RENO AIRPORT TO BURNING MAN 29/08/11

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

RENO AIRPORT TO BURNING MAN 29/08/11

Postby burnmeman » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Hey guys

Im flying into Reno from New York on 29/08/11. Is there anyone/persons doing the same? Or will I be the only clueless one when I arrive at Reno airport? Havent got a clue how Im gonna get from Reno airport to the Playa anyone got any suggestions please? Or beeter still wanna join me and we can be clueless together!!

Would appreciate any help peeps

Keep smiling

Abid
burnmeman

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:24 pm

There will be a burner help desk at the airport that will help to arrange rides. I'm not sure what the best sub-forum to find more information would be, but it's somewhere on this board. (Sorry, it's "quick catch up before going to bed" mode.)
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby burnmeman » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:30 am

Hey Thanks Crypto for your feedback...Do you know what the logistics are costs, time etc
burnmeman

Postby Sham » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:43 am

Like fishy said, there is a burner hospitality desk by the baggage area at the Reno airport, where you will find lots of friendly people to help you out. They can guide you in all the right directions.
Remember that you have to get food, water and other supplies in the area--so you will need to plan for all of that.
Sham

Postby burnmeman » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:30 am

Cheers Shambala...So much to do so little time!!!
burnmeman

Re: RENO AIRPORT TO BURNING MAN 29/08/11

Postby losing-myself » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:36 pm

Hey man, I'm a first-timer to and will be arriving from London, England! I'm sure there's bound to be a few bewildered faces wandering round Reno airport - perhaps we'll bump into each other. I'm excited ... a bit nervous, but super excited!! :D
twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you haven't done, than by the things that you did.
so cast off the bowlines! set sail from the safe harbour! catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
losing-myself

Postby LostinReno » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:06 pm

I've worked the playa desk at the airport for the past two years. There are dry erase boards available at the desk for people seeking/offering rides, services etc. It's even more fun to watch the bewilderment of the people in the airport that aren't headed to the playa since I'd say most flights into Reno on the first Friday, Saturday, Sunday are probably 60-75% burners.
LostinReno

Burning Since: 2009

Postby graidawg » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:44 pm

lost in reno, that must be quite a lot of fun, and i think something that would satisfy me as a volounteer activity next year.

abid, i think ninzy is getting a car? not sure but she did say something about dropping at reno after the burn, still got her moby?
BM
losing myself, are you on the london regionals? there is a link on here or the main BM website, ok its not very useful right now but there are many many london burners going, i am driving from vegas myself (had to go) (just had to) (im already car sharing as well) but stat on here im a sure some other london burners will post.

hey its a rite of passage and a grand adventure !!!
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby goathead » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:58 pm

grab a bunch of other burners and hire a limo....

now that would be fun.
:lol:
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

It will be some sort of incredible over-worded hippie prattle, attempting to disguise the
Eternal Theme
Burn Shit And Blow Shit Up. Eric
goathead

Postby Minxy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:22 am

Working at the burner information desk at the airport is definitely on my to-do list of volunteer activities I want to try. Someday. Too busy this year, but it sounds like so much fun! :D

I'd especially enjoy all the confused non-burner people's faces. That would just crack me the hell up.
"If I moop your head, I shall be very displeased." - Savannah
Minxy

Postby RainbowFlavoredSorrow » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:20 am

I too will be one of those wandering around the Reno airport in search of a ride to BRC. I will have minimal, but all neccessary supplies(have to leave out most of my optional 'fun' clothes and stuff to make the weight limit for checked baggage) and can, of course, offer some gas money to the kind person(s) willing to let me get a ride with them. Hope to see all of you at the airport/BRC, just look for the confused girl with rainbow dreads!
RainbowFlavoredSorrow

Postby LostinReno » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:50 pm

The airport desk is a blast! The airport itself loves us! (ummm, can you say revenue?). The first year I volunteered was my virgin year on Friday/Saturday before the event. I never realized the scope of how many people from all over the world come to this! It's a pretty amazing vibe from all the happy people getting off the planes!
LostinReno

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Minxy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:35 pm

LostinReno wrote:The airport desk is a blast! The airport itself loves us! (ummm, can you say revenue?). The first year I volunteered was my virgin year on Friday/Saturday before the event. I never realized the scope of how many people from all over the world come to this! It's a pretty amazing vibe from all the happy people getting off the planes!

Oh ya, I can imagine. It would be so much fun volunteering to help all these happy, excited people AND it would be fun to see the non-burners reacting to the burners. :D Very exciting. :)
"If I moop your head, I shall be very displeased." - Savannah
Minxy

Postby id » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:55 pm

I too will most likely be flying to BM. This settles my nerves quite a bit that they'll be quite a few people running around trying to get to BM. It's also an amusing mental image.

:mrgreen:
id

Return to 2011 Share Resources