awesome reno

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Postby MyDearFriend » Tue May 31, 2011 9:07 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:In order to try and assist your Indian Taco jones, as you leave Nixon heading towards the playa, several miles out of town on the left (west side of 447) just as you crest a rather large hill, will be a stand that is usually open. The problem is if you're barreling down at 70 MPH (or faster) you'll be by it before you know it and there are no places to turn around, so you're screwed. This happened to me in 2011. It will not happen in 2012. Beside, I'll have ~~people~~ newbies with me who need to experience it. MDF and Graidawg, we are caravanning together out of Reno, right? I need to pick up Mel and maybe Kristi at the Sands, and then it's on to the playa.

My treat on the Indian tacos by the way!

[edit] This advice is only for those arriving early. Come Monday many stands are open for the duration.

Doc I would dearly love to let you buy me an Indian Taco. 8) Graidawg and I will be driving up from Las Vegas and hadn't planned on hitting Reno on the way up, but, it's not to far out of our way. What time are you picking up Mel?

We are definitely coming through Reno on the way back; I've booked a room at the Sands already, thanks for the tip Doc!
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue May 31, 2011 1:50 pm

You can meet up with us in Wadsworth rather than backtracking. We'll pick up Mel right at 11:00, gas up in Sparks, and should be in Wadsworth around 11:30. We met up with Laura and Stu there last year and it worked out great. I'll make sure you have my cell number in plenty of time. You will love Indian tacos, trust me on this. Unless you're a vegetarian, in which case they probably suck, like most vegetarian dishes.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby tamarakay » Tue May 31, 2011 2:16 pm

hmmm, sounds like ken and i need to get in on all this meeting up stuff. So, can someone tell this Texan (who eats TexMex tacos) what the heck an Indian Taco is? I might have to bring my taco fixings and show you guys what a REAL taco is.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue May 31, 2011 6:06 pm

Whatever. Indian tacos are basically tacos but with fry bread, not tortillas.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby MyDearFriend » Tue May 31, 2011 6:06 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:You can meet up with us in Wadsworth rather than backtracking. We'll pick up Mel right at 11:00, gas up in Sparks, and should be in Wadsworth around 11:30. We met up with Laura and Stu there last year and it worked out great. I'll make sure you have my cell number in plenty of time. You will love Indian tacos, trust me on this. Unless you're a vegetarian, in which case they probably suck, like most vegetarian dishes.

Wadsworth, 11:30 AM, Saturday the 27th, got it. 8)

No I am not a vegetarian, Doc; I am made of meat and moderately sensible.

tamarakay wrote:hmmm, sounds like ken and i need to get in on all this meeting up stuff. So, can someone tell this Texan (who eats TexMex tacos) what the heck an Indian Taco is? I might have to bring my taco fixings and show you guys what a REAL taco is.

All I know about Indian tacos is, that the ones they sell at the Smithsonian Indian Museum cafe are wrapped in fry bread instead of tortillas.

And, I would feel honored to arrive at BRC in convoy with both the Notorious Pyromobile and your lovely Airstream, Tamara! :D

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:58 am

Sounds like we have ourselves a party on wheels!
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:28 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:Sounds like we have ourselves a party on wheels!

Woo hoo, y'all, 84 days!

8) 8) 8)

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Postby graidawg » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:36 am

MyDearFriend wrote:
Dr. Pyro wrote:Sounds like we have ourselves a party on wheels!

Woo hoo, y'all, 84 days!

8) 8) 8)

CONVOY!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N99Vdxu9LQs[/youtube]
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Elorrum » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Do not be confused by the signs that say NDN tacos. Apparently there are sign makers who ration their ink. I past a few trying to figure out if that was a high school, or civic organization.
Vada a bordo, cazzo!
There’s no WIFI but you’ll surely make a better connection.
Elorrum

Sushi

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm told our own little town (Reno) is the all-you-can-eat sushi capital of the world. Granted, it's not AAAA grade, but you'll find good AA to AAA grade in every other strip mall. Really hits the spot after the playa and averages around $15 for lunch and $20 for dinner.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Re: Sushi

Postby Snow » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:I'm told our own little town (Reno) is the all-you-can-eat sushi capital of the world. Granted, it's not AAAA grade, but you'll find good AA to AAA grade in every other strip mall. Really hits the spot after the playa and averages around $15 for lunch and $20 for dinner.
That it is, that it is. You don't realize how spoiled we are until you go to sushi elsewhere. mmmmm sushi!
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam
Snow

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:16 am

I will not post the green sushi article. I will not post the gre...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Re: Sushi

Postby LostinReno » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:54 am

Snow wrote:
Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:I'm told our own little town (Reno) is the all-you-can-eat sushi capital of the world. Granted, it's not AAAA grade, but you'll find good AA to AAA grade in every other strip mall. Really hits the spot after the playa and averages around $15 for lunch and $20 for dinner.
That it is, that it is. You don't realize how spoiled we are until you go to sushi elsewhere. mmmmm sushi!

I can't seem to find crystal shrimp anywhere but Reno, have looked in Sac and Vegas to no avail. Sushi Time is my personal favorite (On Vista, about 3 miles north of the I-80 exit). They don't use a crap ton of rice and some dishes don't even have rice. The volcano is my fave, seared Ahi towered around spicy tuna and green onions. nom, nom, nom.
LostinReno

Burning Since: 2009

Postby graidawg » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:58 am

meh! sushi i can live without. my ex loved it and would go miles to get a raw fish i like my food red and preferably still running
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:42 pm

Sushi makes for a shitty burrito.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby AntiM » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:44 am

Twelve years in Japan and I still don't care for most types of sushi. Except for inari zushi with generous amounts of pickled pink ginger, and any ebi or ika varieties. And tako! oishi desu!

I had fry bread with fresh strawberries and whipped cream in NM. Yum yum yum.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man