My big art project for 2011 called Final Passage seeks...

Postby delle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:40 am

I definitely hope to see this out there! I like the concept and the energy driving it!!!

and truthfully, I also particularly like the fact that the painting you're standing in front of in your video makes you look like you've got cartoon hair. You totally rock flaming orange! :D
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Postby toaster » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:07 am

delle wrote:I definitely hope to see this out there! I like the concept and the energy driving it!!!

and truthfully, I also particularly like the fact that the painting you're standing in front of in your video makes you look like you've got cartoon hair. You totally rock flaming orange! :D

Thank you!
toaster

Re: Please Check This Out! Time is of the essence...

Postby moonrise » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:01 am

toaster wrote:I am living in San Fran and am looking to connect with some cool people to help make this thing a reality as soon as possible. I am living on Treasure Island and there is space to work... but I need a team to finally make it happen!!!!

http://art23design.com/other-projects/s ... ssage-2011

Welding, metal work ... helpers in general who might enjoy helping with suggestions and the occasional lifting of something.

My Kickstarter is 30% funded and I have some donations already and am ready to start moving forward. It's time to create.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stu ... e?ref=card

This project means a lot. It is a spiritual 'thing'. The tree of life meets the river styx.
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby delle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:38 pm

I do like the Tree of Life.

Not so much with the Styx, tho.

Having recently hooked up record players in every single room in the house except for the bathrooms and closets (tho I swear my guy is eyeing the room for those as well) we've been buying ALOT of vinyl lately.

I think every single teenager in Quebec owned at least one Styx album in the 70's. And played them with reckless abandon.

As a consequence, every second album in any given collection for sale here appears to be a badly beaten Styx album.

Can you promise you won't be playing any of that?????

:?
delle

Postby toaster » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:49 pm

delle wrote:I do like the Tree of Life.

Not so much with the Styx, tho.

Having recently hooked up record players in every single room in the house except for the bathrooms and closets (tho I swear my guy is eyeing the room for those as well) we've been buying ALOT of vinyl lately.

I think every single teenager in Quebec owned at least one Styx album in the 70's. And played them with reckless abandon.

As a consequence, every second album in any given collection for sale here appears to be a badly beaten Styx album.

Can you promise you won't be playing any of that?????

:?

With absolute certainty... ha ha ha
toaster

Postby lucky.bastard » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:59 pm

can't wait to see this
"In cultivating my own personal sojourn of enlightenment, I've had to forego employment opportunities "
lucky.bastard

BIG DAY TODAY!!!!!

Postby toaster » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Today I met a Flaming Lotus Girl at American Steele and it was cool! Today I stood RIGHT NEXT to the work space for FLUX. I saw so much and I took pictures. Friends... I now have art work space in the HEART - the m'er f'er heart of the Burner Art world.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 9359846451

Am I jumping the gun? I do not think so.... I feel confident this is going to happen and I took the step to secure work space and start moving forward with a team that is coming together!

See pictures at the above link!
toaster

Postby delle » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:16 pm

Sooooooooooo close...... but with only 7 days to go, NOWS THE TIME!!!

Please.... anyone with an extra dollar (yeah, I know... but here's the space where it could really make a difference).

I'd hate to see this one poop out at the finish line. It's soooooooo close!!!

delle

Postby StickyChron » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:01 pm

811 bucks! This is a close one. Even if you can't donate, help support this project by keeping the thread at the top of the forum for all to see.

I don't have any connection to this project, someone showed me the link and it just sounds awesome. More cool shit for me to look at while I'm out of my mind. Help the guy out!
StickyChron

Postby Minxy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:49 pm

delle wrote:Sooooooooooo close...... but with only 7 days to go, NOWS THE TIME!!!

Please.... anyone with an extra dollar (yeah, I know... but here's the space where it could really make a difference).

I'd hate to see this one poop out at the finish line. It's soooooooo close!!!

Man, it's too bad the minimum pledge is $20.00. :(
Minxy

Postby delle » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Dang. It's true!!!

I wonder if that might be modifiable!!!!

Oh, yoooohooo! Powers that Be!!! Can this be modified for the final run?

