list" that exists. Everyone has a barcode that gets in early. Well, except for people that are there working doing setup for various departments prior to 8/15 or so, but then there are other methods to account for them. :-)

LoR
The fox provides for himself, but God provides for the lion - W. Blake (attribution corrected)
Lord Of Ruin

Burning Since: 2017

Postby jkisha » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:28 pm

Interesting. Is the "Crew Tickets" hand stamped on your ticket, or are they printed specially right off the press? Just curious, as I didn't think there were "special" tickets printed per se.

And for anyone that has thought they had a post disappear on the new board, this just happened to me with this post. There were a few others I thought I'd posted that weren't there the next time I looked, but until now just chocked that up to maybe posting in the wrong forum. :twisted: :evil:
m0nkeybl1tz wrote:Wow, thanks for the great responses. Just to clarify a little, I do have physical tickets, but they say "Crew Tickets" on them. However, I'm not planning on going early, so it's sounding like I'm a-OK...
JK
jkisha

Postby Savannah » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:49 am

Lord Of Ruin wrote:@Savannah

FYI...there is no "list" that exists. Everyone has a barcode that gets in early. Well, except for people that are there working doing setup for various departments prior to 8/15 or so, but then there are other methods to account for them. :-)

LoR

Yeah, I was pretty sure it was bar codes only, but I didn't wanna say if I didn't know for sure. :)
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Token » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:14 pm

jkisha wrote:Interesting. Is the "Crew Tickets" hand stamped on your ticket, or are they printed specially right off the press? Just curious, as I didn't think there were "special" tickets printed per se.

And for anyone that has thought they had a post disappear on the new board, this just happened to me with this post. There were a few others I thought I'd posted that weren't there the next time I looked, but until now just chocked that up to maybe posting in the wrong forum. :twisted: :evil:

Does your ticket say how much you paid for it? Thats where its printed.

Pretty clever of them.
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:24 pm

You think counterfeit?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Igneouss » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:23 am

Something in this story does not ring true.
'Crew tickets?'

I could be wrong but I thought that (other than price) all the tickets were the same.

Early entry is a seprate issue. Still need a ticket in addition to the bar coded printout for early entry. Those are distributed by the org to camp managers. Camp managers then distribute to campers
Basic b/e analysis:
2005 $243K
06 $855K
07 $1.0M
08 $1.1M
09 $0
10 $1.1M
11 $1.2M
12 $1.2M
That’s $6.8M that thousands of volunteers deserve to know about. Capitalism is alive at BM. Tickets are the commodity. Others have estimated higher profits.
Igneouss

Postby AntiM » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:03 am

I've seen "gift" printed on the ticket. And performer tickets have the lower price, and staff says "staff" (if I recall). I've not seen a "crew" ticket, but it doesn't mean they don't exist?? ASK THE TICKET PEOPLE.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Return to Shelter & Camping