Pee Jugs?

Talk about your camp or project's LNT plans (and MOOP problems) here. Ask questions or share ideas on what works and what doesn't.

Postby MyDearFriend » Sun May 15, 2011 5:32 am

Clar-i-ty wrote:
MyDearFriend wrote:
Clar-i-ty wrote:Personally I don't generally use them...I'm generally fortunate enough to be close but not too close to the JOTS.

That said my thought is something with a large opening but a handle.

My aim just ain't what it use to be.

Yeah, I think I would just as soon stumble to the JOTS as fumble with a jug and then empty it etc.

Having emptied uncounted thousands of urinal jugs over the past 30+ years, I am grateful to be able to manage without one, frankly.

But, knowing that I don't know what I don't know, I will bring a jug and hope I never need it. 8)

Which reminds me of my decompression camping trip last year.

I got to the camp site late, didn't have dinner then drank Sailor Jerry's later into the night, which resulted in a 2:30AM frantic stumble to the outhouse in which I tripped over the parking pillars, and still managed to hold my bladder as I tumbled down a moderate grade. I credit years of training from the Playa.

Pee jug would have been good then.

Yup I hear that!!! Strong work there, though!

I tend to plan ahead real good for my moments of impaired judgement, but for some reason, when push comes to shove... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby Clar-i-ty » Sun May 15, 2011 5:47 am

MyDearFriend wrote:
Clar-i-ty wrote:
MyDearFriend wrote:
Clar-i-ty wrote:Personally I don't generally use them...I'm generally fortunate enough to be close but not too close to the JOTS.

Yeah, I think I would just as soon stumble to the JOTS as fumble with a jug and then empty it etc.

Having emptied uncounted thousands of urinal jugs over the past 30+ years, I am grateful to be able to manage without one, frankly.

But, knowing that I don't know what I don't know, I will bring a jug and hope I never need it. 8)

I got to the camp site late, didn't have dinner then drank Sailor Jerry's later into the night, which resulted in a 2:30AM frantic stumble to the outhouse in which I tripped over the parking pillars, and still managed to hold my bladder as I tumbled down a moderate grade. I credit years of training from the Playa.

I tend to plan ahead real good for my moments of impaired judgement, but for some reason, when push comes to shove... :lol: :lol: :lol:

An experienced drunk knows to hit the JOTS before hitting the cots.
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
Clar-i-ty

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Postby robbidobbs » Tue May 17, 2011 12:40 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:
Clar-i-ty wrote:
MyDearFriend wrote:

Good judgment is a fine thing. Any twist top jug, including those .5 quart crystal springs bottles, will do the job. The trick is to get it all into the container.
THANKYOUZOE!

The best public service for getting piss into a jug is from Pee Funnel Camp. It not only helps those with internal plumbing, but those gents with hardware on their junk.

FWIW,

Hazzah!

RobbiDobbs
Chief Poopervisor of the Pottie-Project
Director: Dept of Excremental Correctness
Sometimes I just tickle myself.
13 years of doing the porta-potties wrong.
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Dept of Over-Engineering

Postby duder9000 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:25 pm

I found a product called TravelJohns that are great for the Entrance and Exodus, when you don't want to/can't run to a porta potty and you don't want pee swishing around your car for 5 hours in a jug.

They are a one-time-use bag with a curved spout, once the pee hits it a gel inside super-expands, turns solid, and masks any smell. Before use they are rolled up into the size of a salt shaker so you can keep one in your glovebox for non-playa anytime use too!

My first burn I entered by myself and had to use the traveljohn when the line was rolling and not stopped, one arm steering, one arm holding the bag, one foot bracing my half-stand, one foot gas/brake. I'm a girl and didn't spill a drop with these suckers!

You can get em at Pep Boys or sporting goods stores. traveljohn.com
duder9000

Postby Minxy » Tue May 17, 2011 2:44 pm

This post is full of win.

duder9000 wrote:I found a product called TravelJohns that are great for the Entrance and Exodus, when you don't want to/can't run to a porta potty and you don't want pee swishing around your car for 5 hours in a jug.

They are a one-time-use bag with a curved spout, once the pee hits it a gel inside super-expands, turns solid, and masks any smell. Before use they are rolled up into the size of a salt shaker so you can keep one in your glovebox for non-playa anytime use too!

My first burn I entered by myself and had to use the traveljohn when the line was rolling and not stopped, one arm steering, one arm holding the bag, one foot bracing my half-stand, one foot gas/brake. I'm a girl and didn't spill a drop with these suckers!

Minxy

Postby MyDearFriend » Tue May 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Minxy wrote:This post is full of win.

duder9000 wrote:I found a product called TravelJohns that are great for the Entrance and Exodus, when you don't want to/can't run to a porta potty and you don't want pee swishing around your car for 5 hours in a jug.

Yes indeedy, and, you can get them at Amazon, too. 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue May 17, 2011 6:03 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:

Because of the avatar's scary glowing eyes, I reject this win!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby duder9000 » Wed May 18, 2011 3:40 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
MyDearFriend wrote:

BLEARGH heeeHAWWWWWWW Are You Quite Suuuuuuurrre?
duder9000

Postby capjbadger » Wed May 18, 2011 5:04 pm

duder9000 wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:
MyDearFriend wrote:

Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed May 18, 2011 8:26 pm

Now, I've done it. Hypno-Toad is loose!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby robbidobbs » Tue May 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Look at it...
LOOK AT IT!

