Chicken fucking and PJ's dude up the cow's ass

All things outside of Burning Man.

Chicken fucking and PJ's dude up the cow's ass

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:08 pm

Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Zane5100 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:11 pm

Now that's good...

<chuckle>
middle-aged, wannabe-hipster, dilettante
Zane5100

Where's the other button?

Postby Rob the Wop » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:12 pm

Testicles painted black. Bad move, doesn't match kilt or scarf. Had to flame someone, blame it on fashion.
Rob the Wop

Postby Zane5100 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:14 pm

Dude,

I could have painted them silver or gold for you...
Zane5100

Re: What's your excuse for flaming Tawnee?

Postby jaywalker » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:30 pm

Now, is this really necessary. I mean, like, didn't we just get back from one of the most incredible, life defining moments? We are a family of love, dammit!

StarBoy wrote:Xtras that didn't make it:

Uhm, because you hadn't stuck your neck out yet, sweetie?

MOOP. That's all I have to say: MOOP.

Didn't appreciate her center-camp performance of tone poem, "Die, Marxist Hippie, Die."

I would have been hard pressed if these had been added. But, wouldn't the poem have been "Die, Negative Newbie Opressor, Die"

Or in haiku?

I really don't have an excuse. I just liked doing it. Well, that and the fact that I didn't have the true idea of Burning Man. And I tried the coffee Wednesday night and it sucked!

Oh yeah to keep folks happy...... :D

yaj
your judgement is a little off at this time- Peking Noodle Co. fortune cookie
jaywalker

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:35 pm

Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jaywalker » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:39 pm

StarBoy wrote:Hmmm...I'll see what I can do about that...

Most people are. That's what I'm there for.

Oh, and to watch stumble around sometimes. I'm told can be quite entertaining.

Oh yeah...in about a year I'll have as many posts as zane, ppt and III

Hey! can I vote again? Just kidding. I know the answer
jaywalker

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:40 pm

Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:03 pm

Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tawnee is a champion

Postby bigdave » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:56 pm

The Grand Champion of the 4-minute reply.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
bigdave

Postby Lydia Love » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:54 pm

I went for the *second* opportunity to call you a butt-pirate.
It's all about the squirrels.
Lydia Love

Postby Kinetic » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:55 pm

Uhh...has anyone taken a minute to look at her website? And her daily posts in particular?

If what I read is true, I'm very tempted to become an advocate for her...she may not like that but again it sounds like she's going through a lot. And instead of flames she needs support.

I can be a total SOB and rip into people with the best of 'em, but for some reason my base instinct is telling me there's more to this story. I can't explain it...normally I'm too busy, jaded, skeptical, whatever to get involved. Yet that post of hers commands my attention. I'd seriously take a look at her site and see what ya think.

All that being said, on a creative level the poll is pretty good.
Kinetic

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:25 pm

Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Lydia Love » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:45 pm

Hey K - you're compassion is admirable. Really. But the gal's really interested in community she's gotta stop dictating other people's responses to the event - and the snippy little haiku's etc. don't help.

There's *always* more to the story. For each and every one of us... I mean, did you look at the temple? What a testament to the fact that shit happens in all of our lives.

Also - compassion doesn't always mean letting someone slide. Or letting them keep their expectations about the playa being a perfect magical fairy land year after year.

That's just plain dangerous. The place is dangerous. My first year the weather was hot. I expected the second year to be hot too... guess who didn't bring a coat for a burningman where it never quite warmed up during the day.

Eh - I'm too tired to make much sense.
Lydia Love

Postby jaywalker » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:09 am

Kinetic wrote:Uhh...has anyone taken a minute to look at her website? And her daily posts in particular?

If what I read is true, I'm very tempted to become an advocate for her...she may not like that but again it sounds like she's going through a lot. And instead of flames she needs support.

K- I kinda like the diplomatic approach you throw into your posts, but you are not her guardian protectorate. I thought after one post of hers telling folks to look at her website, she slammed you in the center camp thread for putting some info out. Public domain, baby.

If she is looking for sympathy and an excuse for her actions, it won't happen here. You know that. Compassion only gets you so much. Being an ass, and denouncing everyone else's views does not get excused. I could look and go "aahhhhh." but I'd still be going in the same direction.

I won't throw out some analogy, or sob story. We've all been there, but, I was not let off the hook. I had to be responsible for my actions and words, and deal with getting flamed by my friends and non-friends. It is a good thing to be able to seperate emotions and bullshit from what you put out there. If you go anonymously onto a public forum, you are setting your own bait. You better be ready for what you catch.

I may not agree with you, but but what I've seen on this and the old e-playa, you are generally willing to consider differing views without being all pissy. So, you get the respect. People have to take care of themselves.

Didn't we all have some miraculous epiphany our 1st time? Not all of us thrust our opinions of what it is on other people, and told them they were negative cynics. Sure she might have been overwhelmed and seen god while on a candyflip. Doesn't mean we all have to know it and obey her revelations.

Arguments need two sides, dissenting opinions, listening. She fails on the listening portion. Arguments are what bring changes. If everything was liked by everyone, this thing would still be on Baker Beach and none of us would be here that weren't already in the know.

Acceptance of differing views is expected, but not necessary. Remember HellCo? Or Cacophony Society's It's a Small World? Or even better..Capitalist Pigs? Burning Man should not be homogenized into a nice family. It needs the arguments and dissention to grow. Otherwise were stuck with the same E-ticket rides (Disney reference for all you non-Californians and young folks) like Thunderdome (not a knock. It serves it's purpose when someone pisses ya off), which for some old folks is an institution, but for newbies, it just wows them.