....give everyone a chance to kick in a wee bit????
delle

Postby moonrise » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:14 pm

Perhaps the link could be spread around to other Burning Man online places (please please please)

The end date is also close to the last few days of the eplaya upgrades, spreading the link and donating before would be schweeeeet!

google where are you when we really need ya?!!!!!!!!
please spread this puppy all over the globe before the weekend & show us what the 'Online Titan" can really do!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby toaster » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:15 pm

I feel it!!!! I feel it!!!! The art gods are smiling on me. I need them to grin boldly!!!!! ha ha ha ha

I am having a team meeting at my house on the 25th of June and am still actively looking for community support.

So far it has been great and I have several volunteers. Wish me luck all... I have a lot to accomplish.

Thank you for all the love so far!!!

Scott aka Toaster
toaster

Postby moonrise » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:17 pm

delle wrote:Dang. It's true!!!

I wonder if that might be modifiable!!!!

Oh, yoooohooo! Powers that Be!!! Can this be modified for the final run?

....give everyone a chance to kick in a wee bit????

good idea delle!

Simon, got links? (I promise to help eradicate 'Sandalism' for ya'!)

sorry for the double post
moonrise

Postby MyDearFriend » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:33 pm

What a cool project. 8) I believe in you Toaster!

Come on y'all, it's right here. Let's do this.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby toaster » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:39 pm

Thank you all again!!!!! Thank you... 139$ from goal... OMG... I am thrilled!!!!

I signed the lease on the work space today... anyone want to come melt metal and start fires?
toaster

Postby StickyChron » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:45 pm

5 days to go.
StickyChron

Postby Minxy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:11 pm

I wish the minimum pledge wasn't at $20.00! :(
Minxy

Postby toaster » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:28 pm

StickyChron wrote:5 days to go.

I kow I know I know I know!!!!! (jumping up and down in each syllable!)
toaster

Postby MyDearFriend » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:02 am

Bumping for a last push.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/studiosk/final-passage-a-spiritual-sculpture?ref=card

And hey Toaster I just noticed you are in Henderson, NV! 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby toaster » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:04 am

MyDearFriend wrote:Bumping for a last push.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/studiosk/final-passage-a-spiritual-sculpture?ref=card

And hey Toaster I just noticed you are in Henderson, NV! 8)

No, I was in Henderson. I moved to San Fran and am working over at American Steel on this project. So excited. I had to move it from Henderson when I moved here.
toaster

Postby toaster » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:31 am

98% funded - see me doing back flips
toaster

Postby Minxy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:23 am

Nice, I sure hope you make it!
Minxy

Postby lucky420 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:10 pm

just bumped you over the amount on kickstarter...yay
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby snake » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:32 pm

YAY!!! you did it!!
snake

Postby toaster » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:56 am

Minxy wrote:Nice, I sure hope you make it!

It must have been your hopes that made it happen, 104% funded and I can get started building on this project. Thank goodness!!!!!!

I still have a busy road ahead of me and I am considering dropping all my other project because I may have over taxed myself to do more than this piece.

This is a gorgeous piece and my biggest hope is that people will leave Burning Man remembering this piece as something that created awe. I hope it inspires peace of soul.

This is not going to be a cheap project and I will be continuing to raise money and invest in it as time marches on.

I hope you guys stay with me on the growth of this project. I will be posting pictures on the facebook and on the web site. I worked out a little projection with known costs and unknown costs on the web site so people could be involved. I think transparency is important for people who had faith in me to support this amazing thing.

I AM SO GRATEFUL TO YOU ALL FOR WATCHING THIS PROGRESS... the positive energy it built was inspiring beyond words!
toaster

Re: My big art project for 2011 called Final Passage seeks..

Postby toaster » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:22 pm

Prepare for the Playa (Artists Row) is putting on another event which will not only feature various Burning Man vendors, but this time is showcasing a lot of people promoting their art for Burning Man.

I will be there showing my project "Final Passage". I have it more than half way completed, but have now ran out of resources; money and materials. I hope that people will see my work and want to help me get it finished.

If you have not seen it yet check it out!

On my web site: http://art23design.com/oth​er-projects/sculpture-proj​ect/final-passage-2011

On it's own facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pa​ges/Final-Passage-Art-Proj​ect-2011/201939359846451

Like it! Love it! Follow it! ha ha ha

I am sure MissNik will be posting something for the event, but I wanted to get people motivated and help me see this through!

THANK YOU...

Scott aka Toaster
Toaster
San Francisco, CA
www.sunguardians.net and
www.queerburners.com

(Living life running with scissors in my hand, wearing a plastic helmet and teethe-guard)
toaster

Previous

Return to 2011 Art & Performance