Burning Man Filmmakers, writers, entertainment people

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

Burning Man Filmmakers, writers, entertainment people

Postby Tay » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:34 pm

I know there are a ton of you out there - mostly because there are a ton of BM films out there. Would anyone be interested in getting together some afternoon on the Playa and talking film? Maybe a filmmaker salon at Center Camp - or if anyone has a good place to gather.
Tay

solid input

Postby kdub » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:47 pm

I would like to meet up to go over some ideas for filming on the playa, more importantly I need to know the rules of camera use in the eyes of the willing, non-willing, actors, performers, etc... How can we collaborate? :P
Lookin forward to the full experience of the burning man. I will have my camera with me most of the time, I hope people won't mind being interviewed or even on camera for that matter. I will have respect and tact. And PARTY!
kdub

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:49 pm

Would love to broadcast the films/videos on my site. it's ready to do so.

Anyone with material? send me some. PM me.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Re: solid input

Postby Steven bradford » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:26 pm

kdub wrote:I would like to meet up to go over some ideas for filming on the playa, more importantly I need to know the rules of camera use in the eyes of the willing, non-willing, actors, performers, etc... How can we collaborate? :P

Then I suggest you read this http://www.burningman.com/press/pressRa ... guidelines
Steven bradford

Try Media Mecca

Postby Gothalot » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:08 pm

I suggest Media Mecca or thereabouts. I'm a filmmaker too but have little desire to shoot another Burn. I'd rather participate. Plus Im already a reporter on the BRG . Feel free to ask for Gothalot behind Media Mecca. My trailer will be around there somewhere and I'd be happy to put some coffee on and shoot the poop on Film.
Gothalot

wetshots on the playa

Postby Honey » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:46 am

I operate a biz called wetshots here in So. cal, for the film industry. I,m bringing a water truck to the playa this year, if any one can think of something to do with it, drop me a line. Thanks Honey.............
Honey

Postby Gothalot » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:21 am

Well Honey I get all wet just thinking of the prospect of a water truck. What ya say we chop the top and make us a swimming pool?

-Gothalot
Gothalot

choppin my top

Postby Honey » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:00 pm

Theres no need to chop anything. The tops always open for a swim Goth.
Thats half the reason I drive it up ! Hope to see you there. Honey..........
Honey

Postby Jungle Joe » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:21 pm

There Should be a Burningman Film Festival At BurningMAn. :?: :idea: A Drive In for Artcars and Bicycles!!!!!! I have a film i could contribute. Featuring Skydive Footage over BRC.
Jungle Joe

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:26 am

Jungle Joe wrote:There Should be a Burningman Film Festival At BurningMAn. :?: :idea: A Drive In for Artcars and Bicycles!!!!!! I have a film i could contribute. Featuring Skydive Footage over BRC.

Would you be intersted in playing the film on my site? Please stop by, sign up on my board and drop it off.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Burning Manns Theatre

Postby Gothalot » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:35 am

Well, I could see it now... Burning Manns Playa theatre. We could have hand and foot prints of famous Playa people at the entrance in Playa Mud. Hmmmmmm interesting. Would Larry get his hands dirty? Could we get Action Girl to stick her boobs in the mudd too?

-Gothalot
Gothalot

Re: Burning Manns Theatre

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:48 am

Gothalot wrote:Well, I could see it now... Burning Manns Playa theatre. We could have hand and foot prints of famous Playa people at the entrance in Playa Mud. Hmmmmmm interesting. Would Larry get his hands dirty? Could we get Action Girl to stick her boobs in the mudd too?

-Gothalot

They all would have to have their hands, boobs and booty's in the mudd.

Oooo sounds like a mudd people party to me. :P
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Theater Under the Stars; Playa Playhouse

Postby mauiMacMan » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:38 pm

I think it would be great to have a video projector and big screen set up for anyone to plug a laptop into. First signed up, first presented, in 5 minute bursts of creativity! No bars, no limits, even if you wanted to do a live mix with camera and something like Arkaos and laptop movies and images all mixed togther. What about a video feedback tunnel to compliment a laser tunnel? Just think of the possibilities.
Peter Rosen,

Founder:
Visionary Artists Resources Including Other Unique Services (V.A.R.I.O.U.S. Media, 501c3)

Visit Creativity Cafe; Networking and New School for the New Millennium
http://creativity.net/
mauiMacMan

Postby Gothalot » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:57 pm

Ya know Im really into this filmmakers showcase and I see filmmaking as a very valid art. Its what I do. However this year I'd like to escape my TV or screens. Still having said that I could see myself getting sucked into mauiMacMans idea. Keep me posted.
Gothalot

Screenwriter.. begining again..

Postby joseffar » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:37 pm

Hey t.. sure.

I used to be a professional screenwriter I quit four five years ago after a life changing event at burningman and now i'm starting to write again.. It would be pure poetry to sit around and talk shop with other artists..

josef@josephwriter.com is my email my site is www.josephwriter.com
joseffar

Postby Nicole_Siggins » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:05 am

I would love to meet on the playa to discuss film. I'm not sure how I feel about taking footage about Burning Man, as I don't want make anyone feel uncomfortable. I've a video major and would love to talk to others with this interest.
peace and love,
Nicole
Nicole_Siggins

Postby Nicole_Siggins » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:08 am

I would love to meet on the playa to discuss film. I'm not sure how I feel about taking footage about Burning Man, as I don't want make anyone feel uncomfortable. I've a video major and would love to talk to others with this interest.
peace and love,
Nicole
Nicole_Siggins

Postby Gothalot » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:09 am

Smacks Nicole with a vintage Arri for double posting. Humph!
Gothalot

Postby Steven bradford » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:17 pm

Gives Nicole a weapons grade B&H Filmo for smacking back with...
Steven bradford

Postby Gothalot » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:08 am

Hides under 10K HMI preparing clapper board retaliation and readying anoying producer launcher. Ever see a producer launched. They scream REALLY loud.

