Protecting your RV from Playa dust

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Protecting your RV from Playa dust

Postby pablo.avalas » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:25 pm

I'm looking for some helpful tips from more experienced Burners on protecting an RV from some of the ravages of the Playa.

I've only attended twice, both times in tents, but this year my friends and I have an RV we purchased as a group for Burning Man as well as other shenanigans throughout the year.

It being a shared vehicle, there is a certain level of concern (mostly from the partners who aren't going to the burn) about the ravages of Playa dust (and other factors I probably am not anticipating right now) on the health of the vehicle amenities (ie: the AIRCONDITIONING UNIT and the SLIDEOUTS).

I feel that with good planning and preparation we can reduce the aftermath to not much more than a full day of cleaning for the whole crew, but I do want to know from more experienced attendees the best ways to protect the AIRCON intake unit from choking on the dust, the slideouts and windows from gtting choked with dust even when closed, and how you do that cool thing where the interior is covered in plastic (is it dry cleaning bags?) that I've seen taped over the floors in other RVs I've visited in the previous years.

I've looked at some of the other posts but haven't found any info that directly pertains to these issues - please forgive and redirect if there is a relevant post I have missed.

Thanks for your advice - any help would be appreciated!!!

See you on the playa. Blessings!!!!
Boom Boom - ain't it great to be crazy?
pablo.avalas

Re: Protecting your RV from Playa dust

Postby Savannah » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Shoulda read further down this page. :twisted: This is a great thread for RV users:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34551

Page 2 has a tip about "that cool thing where the interior is covered in plastic ".
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Re: Protecting your RV from Playa dust

Postby pablo.avalas » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Thank you!
Boom Boom - ain't it great to be crazy?
pablo.avalas

Return to Shelter & Camping