shower water

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Postby Snow » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:38 pm

or you can use your swamp cooler as your distilleratorthingamjig

sure a UV filter will kill living things but won't to anything about smell, sediment or raver scabies. Ozone treatment could work just as well too, it has the benefit of neat toxic bubbles.

We used to use charred cow bones to remove arsenic from ground water in Fallon. Perhaps, Dick, you could use the cremated hippies that get stuck in your hippie armor, disposing of the remains and cleaning arsenic out of the water all in one shot. And with Japan this year better toss in some zeolite minerals into the filters as well to knock out those pesky radionuclide playa dust particles.

We'll get this treatment system going good enough you can strain bodies out of the sewage treatment plant they've been dumping reactor water from Fukishima into and make baby formula with it.
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam
Snow

Postby capjbadger » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:05 am

I think we've hit the point where while yes, you could clean the grey water enough to use it, the effort to do so far exceeds just bringing clean water. ;)

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Snow » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:20 am

yes, I believe I covered that in one of my first posts, but what fun is that :wink:
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam
Snow

Postby Foxfur » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:40 am

Snow wrote:yes, I believe I covered that in one of my first posts, but what fun is that :wink:

Right you are.
If folks didn't continually reinvent the wheel we'd still be rolling on stone wheels.

This thread has given me ideas. Like that cooler idea... :twisted:

Ff
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby FIGJAM » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:37 am

But, my stone wheels don't leak. 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby capjbadger » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Snow wrote:yes, I believe I covered that in one of my first posts, but what fun is that :wink:

Well there is that. :)
I'lll admit I've been playing with ideas for a simple grey water still for some time now. My first year I built and brought a huge still (the glass cover was a sliding glass door). ;)

Maybe if I get some time away from all the other projects, I'll revisit my last idea and put one together and test it out. :)

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Foxfur » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:10 pm

It should work. When I was in my teens I built solar stills obsessively. I distilled water from brackish estuary water, 50/50 radiator coolant (had a slight taste), mud, grass, soil, umm, even pee (I won half a bag of skittles on that one :) ).
Build it!

You can also stiffen a weak hard liquor. So long as you're cool with incomplete transfer of flavors. I'm not much on drinking but I might just have to try that again. Make 'Solar Brandy'. I enjoy others enjoying spirits. Be kinda cool to make it on the playa. Nah, fuck it. Next year...

Back to the gray waters...
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Previous

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks