Metalhead Burners Unite!

Re: Please! Please! Please!

Postby TomServo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:38 pm

A-RockLeFrench wrote:Last year was my first Burn, sure I knew to expect TONS of untz. But I was severely dissapointed by the lack of METAL. Even the fucking 'Death Guild' or thunderdome or whatever the fuck it was supposed to be was playing cheesey electro-rock or techno (WTF!) every time I passed by.

I searched that playa long and hard for some hard long nights of metal, much to my chagrin I found nothing. There was a punk band on a flatbed for the DPW parade, but that was about it.

Only ONCE did I hear an art car playing anything other than bass music, that was Hank III on burn night..

If there is anyone out there who will be doing anything remotely related to metal (theme camps, art cars, performances etc etc) I will show my full double fisted support.. I will camp and work at your camp, drive your art car, and bring dozens of animal skulls. That's right, real skulls. dozens of them. I live on a farm, we and our neighbors kill animals often (\m/ ><\m/). Goats, cows, sheep and pigs... I will supply piles of bones for your metal camp or car.

I want real metal. Death, grind, black, power, doom, drone and thrash. None of this Korn and rammstein nonsense.

BloodBath&Beyond isnt anything more than a Bloody Mary Bar, but we will be playing oldschool Punk and Metal. If you've anything to donate, we'd be glad....or pissed, depending on the time of day.
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby StickyChron » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Myself and 7-10 of my friends are caravaning to BM this year. We've been looking around for some promising theme camps, and while we're down for electronic shit, we're all fans of real music much more. The idea for this camp sounds awesome, we are offering up our services to the cause. I have about 60 GBs worth of metal/hardcore music, which I will be bringing. We're bringing a burn barrel or two, as well as a fuckton of rebar/tarps/rope/ect and materials for shelter. We will also be bringing lots of legal "alternative" party supplies. Chemicals that blow minds.

Hardcore/Punk/Thrash night would tickle my fancy. Play some Sabertooth Zombie, Mental, Anal Cunt, Void, California Love, Ceremony, Iron Age, ect. Have an old school hour of D.R.I., Suicidal Tendencies, Operation Ivy, and The Clash to mix things up.

I think Drone/Sludge/Ambient mornings would be badass, play shit like Russian Circles, Nadja, Sleep, Electric Wizard, Bongzilla, Sabbath, and Purple Mercy.

Grind night with some Insect Warfare, Converge, Birdflesh, In Disgust, ect.

Anyone who thinks korn and slipknot are metal obviously needs to break their radio and look for some real music. That stuff is garbage.
StickyChron

Postby hookahdude » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:03 pm

StickyChron wrote:We will also be bringing lots of "alternative" party supplies. Chemicals that blow minds.

People...
Really?
Forfuckssake...
Really?
Next time why don't you list what you are bringing so no theme camp would ever consider having you in it?

Oh, what am I saying! It would be impossible for the LEOs to do something so complicated as create a sock-puppet account on eplaya to look for shit like that... and then waltz over to an appropriate Them Camp therefore ass-fucking the theme camp organizers.

BRC is a city with 50k+ inhabitants - shit goes down - we get that - but this is like posting a sign with your address and an inventory of drugs at your house... and then wondering why the cops showed up and THEN bitching about it..

Think...
Just think...
Hookah Dude
"In war-time the word patriotism means suppression of truth” - Siegfried Sassoon
I AM AN ASSHAT!!!
(Shooting for 2012 with my better half!)
hookahdude

Postby StickyChron » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:08 pm

[quote="hookahdude"][quote="StickyChron"]We will also be bringing lots of "alternative" party supplies. Chemicals that blow minds.[/quote]

People...
Really?
Forfuckssake...
Really?
Next time why don't you list what you are bringing so no theme camp would ever consider having you in it?

Oh, what am I saying! It would be impossible for the LEOs to do something so complicated as create a sock-puppet account on eplaya to look for shit like that... and then waltz over to an appropriate Them Camp therefore ass-fucking the theme camp organizers.

BRC is a city with 50k+ inhabitants - shit goes down - we get that - but this is like posting a sign with your address and an inventory of drugs at your house... and then wondering why the cops showed up and THEN bitching about it..

Think...
Just think...[/quote]

For the record, any and all chemicals I was speaking of are legal in the US, and more particularly the state of Nevada. Nothing illegal here. Thanks for the concern though.

EDITS: And my original post is fixed.
StickyChron

Postby hookahdude » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:23 pm

StickyChron wrote:For the record, any and all chemicals I was speaking of are legal in the US, and more particularly the state of Nevada. Nothing illegal here. Thanks for the concern though.

Thanks man - you just made yourselves about 1000% more marketable!

I'd pull my previous post, but the time bandits won't let me...

Have a good time on playa and swing by to puff on some mint and chocolate shisha at the Hookah Doom in Apokiliptika.
Hookah Dude
"In war-time the word patriotism means suppression of truth” - Siegfried Sassoon
I AM AN ASSHAT!!!
(Shooting for 2012 with my better half!)
hookahdude

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 06, 2011 8:08 pm

At first, I thought that this thread had nothing to do with me, except for my idiosyncratic enthusiasm for Finntroll. And the fact that I like Rammstein just confirmed that.