Got earplugs?
Gothalot

CINEMASPORTS AT BURING MAN: MOVIES MADE ON THE PLAYA IN ONE

Postby jin » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:58 am

I'd like to invite everyone to participate in an event that I organize geared toward movie-makers and actors. Please read below. I hope you can make it.

Jin

CINEMASPORTS AT BURING MAN: MOVIES MADE ON THE PLAYA IN ONE DAY

Cinemasports is the iron chef of filmmaking. Cinemasports starts with the announcement of "ingredients" on Wednesday afternoon. Teams have one day to complete a movie with those ingredients. Finished movies screen on Thursday evening.

For Example, can teams make a 3 minute movie that includes a tattoo artist, a watermelon seed, and a conversation about hair replacement? We explore how the same ingredients inspire different creative minds. San Francisco Magazine says, "...the results are crazed but inspired."

Anyone can participate. Filmmakers, actors, and those who wish they were. Bring you own team or come alone, and bring a video camera if you have one.

KICK-OFF MEETING FOR PARTICIPANTING FILMMAKERS AND ACTORS
We announce ingredents and guidelines on
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1
2PM at The Man at the Center of Black Rock City
(6:00 side facing center camp)

SCREENING OF FINISHED MOVIES
The entire public is invited.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
8:30PM Camp Videogasm
Located at Snowflake Villiage
Esplanade@ 8:00

Any questions?

http://www.cinemasports.com
info@cinemasports.com
On the playa Information is available at Camp Videogasm in Snowflake Village (Esplanade @ 8:00).
jin

Postby Gothalot » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:14 am

Okay taunt and tease me. Burning man makes a great location but geeze can I escape the medium? Filmmaking is a jealous mistress indeed.

Not to mention, have you seen what the Playa does to those DV cams? I suppose I could use my little canon A60, oh geeze now look at me I'm actually concidering it. No No no no no no. In any language its NO.

I suppose the stigma that still exists is that most Burners want to escape TV and its negative effect. Filmmaking still has a ways to go to be concidered a playa art form I think. I'm not trying to discourage it here in the forum mind you I just am trying to grasp what it is that doesnt settle well about it for me or what Im I fighting here, or why. I think my participation may be that I will write about it for the Black Rock Gazette.

Can the organizer of this filmmaking event please contact me at my trailer next to the Black Rock Gazette as soon as they come into town. I'll be in Black Rock early, look for the "Goth" on the 15' white trailer's door. Thanks.
-Gothalot
Gothalot

sounds great

Postby miixxy » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:40 am

not going (unless a miracle happens)
but it sounds like a stellar idea!

Kubrick?
Documentary?
Anime?
Horror?
Donnie Darko?

:) miixxy
** vj miixxy **

multo.com
miixxy.com
jezebelnyc.com
thecataract.com
exmonologues.com
miixxy

Postby nostratomas » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:36 am

Hey Jungle Joe, nice idea brother. I now the video nazi over at "hi" camp. He has quite the set up three screens all digital. His name is Stewart.

Maybe he would be down for a festival project.
If you can't ride it, burn it.
nostratomas

actress in need of team *pout*

Postby tisha2 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:00 pm

Howdy kids-

I did indeed sign up to participate in Cinemasports as an actress
(i'm legit), but am suffering a lack of teammates...would love to connect with bright,
talented, inventive, and of course, hot, folks like y'all before hitting the playa stag...
tisha2

Re: actress in need of team *pout*

Postby nostratomas » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:27 am

tisha2 wrote:Howdy kids-

I did indeed sign up to participate in Cinemasports as an actress
(i'm legit), but am suffering a lack of teammates...would love to connect with bright,
talented, inventive, and of course, hot, folks like y'all before hitting the playa stag...

TurtleButt in our camp might be interested she is a French actress involved heavily with a professional improve group. Come on by & i'll introduce you to her. Transcendent FunKtions 9:30 Mercury. Tomas
nostratomas

thanks a million

Postby jalbert » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:43 am

Tomas

thanks for all your advice - i think we've got everything figured out.

so, are you based at Transcendent Funktions? If i walk over there and ask for you, will I be turned away?

i'd like to say hi.

J.
jalbert

Postby nostratomas » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:51 am

why would you think that? does your personality suck that bad or are you that repulsively offensive in general? dont be so hard on yourself.

I am the co-King of Transcendent FunKtions and if you come seeking me, I assure you that one of my loyal (sometimes) subjects will direct you to the super busy me. I may be taking a bath or having a private swim with some dirty little bitches, or getting a massage but I'm sure that if you have to wait long, you will not be bored.

Tomas Verde
nostratomas

Postby Tay » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:59 pm

Damn - that's what I get for getting entirely buried up to my eyeballs in a project right before heading to BRC. It sounds like we might have set up something great there this year - but what does everyone say we keep this going and set something up next year.

I like the idea of a film festival on the Playa - but having never made a BM film - since I don't have the guts to bring my gear out in the dust - and I'm a little ambivilent about cameras there in the first place - would it be possible to show any old film we've made? What do you all think? If we start planning now...

And thanks for responding to all this and making this actually live.

By the way - how was everyone's burn?
Tay

Return to 2004 Share