RIDESHARE INFO: Need a ride, or have an empty seat to fill?

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

Try this...

Postby gregori » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:07 pm

Slightly easier link:
http://www.burningman.com/preparation/t ... share.html

You'll have a choice to ADD a RideShare or SEARCH for one.
(At this point it doesn't care if you are offering or asking for a ride)

If you choose SEARCH:
First - choose what of TYPE or rideshare you are looking for.
(Need ride/offer ride/need stuff hauled/offer to haul stuff)
Second - choose the REGION you're wanting a ride from.
Third - Enter your TRAVEL DATES. (The earliest and latest you would want to travel. (Or leave them as the defauly ANY setting, and see all shares)
Click the SEARCH button, and voila! A list of all the others looking for passengers, rides or freight!

If you choose ADD (from thje first page):
This is to add your own request to the list, so that others may search it, and contact you!
You'll need to fill in all the same info as requested in search, plus a few nice extras like smoking preferences, contact info, and comments.
Hit the SUBMIT button, and you're on the list!

How easy is that?

I hope this feature is used more - it sure makes finding a rideshare much easier than wading through the posts hoping to find a match.

Regards,
Greg
gregori

b-b-b-bump

Postby gregori » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:46 pm

Public service announcement...
gregori

Re: RIDESHARE INFO: Need a ride, or have an empty seat to fi

Postby blackie » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:21 pm

[quote="gregori"]There's an actual ride-share board here:
http://www.burningman.com/calendar/year ... php?id=883

All I can say is....you rock. :!:
Computers are like handguns - not everyone can be trusted with one...
blackie

good 'n' sticky

Postby admin » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:57 pm

Made this a sticky, as requested. I did delete the first two posts, as a less-optimal link was provided at first.

Thank you for bringing this up! The RideShare tool was the brainchild of WebDaddy, a SoCal Burner who created the tool, hosted it for Burners to use succesfully one year, then quietly approached the web team and said, "do you think this would be helpful on the main site?"

We said "HELL YES! THANK YOU!" and proceeded to work with him to get it to play nice with our technologies, with Spanky taking point on calendarizing it.

It was used by hundreds of Burners last year, and to my knowledge they're have been no bad reports. Everyone loved it.

~technopatra~
eplaya admin
admin
Site Admin

ooookayy

Postby stickynikky » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:59 pm

got it. thanks greg! ( the trick was the link.. and the fact that no one is leaving from where i'm leaving! if only i lived in california.... sigh )
stickynikky

Postby SLT » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:04 am

For us East Coast folks there REALLY need to be "region" breakdowns [ie: Southeast, Northeast, maybe just "west of the Mississippi"] in both the ePlaya "Share" category and on the rideshare board.

Unlike CA, Eastern burners are few and far between so trying to list rides offered/ needed on a state by state basis isn't really practical. People out here frequently gather from hundreds of miles apart to hook up for the 2000+ mile drive west. I've run a rideshare out of Nashville for 4 years now and get people from as far as the Carolinas and Florida joining in.

In past years there was a rideshare category on the ePlaya with good regional breakdowns, and it worked like a champ. Any way to bring that back???
SLT

Postby SLT » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:08 am

For us East Coast folks there REALLY need to be "region" breakdowns [ie: Southeast, Northeast, maybe just "west of the Mississippi"] in both the ePlaya "Share" category and on the rideshare board.

Unlike CA, Eastern burners are few and far between so trying to list rides offered/ needed on a state by state basis isn't really practical. People out here frequently gather from hundreds of miles apart to hook up for the 2000+ mile drive west. I've run a rideshare out of Nashville for 4 years now and get people from as far as the Carolinas and Florida joining in.

In past years there was a rideshare category on the ePlaya with good regional breakdowns, and it worked like a champ. Any way to bring that back???
SLT

Postby SLT » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:21 am

SLT

yeah

Postby sgrunspa » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:54 pm

i don't know why they did away with the regions, i have asked the admins to bring it back, but no love.
time wounds all heels - groucho marx
sgrunspa

how do you edit and entry?

Postby Lo » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:48 pm

how do you edit an entry that you made on the rideshare board? i want to add more information, but i can't find a way to change what i already submitted...

thanks!
Lo

Return to 2004 Share