Then, I remembered...

...Spinal Tap...and...

...Slade and other glitter rock that was ground breaking.

I even like a Twisted Sister song.

But I'm still just a wierdo with an "eclectic" taste in music and I don't like my music too loud.

But I should just remember that I'm not all that separate from other human(oids).
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby TomServo » Thu May 12, 2011 11:39 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:At first, I thought that this thread had nothing to do with me, except for my idiosyncratic enthusiasm for Finntroll. And the fact that I like Rammstein just confirmed that.

Then, I remembered...

...Spinal Tap...and...

...Slade and other glitter rock that was ground breaking.

I even like a Twisted Sister song.

But I'm still just a wierdo with an "eclectic" taste in music and I don't like my music too loud.

But I should just remember that I'm not all that separate from other human(oids).

Rammstein? meh! Spinal Tap would be awesome! And Twisted Sister...while they have only two songs I like...at least Dee Snyder stood up to Tipper Gore and her cunt brigade. Just no Rammstein!..it isn't METAL! IMHO!
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby C.f.M. » Fri May 13, 2011 6:44 am

Rammstein isn't metal. Poison is the BEST METAL band of ALL TIME.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeZlih4DDNg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 13, 2011 10:12 am

Just to clarify. My like for Rammstein as an industrial band, confirmed that I did not like metal, and Finntroll was anomalous.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby The Chinese » Fri May 13, 2011 10:18 am

Yo. I'm throwing this back in there.

Transmorphagon will host METAL bands. Bring it. we are ALL metalheads in our youths.

and I got a sound system that will keep up.

Huh. \m/
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Postby C187 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:06 pm

This might be the last year for metal at bm..

exhibit a:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr3I54p2qhE[/youtube]
"Get Up" - Korn w/Skrillex

Not that Korn is/was metal, but the dubstep nodes in this brew don't really help matters.

@The Chinese
Hurray! Someone is going to host metal music!

Edit: fixed the youtube link
C187

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Stag Camp 8.0

Re: Metalhead Burners Unite!

Postby OogaBooga » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:26 pm

So... is this shit going to happen?

IT HAS TO HAPPEN!!!!!! :evil:
...still picking playa boogerz out of my nose.
OogaBooga

Postby The Chinese » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:04 pm

You guys are a bunch of Fucking Pussies. I never heard from ANYONE about playing some METAL. Guess I'll have to stick to Dark Alternative, Hip Hop, Soul, And Funk....and Electro Breaks DJ's.

Damn. Thought I might get a metal band of two. Buncha TALKERS. I HAVE A 15,000WATT PA. ARE YOU GONNA STEUP OR WHAT????????
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Postby Bold » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Would love to see more metal at BRC, but arguments of what is or is not metal are purely subjective and pretty pointless. 1812 Overture uses cannons for percussion - that's pretty fucking metal in my book. If you enjoy banging your head to it, it's metal.

Slightly on-topic, Poisoned Palace has a good selection of metal standards in its Karaoke selection. And has at least three members who have fronted metal bands. Hoping we'll hear more crunchy muted E chords out on the Playa this year. Oh, we like the headbanging, we do.
Bold

Postby GherkinLounge » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Your prayers have been answered:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139456122802325

Wednesday Night @ 8pm
The Gherkin Lounge
7:30 Portal @ Anniversary
Black Rock City, NV

QuinceaHAIRa
Sort of a Mexican Radio meets Sabbath soiree. Martinis versus tequila. Fuzzy or hairy is the main theme with a splash of lime to suit. Dance, lounge or head bang, you decide. Celebrate your Metal/Grunge/Alternative existence while eating a pickle, getting pickled. Good music, better cocktails, greater people. 21+

Cool Beats
Cocktail Treats
Dance
Lounge
Bar
Cool Visuals

The Gherkin Lounge, infamous since day one, is a slice of the playa you have been longing for. Classy by nature, sassy by default. Good music, better cocktails and greater people. Our three story bar/lounge will captivate you as you sip on yummy cocktails (like our famous Gherkin Martini) while listening to cool beats that transports you to an unforgettable human experience. Themed parties nightly. Ice-cold pickles and martinis are just the beginning...
GherkinLounge

Postby HookahGod » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:29 pm

Thank You Gherkin Lounge!
2012 - Bedouin Tea Lounge 4:00 and H
2011 - Janky as Fuck
2010 - Virgin
HookahGod

Postby A-RockLeFrench » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:52 am

Anyone else manage to come across Black Coffee hour? Can't remember the name of the camp, they were around 3:00 and Graduation, every day from 1pm-2pm they were serving up gourmet coffee and blasting the very best of Black Metal.. luckily for me they happened to be about half a block away from where I was camped :twisted:

Good shit.
A-RockLeFrench

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: PLUNDERGROUND

Postby HandJamMasterC » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:46 pm

That's Cafe Negro camp - corner of 3 and G, right across from our camp ( Camp DOA ) . Great iced coffee BTW - had some almost every day. And great metal. Kept me alive early in the week after setting up our theme camp.
CAMP D.O.A.

Fun As A Scorched Earth Policy...........

https://sites.google.com/site/campdoa/
HandJamMasterC

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Previous

Return to 2011 Theme Camps