Theme gone too far.

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:14 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
jkisha wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:
Mojojita wrote:
Bluemandrew wrote:We were going to let people compete for the most spectacular suicide. Death is a right of passage after all.

Thanks but we already have enough entrants in that competition to last forever.

\Indeeed.

The one I remember, the guy was actually mistaken for art, until the reality set in.

That did not happen--it's an example of the way the press exagerates and distorts actual truth--and I am not too happy with your mindlessly repeating something that defames C&J and the burn in general.

Wow until you mentioned C&J I thought they were talking about the dude who burned himself to death.

I don't think there's anything despicable or defamatory about having a double-take/holy shit/is-that-for-REAL? moment when you come upon a hanging corpse at an art party. The accounts I have read (admittedly not contemporaneous) don't imply that the misperception lasted for more than a few seconds. Perfectly predictable, actually; a normal thing to do.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Tarek el-Tayyib Mohamed Ben Bouazizi (March 29, 1984 – January 4, 2011; Arabic: محمد البوعزيزي‎), known simply as Mohamed Bouazizi, was a Tunisian street vendor who set himself on fire on December 17, 2010, in protest of the confiscation of his wares and the harassment and humiliation that was allegedly inflicted on him by a municipal official and her aides. This act became the catalyst for the 2010–2011 Tunisian revolution, sparking deadly demonstrations and riots throughout Tunisia in protest of social and political issues in the country. Anger and violence intensified following Bouazizi's death, leading then-President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali to step down on January 14, 2011, after 23 years in power.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Foxfur » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Tarek el-Tayyib Mohamed Ben Bouazizi (March 29, 1984 – January 4, 2011; Arabic: محمد البوعزيزي‎), known simply as Mohamed Bouazizi, was a Tunisian street vendor who set himself on fire on December 17, 2010, in protest of the confiscation of his wares and the harassment and humiliation that was allegedly inflicted on him by a municipal official and her aides. This act became the catalyst for the 2010–2011 Tunisian revolution, sparking deadly demonstrations and riots throughout Tunisia in protest of social and political issues in the country. Anger and violence intensified following Bouazizi's death, leading then-President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali to step down on January 14, 2011, after 23 years in power.

Tunisians are very stringy, tough. I prefer mine to be marinated before immolating.
Try the Chechen mcnuggets...
Foxfur

Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th - 404 Village Not Found

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:24 pm

You're quick!
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Foxfur » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:48 am

Colonoscopy camp.

Ff
Foxfur

Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th - 404 Village Not Found

Re: Theme gone too far.

Postby EastcoastEd » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:20 pm

There's like 6 million nerve endings in that area of the forskin; if you got'em keep'em. How I ruined my week at BM : Got circumsized on Monday. Keep all the forskins though, Catholic priests use them as gum.
EastcoastEd

Re:

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 am

MyDearFriend wrote:Wow until you mentioned C&J I thought they were talking about the dude who burned himself to death.

I don't think there's anything despicable or defamatory about having a double-take/holy shit/is-that-for-REAL? moment when you come upon a hanging corpse at an art party. The accounts I have read (admittedly not contemporaneous) don't imply that the misperception lasted for more than a few seconds. Perfectly predictable, actually; a normal thing to do.

The press published multiple accounts of the young man in question hanging in the dome for hours because everyone thought he was an art piece. It was pretty sloppy reporting and not remotely true. A doubletake is one thing, this imaginary reaction another. It was a deeply disturbing thing to find in the press over and over, on top of the upset cause by Jeremy's hanging. It still makes my stomach clench to think of the repeated story.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby DrBlitz » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:19 pm

During our camp's brainstorming session before we decided on a theme, we considered the following Rites of Passage-themed ideas:

*Grievous Bodily Injury Camp (AKA: "Whiskey and Hammers Camp")
*First STD Camp (I selflessly volunteered to be one of the "sources.")
*Severe Dysentery Camp (Don't tell me that's not passage.)
*Genital Mutilation Camp (But we decided that had probably already been done.)
*Gang Rape Camp (Too many willing volunteers.)
*Bukkake Camp (See above two comments.)

I will point out that most of us weren't particularly...um...sober during this discussion.
----------------------
DrBlitz
-Certified Mad Doctor
DrBlitz

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:29 am

DrBlitz wrote:*First STD Camp

I like it!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Previous

Return to 2011 Theme