Ride Share 2011

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Ride Share 2011

Postby unjonharley » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:02 am

Starting early,

I will have one seat and some trailer space for Burning Man 2011..

From Salem Or.

Planing a 9 day trip.. Stopping at hot springs Saterday before and again Monday after..

Shared ride, NOT a campmate..
unjonharley

Postby Saul » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:05 am

Leaving Phoenix, AZ Aug 28, getting back into town Sep 6. I am willing to take longer getting back though depending on if we want to split a motel room to rest and clean up.

I have room for two people if they pack lightly. PM me if interested.
Saul

Postby Gen ov eve » Tue May 17, 2011 3:49 pm

I'll be driving from Virginia to Pennsylvania to drop my baby off with his grandma.

Arrival: I intend to fly to San Francisco, arriving between Aug 27-28
(Sat/Sun), with hopes to arrive in BRC no later than Monday.

Departure: I wish to stay for the entire duration of the event in order to help as much as possible with cleaning up following the burn. I'd like to leave SFO between September 5-6 (Monday/Tuesday)

I am searching for a ride share to get me to and from the burn. I will be coming solo as a first time burner, am preparing as much as I possibly can, and will keep my flight load as little as possible (with all of the necessary gear of course), leaving the rest (cooler, other foods, water, fuel) for when we are on our way out. I am a fun-loving responsible mama, and intend to search for my place of residence upon arrival. I do not plan to camp with you, unless of course during the trip we decide that will happen - but let's not plan the future.

Simply looking for a ride among potential long-term connections, responsible burners, ones who choose not to drink and drug while driving; the journey in between travel is what it is. So excited to go Home!!!
Gen ov eve

Postby natep1098 » Thu May 26, 2011 6:47 am

looking for someone from STL, MO or nearby to pick me up. can help with gas or we can barter.

I am also thinking about getting to Reno or LV, but I'd prefer getting home quickly for school and work.

thank you in advance, :)
I awake to a world I do not recognize and yet, recognizing the world is a sensation that I haven't experienced in ages. Good morning world, I've been asleep for a long time.
natep1098

Ride from Canada

Postby Zodiac » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:16 pm

Hey all, My husband and I are going home for the 6th consecutive year. We have a bus conversion that we drive down and while we usually have a few people tag along this year it appears to be just us. We are driving from south of Calgary Alberta through Montana, Idaho etc to Nevada. We can pick up anyone along the way we just want to split gas. Discounts offered if you can drive a standard bus. We're 26 and love to meet new people. You can camp with us or not, whatever.
Zodiac

Postby rgk » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Natep, I will PM you. I'm in Carbondale, Illinois and also looking to get back fairly quick.
rgk

Postby Jax Dee » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:44 am

So since the ride share board is still not updated for 2011 I thought I'd throw this out here. PM me if you are interested.

I am driving all the way out to Nevada from the Wash DC/Baltimore area. I'd like to not go alone. After Burning Man I plan to swing down to Fresno, CA to see my Gran and use her shower :) Though that part could be cancelled if necessary.

I really love to make new friends and would welcome a Burning Man virgin or an old hand. I've only been twice before. I am disabled but fully mobile on my own. I might need assistance with heavy lifting. I have a small SUV and can fit one other person in with me. I am a tolerant non-smoker though I prefer no smoking. Also no illegal substances will be allowed in my car.

I would like to not be rushed as I plan on enjoying my cross-country drive. I really love driving across the US and would like someone to come with me who shares the same love of travel I have.

So anyone wanting to go with me would need to be able to take 2 weeks off of work. I am pretty flexible on my timing though. I am also trying to do this on the tightest budget possible so few hotel stops, shared gas costs, and an adventurous mentality are expected!
Jax Dee

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Re: Ride Share 2011

Postby unjonharley » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:01 am

unjonharley wrote:Starting early,

I will have one seat and some trailer space for Burning Man 2011..

From Salem Or.

Planing a 9 day trip.. Stopping at hot springs Saterday before and again Monday after..

Shared ride, NOT a campmate..

It appears this seat in filled..

Lets keep this thread alive until Ride Share kicks in
unjonharley

Anchorage ak>Seattle>burning man>seattle

Postby darkfred62 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:16 pm

Starting in Anchorage 8/16. Stop in Seattle area (bremerton) for a few days.