Oh yeah, the point. She has to get her shit together and take care of herself in a responsible way. I post publicy, and if I get shit, I read it, try to see their point of view, and usually discuss with points. Not just tell them they are full of shit and just stay home since they obviously don't get this mysterious "it". Or if they annoy me with inane rhetoric, I may go for the poking stick.

Why is it that the annoying ones are named Tawn-E (yes that's a jab)
jaywalker

Postby Tawnee Lynne » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:18 am

my website is locked down because I felt like doing it. You have to submit a request to join. I decided that some of the people that were responding here couldn't handle the realities of life, and therefore shouldn't be given the tools to explore dangerous waters. As for the reason for this post, just fucking grow up, I didn't like the whining, I still don't. Do any of you feel better as humans for slamming someone else whose opinions differ than yours? Give yourself a cookie and have just as miserable fun in your weekend, as you did in your week. I don't care. It was all fun until you decided all of you had PH.D's and could tell me what is really wrong in my life, I can not listen to you anymore than I listen to the doctors that say I am going to die. I hear your point of view, then I throw it in the trash along with their advice. Here is a thought for all of you stewing in your pot of negativity... the cure for disease is to cure the dis ease. I care about my home in BRC, I care about my family that brings the feeling of home to BRC, I think all the spoiled selfish children in BRC need to grow up and work to be a part of the family instead of sitting on their asses complaining, and therefore not doing their share of making it a refruge from the cold world. My opinion only. As for what I can take or not, I can take far harder life experiences than the few jabs you throw at me. I fucking walked on glass at burning man, I broke an arrow with my neck, all mind over matter... the same as here... mind over matter.
Tawnee Lynne
and there should be a button to choose:
Because she is anti trance. because that is the only ANTI anything I am.
Today I will help you to create music..the music is the echo of whatever precious memory we embrace from our innocent contact....Tawnee Lynne
Tawnee Lynne

Postby Zane5100 » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:50 am

Tawnee Lynne wrote:I fucking walked on glass at burning man, I broke an arrow with my neck, all mind over matter...

Uh, not trying to be pedantic here, but those are all old carnie tricks--nothing remarkable to them (the same with walking on a bed of wood coals).

A real arrow has a carbon fibre or aluminum shaft that is tipped with a razor sharp head that can cut tendon, skin, and cartilage with ease.

Let me guess, the head of your arrow did not have one of these on it...

I'm glad the experience was a confidence builder, but make sure the next time you do it, no one charges you money for the experience.
Zane5100

Postby Ivy » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:19 am

A real arrow has a carbon fibre or aluminum shaft that is tipped with a razor sharp head that can cut tendon, skin, and cartilage with ease.

Depends if it's a hunting arrow or a target arrow.
Ivy

Postby Zane5100 » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:36 am

Ivy wrote:

Depends if it's a hunting arrow or a target arrow.

Point taken.
Zane5100

Postby Kilmore » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:03 pm

Point taken.

Hah!

Double Hah!
Kilmore

Postby jaywalker » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:18 pm

Kilmore wrote:Hah!

Double Hah!

Hey Kilmore! I just figured out that message thing. Great to spend playa time with ya. I'll write later on personal e-mail.

We are the true winners of the Skynyrd Marathon. No contributions to the puke puddle from our team!!!!!
jaywalker

Postby PetsUntilEaten » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:26 pm

YEH! she's back!

you forgot to say : . . . AND ANOTHER THING!

(now if i can only get her into the thunderdome . . . where's by ACME butterfly net & convoluted wylie coyote swinging rope rig?)
PetsUntilEaten

Postby III » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:27 pm

>true winners

yeah. that ride on deeze's art car made you guys a shoe in.
III

Postby jaywalker » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:33 pm

III wrote:>true winners

yeah. that ride on deeze's art car made you guys a shoe in.

hey! there was no specifics about not utilizing any available resources. Plus we were time penalized.

Ok, I feel like a winner because I didn't puke out all the beer next to the bar. But it was a fucking funny ass site to see the other teams chug, puke, chug, puke. That puddle was growing pretty big.

Um, would that count as a gray water issue?
jaywalker

Postby precipitate » Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:51 pm

> the other teams chug, puke, chug, puke

Damn, I wish I could remember that haiku.

And yes, it's a graywater issue. Sue us.
precipitate

Location: Somewhere near an ocean and a desert and a mountain

Postby Kilmore » Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:27 pm

precipitate wrote:Damn, I wish I could remember that haiku.

Skynyrd Marathon
Run Run Chug Chug Run Puke Chug
Puke Chug Puke Chug Puke

If I remember right...

--Kil
Kilmore

Postby greenman » Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:00 pm

Why is it that the annoying ones are named Tawn-E (yes that's a jab)

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
SAD but true....or SAD but funny....or not sad but pathetic...oh hell with it...sadly pethetic and hilarious i think sums it up........
I say let's flame em both,the two for one special.....
greenman

Postby Badger » Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:43 pm

Careful, careful....

Sometimes ice is thinner than it appears.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Lydia Love » Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:31 pm

Oh shit... no kidding!
Lydia Love

Ear Plugs

Postby Zona » Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:36 pm

Wow. Just found this thread.....I might add...that is why I bring a bike to BM. It's fun to ride off a few seconds before the confusion dust blows into camp.
The rules I follow are:
Time....leave sooner rather then later
Distance.....stay away if it's giving off bad energy
Shielding.....Put a poor someone who understands both sides between you and the attacker, then run like hell to go out and consider if they maybe right.

Life....Burning Man is too short to have a bad time.
Laika and me went on a ride.
Zona

Next

Return to Open Discussion