Hypno Toad is everywhere.
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Dept of Over-Engineering

Postby CaverX » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Whats all the hubub... its just a drawing of a .... All Glory to the hypnotoad...

capjbadger wrote:
duder9000 wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:
MyDearFriend wrote:

CaverX

Postby Paydirt » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:08 am

Don't use an apple juice jug because..well mistakes have been known to happen!
Paydirt

p-jug

Postby tatonka » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:14 pm

every night I got to get up and pee . Leaving my warm room and going into the cold bathroom was a pain. Well since I am going to use a p-jug out there on the playa , I started practiseing useing it.
Really helps falling back alseep when ya dont have to move around much. Found it to be smelly tho , so I would put rinse water in jug and some vinegar and no smell :)
winners never quit , quitters never win

4 wheels move the body , two wheels moves the soul

Music is the great healer of the soul
tatonka

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Re: p-jug

Postby maladroit » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:11 pm

Peeing in a jug doesn't require 1/3 of a year of practice to get right.
maladroit

Burning Since: 2012

Postby trilobyte » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:46 pm

Moving this over to the general Q&A board since that's a better fit.

In response to the thread, you could also just not be lazy and get up and go to the porta-potty. I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night most of the time too, it's not really that big a deal.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Pee Jugs?

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:04 am

bump
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Captain Goddammit » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 am

Pampers.
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Fuck The Vehicle Passes

Postby SquirrelHead » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:45 am

I used a gallon jug after I emptied it but made sure to decorate it all over so that I would know it wasn't for drinking. I also made sure to put it out of arms reach from the bed and always had 1-2 with water close to the bed. No issues all week.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
dirty little reclaimed BURGIN. Ruining Burning Man since 2012.
SquirrelHead

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Savannah » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 am

I've merged all the p-jugs into one place. :)

I don't think using a jug is necessarily about laziness. Some of us (me, anyway) sleep wretchedly lightly, and a brisk walk in cold air makes it difficult to go back to sleep. I can't nap during the day, even in an air-conditioned space.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:01 am

Not staying hydrated on the playa= Wizzdumb! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby dragonpilot » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:27 pm

My jug is marked "DRAGON PEE" in big Sharpy letters.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby JayBobBoy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:33 pm

I've had an older boat for years. Instead of using the plumbing on board, we've always used one of these. The last two times we've been to the burn we set up a small dome tent with this inside to create our own private potty space.

Just don't let your neighbors know what's going on inside!
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
JayBobBoy

Burning Since: 2002

Postby Krokodyle » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:45 pm

I take it the bottom unlatches and you take it to the portos to dump it?
I can't help it, I'm a born lever-puller.
Krokodyle

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: (Endorphin) Orphans Too

Postby jcliff » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Lady people...go with a plastic coffee can. The nice wide opening is very forgiving. My issue is this: I was a happy pee jug user when I was a tent dweller. Last year was my first year with my new to me but old motorhomegirl. She doesn't have useable plumbing due to cracked grey and black water tanks. I share my RV with a male friend. Even though he's a good friend and mellow as can be, I can't bring myself to pee in a jug when he is sleeping right next to me in very close quarters. So last year I found myself doing a 4-5 am jot run every morning. Even though it's a short walk to my village jots, it's so disruptive to the little sleep I get. I need to muster the courage to get over my pee problem or find a workable solution. (First World Problem)
jcliff

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Lamplighter Village

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:53 pm

jcliff wrote:Lady people...go with a plastic coffee can. The nice wide opening is very forgiving. My issue is this: I was a happy pee jug user when I was a tent dweller. Last year was my first year with my new to me but old motorhomegirl. She doesn't have useable plumbing due to cracked grey and black water tanks. I share my RV with a male friend. Even though he's a good friend and mellow as can be, I can't bring myself to pee in a jug when he is sleeping right next to me in very close quarters. So last year I found myself doing a 4-5 am jot run every morning. Even though it's a short walk to my village jots, it's so disruptive to the little sleep I get. I need to muster the courage to get over my pee problem or find a workable solution. (First World Problem)

HOw about using a pee jug in your bathroom?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:Pampers.

Nu-uh. I'm not an Asstronaut.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby maryanimal » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:28 pm

jcliff wrote:Lady people...go with a plastic coffee can. The nice wide opening is very forgiving. My issue is this: I was a happy pee jug user when I was a tent dweller. Last year was my first year with my new to me but old motorhomegirl. She doesn't have useable plumbing due to cracked grey and black water tanks. I share my RV with a male friend. Even though he's a good friend and mellow as can be, I can't bring myself to pee in a jug when he is sleeping right next to me in very close quarters. So last year I found myself doing a 4-5 am jot run every morning. Even though it's a short walk to my village jots, it's so disruptive to the little sleep I get. I need to muster the courage to get over my pee problem or find a workable solution. (First World Problem)

I may have an answer for you. Go to a medical supply store and buy some condom catheters. It's a condom with a length of small tubing attached to it (and NO it doesn't need insertion in case you're wondering). That way you can pee in your bottle without making a wee (no pun intended) hours of the morning run to the jots. :D 8)

[media]
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby Savannah » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:47 pm

An automotive funnel with an oval mouth (about $3) will also help bridge the gap, so will a Freshette, for $20 more. You'll need to practice a few times in the real world. And please note, eplaya user MyDearFriend will get pissed (pun not intended; but happily left in) if ladies pee standing up all the time, because done constantly it could weaken your muscles. For a week a year, I risk it a few times a day and I ain't sorry; your mileage may vary. :)

I cannot recommend the "Go Girl" funnel. Too squishy; seals poorly. I believe AntiM found it similarly disappointing.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Postby Boijoy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:27 pm

yeah.. the "go girl" is strange.. I HATE feeling the warm temp of my pee too !! In my tent I use one of those 5 gallong bucket with the removable toilet lid. I like to take a nice "sit" :-)
don't forget to floss
Boijoy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

PreviousNext

Return to Leave No Trace