Leave for the burn on 8/28 early. Overnight at eagle nest rv. BRC next day about noon.

Vehicle quad cab diesel truck towing 28 foot fifth wheel RV. Fully self contained water,power,sewer.

Will have plenty of space for standard gear.

Usual no's. If you want to ride from AK. make sure you do not have any vehicle criminal history. Canadian customs will not allow entry.

Will have room for two people. First time burner.
darkfred62

Postby prettypirate » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:59 pm

I'm a gal looking for a ride from SF to BM. I want to be on the playa by mon-wed be back sun-mon. I'm easy going, fun, and don't have a ton of stuff. I can do trades for hair servies or cash for gas.

Email me @jocehairar@gmail.com
see my work here
www.facebook.com/hairbyjocelyne

Thanks!
prettypirate

Postby bree&alison » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:17 pm

Hey everyone,
My friend and I (2girls) are first time burners looking for a ride from California to Black Rock. We plan to stay in northern Cali (sanfran maybe) for a couple days before burning man. That being said we're flexible to bus to wherever you are in California if it's easier for you :) send me an email if you are interested or have any questions for us. See you all there!
- Bree and Alison

breefyers@hotmail.com
bree&alison

Postby GaZoe » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:47 pm

Hey all, myself and the lovely wife are heading out to Burning Man for the first time this year. We're coming from LA, does anyone have any room in a vehicle? We both drive, don't mind sharing the driving:-)

We're SOOOOOOO excited to be going at last :P

gnjincov@yahoo.com
GaZoe

Postby darkfred62 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:53 pm

I just created an event in the year round calender called "Burningman" on date 8/29/2011 .

http://www.burningman.com/calendar/year ... e=20110801

Click on the event on the 29th then select "ride share ti this event"

How come no one else has done this yet? I'm brand new. Or am I missing something?
darkfred62

Postby rdavidlee » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 pm

I will be driving to BM from the northern Virginia area and plan on staying at BM from Monday to Sunday. My truck has room for one to two other passengers to help with driving and I would be more than happy to pick up anyone along the way.
rdavidlee

Ride Needed for 2 to BRC From San Jose, Ca

Postby Crimsonstar35 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:15 am

Hi
I'm looking for a ride to me and the boyfriend. We live in San Jose. We are looking to leave Sunday (8/28) and come back Sunday night after the temple burn (9/5). We have bikes and a tent plus food and clothes. We can both help drive and we can definitely pitch in gas money. I can also help clean up the car when we get back!

Thanks!!
rose
Last edited by Crimsonstar35 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimsonstar35

Postby dsharrock » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:18 am

Will be arriving at Reno airport on 6:00 pm Friday evening - I'll be booking a rental car to BRC if anyone with similar travel plans wants to share gas & cost :D
dsharrock

Re: Ride Share 2011 and help bring stuff

Postby kawika » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:57 pm

I can offer ride and bring stuff between Aug 29th and Sept 5th,
I just request a ride in return from Reno to any California Hot Spring so I can return to San Fran eventually.
Aloha,
KDS
kawika

Postby jkisha » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:37 pm

darkfred62 wrote:I just created an event in the year round calender called "Burningman" on date 8/29/2011 .

http://www.burningman.com/calendar/year ... e=20110801

Click on the event on the 29th then select "ride share ti this event"

How come no one else has done this yet? I'm brand new. Or am I missing something?

Probably because that is the "Year Around" calendar and not the ride share board.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby zpublisher » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:31 am

Hello! I'm driving a big RV up from Los Angeles to the Playa and can give people (and gear) a lift there and back.

I plan to leave either late Saturday or early Sunday (Aug 27/28) to get to the Playa when then gates open -- and then to leave some time Monday Sept 5 (need to return the RV back to LA by 5 pm Tuesday Sept 6).

I'm asking for help with the gas money / vehicle mileage fees ... so if you can contribute $125 for a one-way transport or $195 for a round trip transport, that would be most appreciated. It will be a fun trip there and back with a handful of burners.

Please email me at zpublisher@aol.com and let me know a bit about yourself, travel needs (one-way / round trip), amount of gear you will be carrying, etc.

Looking forward to meeting some cool people on the way to and from the Playa!

Thanks.

