"2 new messages" but not really

Use this space for bug reports or to discuss site functionality and statistics.

"2 new messages" but not really

Postby illy dilly » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:24 am

I have a small issue.
Could be a personal problem.

My banner at the top says I have "2 new messages" when I look at my inbox I can't find any new messages.
Last week it said I have "1 new message" I'm pretty sure I know what the message was and I had the sender resend it. But now I have 2 new messages I can't find. I'm not exactly sure what the second message is.

My first thought was "O I have 100 of 100 allowed messages" so I deleted 2/3 of my mail box. Sadly, I still have "2 new messages" that I can't find. I was hoping that after I deleted some they would pop up.

Any one else having this problem? or know a work around?
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Re: "2 new messages" but not really

Postby delle » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:30 am

When I got my first message in here my box was full as well. After deleting some, it got delivered to my OUT box!

Have you looked there?
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Re: "2 new messages" but not really

Postby illy dilly » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:56 pm

delle wrote:When I got my first message in here my box was full as well. After deleting some, it got delivered to my OUT box!

Have you looked there?

You Madam are a genius!!!!
Thank you so much for the help!
They weren't exactly in my OUTBOX, but there was a link in my outbox that said something like 'messages are held due to full folders, click to release held messages"
So even though I had deleted half my inbox I hadn't 'clicked to release' he he he :twisted:
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Return to Site Function