Professional piercers needed for resurrection suspension per

Professional piercers needed for resurrection suspension per

Postby Smallfry » Thu May 19, 2011 12:06 pm

Hey lovelies!

So here's the skinny- I'm planning on doing a resurrection suspension at the burn this year. The plan is to do it the sunrise after the temple burn as part of a ceremony at my art installation. I've got hooks already, but I'm looking for someone who would like to be part of the who thing and do the piercings for me. None of my friends here in Denver that are piercers are going to the playa.

**I REALIZE THE RISKS OF OPEN WOUNDS ON THE PLAYA. I am not new to the burn or to suspension. I have suspended multiple times. I realize that the playa can be a harsh environment. However, this is basically being done right before we leave to head home. Also, the remaining holes after the suspension would only leave small dot wounds. Also, I am not the first to do this. Tiffa Nova orchestrated a suspension as part of a performance several years ago on the playa.

So yes. Anyone? I'd love to make this sacred rite a part of my experience this year!

Dusty hugs and kisses,
Smallfry
Smallfry

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Shady Motherfaffers

Postby jkisha » Thu May 19, 2011 1:11 pm

:shock:
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Token » Thu May 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Several folks from Core have done suspensions on the Playa in the past few years.

Give them a shout. http://www.wearecore.com/
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Postby Smallfry » Thu May 19, 2011 8:04 pm

Token wrote:Several folks from Core have done suspensions on the Playa in the past few years.

Give them a shout. http://www.wearecore.com/

Thank you! I've heard of them, but I didn't know that any of them were burners. I'll definitely drop 'em a line!
Smallfry

Re: Professional piercers needed for resurrection suspension

Postby Smallfry » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:39 am

Never got a response from Core, but still hoping to find someone to facilitate this. Anyone? Bueller?
Smallfry

Postby dj_john69 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:15 pm

I remember back in the 90's...a pickup truck driving around with a dude swinging from a suspension thingy built in the bed of the truck. Was crazy to see while trippin'.

Good luck with it.
Fuck you, fuck you...you're cool, fuck you !!
dj_john69

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Root Society & Osiris & BRS

Postby Dougie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:06 pm

I'm with CoRE, and a fair amount of us cross over to Thunderdome.

CoRE is not having any proper presence at the burn this year, but I'm trying to get some people together unofficially to do something. This year's theme is too perfect.

I'll be in and out of camp, but I also work with Gate, Perimeter and Exodus. If you find your way to Thunderdome or the Black Hole, pop in and see if I'm around. Leave a note if not. If I can get people together I'll do my best to contact you and help out with your flight.
Dougie

Return to 2011 Art & Performance