Marc
zpublisher

Postby Jax Dee » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:56 pm

I've got a couple people to ride share with now, thanks everyone!
May All Beings Be Well
May All Beings Be Happy
May All Beings Be Free From Suffering
-Buddhist Blessing
Jax Dee

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Postby darkfred62 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:24 am

ok how do you get to the "ride share board"? If you follow the directions it takes you to the 2010 rideshare.
darkfred62

Postby jkisha » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:33 am

darkfred62 wrote:ok how do you get to the "ride share board"? If you follow the directions it takes you to the 2010 rideshare.

That's the correct link, they just haven't updated the page yet.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby PixySix » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Heya,

2 burners (in our late 20's, if it matters) from the lower mainland of British Columbia looking for a ride. We have minimal gear, as in: no cooler, no bikes, no art, no costume trunk. We just want to Burn, we're not about dragging a ton of sh*t halfway across the continent. We'd love to meet up with people traveling out of the Vancouver area, but [b]we could also probably get plane tickets to San Fran, Reno or Vegas fairly easily[/b]. Our one friend who we had planned to travel with sort of left us in the lurch because she wanted more car space for her clothes and decorations (ouch) and she was the car-owning, license-holding part of our trifecta :s

We are reliable, cheerful, non-smoking, and fully expecting to chip in for our share of the gas/fees. We'll need to make a food/water stop nearer to the event, but other than that we have no requests on you except that you get us to the gates and back.

If you want camp mates or neighbors who keep an eye on your stuff, then we're happy to discuss that. We tend to wander off in the early-ish morning, wander back for fuel as needed and then wander off again at night until we are (quietly) zombie walking back to the tent around 3-ish. If you want nothing to do with us during the event then just give us a day and time to meet you at the end and we'll rendezvous at that time.

We'd love to arrive on Monday and leave the following late Saturday to early Monday.

Thanks!
-Cheryl and Andrew
PixySix

Postby CaliBrooklyn » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:51 pm

Hello, I'm flying to Reno with my boyfriend and we're looking for a ride to the playa on August 28 or 29 and back to Reno after the burn. We won't have bikes or that much stuff but would need to stop by the grocery store. Send me a message if you have any space and we're happy to pay for gas, etc.
CaliBrooklyn

Postby jobi » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:17 pm

nm
Last edited by jobi on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jobi

Ride Share 2011

Postby djgwhat » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:59 pm

I am driving from La, Ca Long beach to be exact. Looking for some people to join up with. E mail me if instrested and we can talk about the details. djgwhat@aol.com
djgwhat

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Nacho Friends

Postby Grab_Bag » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi all,
I'm from Santa Cruz, CA, Male, 26y.o., and am having to come up late this year. (Thursday 09-01-11; late) I am looking for another person who is also expecting to have to leave later in the week who wants some company, gas money and driving help on the ride up from the bay area. I'm sending my girlfriend and her peoples up on monday so they may enjoy more of the event, however, this leaves me without a car. I will be in San Jose on Thursday and unfortunately won't be able to head out until sometime between 4 and 5 pm. Alternatively, I could catch a flight to Reno, if anyone wants to swoop me there, but the earliest I could land in Reno would be around 9:15pm on 09-01-11. The only baggage I would have with me is a day pack. (small/medium backpack) So if you are stuck like me, having to do default world things until well past the start, please hit me up

Either PM me here or Email me at: scage24@ymail.com
The Fools look, the Educated see, the Wise understand.
Grab_Bag

Postby portaplaya » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:38 am

The BM rideshare page now has the 2011 event listed.

http://www.burningman.com/calendar/year ... hp?id=4526

You can post your rideshare offers and requests there now.
portaplaya

Postby LunarFeline » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:08 am

Hi friends, My partner in crime and I have a ride to the burn, but sadly he has to leave early to attend a wedding on the east coast.... Looking for a ride to Reno on the 1st or 2nd (Thursday or Friday). Anyone else heading out early????? Please help!!! :) mere.m.harvey@gmail.com
LunarFeline

Postby portaplaya » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:15 pm

LunarFeline, I notice that you did not post the same details on the Rideshare page for BM 2011. I think you and your "partner in crime" will have more luck on that list that posting on this topic.

http://www.burningman.com/calendar/year ... hp?id=4526
portaplaya

Next

Return to 2011 Share Resources