MONTANA BURNERS

Postby Elorrum » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:05 pm

tamarakay wrote:dang, it's hard to come up with something that hasn't been done out there lol

When you see a few of your thoughts and favorite jokes and puns rolling around huger than life, it just knocks you sideways!!!
Elorrum

Postby montanaprometheus » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:29 pm

Utah sounds promising, anyone know where at in UT? Helena would be awesome, please someone tell me they have info on Helena, there are, as of yesterday, no listings for MT in the Regional section.

I'll make a point of looking you up Tamara if you want. The hand basket was a great idea and as such I'm not surprised someone beat you to it. Don't worry about hell though, I'm a heathen in the land of churches here also. As Abbey said don't trust a town with more churches than bars, and my town is untrustworthy also.
Nipples; what we used before the invention of Silly Putty.
montanaprometheus

Postby AntiM » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:46 am

You can find the Utah burn at element11.org. Held in Grantsville, near Tooele, just off I-80. West of SLC. Was held in June, but we've had a couple years of bad weather and everyone is looking at July for feasibility. Idaho has a small burn, but as far as I know, they don't advertise much.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby curiousgnate » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:41 pm

You could always come down to Apogaea in Colorado. Its a great burn!!!!
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!
curiousgnate

Postby Parasitoid » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:03 pm

There are plenty of Montanans not camping with Nexus. Not sure what else to tell you on that one.

The Montana regional contact is on the regional page.

Were you at the Bangarang last night?
Parasitoid

Postby Parasitoid » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:02 am

or perhaps the dusty britches event?
Parasitoid

Postby montanaprometheus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Is that the Utah event where clothes are mandatory..even when showering?

George lake? Is that the one people race jeeps on in the winter? I have friends in family in CO, hummm.

I didn't drink any alcohol on new years (the first time in 18 years) but had a really great mind expanding time.
montanaprometheus

Postby montanaprometheus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:23 pm

Parasitoid wrote:or perhaps the dusty britches event?

I live almost a hundred miles into the mountains from The Zoo, but I would have gone had I heard about it before today. Was this held at The Wilma?
montanaprometheus

Never mind

Postby montanaprometheus » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Disregard my request for joining a theme camp. Thanks to everyone who PMed me invitations. I'm going to follow the advice of many veteran burns and go solo this year... I am intrigued by the anarchy in action that stag camp seems to embrace, and will perhaps end up there...but who knows.
montanaprometheus

Montana Burners '11?

Postby JenJennyJennifer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:03 am

Hey whos heading South? Anyone needing a rideshare? I am flexible. It my first time. Im not really sure a theme camp is my cup of tea but I really have no idea. Just looking for someone to share gas and driving responsibilities with.

Jenny :idea:
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
JenJennyJennifer

missoula theme camp

Postby ninalove » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:51 am

i've heard a lot about a missoula theme camp for 2011. it is all still in the works but many people from montana should be camping there. there should be a communal kitchen, grey water disposal and a shower station. I'd imagine it having some sort of "zoo theme" but really it should just be a lovely confetti of a bunch of montana folk, young and old.

i haven't decided if i'm camping with them yet, although the idea sounds nice. i camped with sacred spaces village myself last year and it was a good experience, with the workshops and vegan meal plan and all but it did come with a price tag i found well worth it.

the first year is always fun. just make sure you read all through the survival guide and the restrictions for burning man and you will be set. god knows what will happen on the playa but it never hurts to set a general intention of what you wish to get out of it. don't be afraid to share, even if some people have already expressed judgements online. come as you are and soak it all up.
ninalove

Burning Since: 2013

Postby ninalove » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:55 am

[quote="Parasitoid"]There are plenty of Montanans not camping with Nexus. Not sure what else to tell you on that one.

The Montana regional contact is on the regional page.

Were you at the Bangarang last night?[/quote]

if you are addressing me,

nope, i haven't been to too many music lives here events because they are usually in the bozeman/billings area and i live in missoula and work weekend graveyards, unfortunately. but i definitely know when things are happening! i would be at all of them if i could!
ninalove

Burning Since: 2013

What up Montana!!!

Postby Funkpocket » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:05 pm

First rule...

Lots of bitches...seriously

bring lots of bacon...it can get you out of anything

-do not mess with the BRC postal workers

sail bike sounds cool, but it might work better out in the deep playa.

Everyone knows everything, but your from Montana so fuck em'

Oh the frowns you will get over the pine needles, but by Saturday Night no one will give a flip... Just clean your shit Sunday.

Galt camp would be cool...

Hope to see you...I'll be hangin around the burn barrels 4am ish.

Last thing

they will bust your balls about the glow sticks.

Like I said, lots of bitches
Funkpocket

Re: What up Montana!!!

Postby montanaprometheus » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:56 am

Funkpocket wrote:Galt camp would be cool...

I agree.

This is the first thing anyone sees when they approach my property:

montanaprometheus

Postby Madam_Mim » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:44 pm

I am happy to see so many people from Montana going this year!! I know there are a few of us from the flathead valley that are going. I hope we can all meet up!! :mrgreen:
Madam_Mim

NYC to MT to Playa

Postby cazzissimo » Mon May 02, 2011 9:46 am

We are a couple planning a trip from NYC to the northern Rockies in August before going down to the playa. Would it be a realistic possibility that the two of us could catch a lift down to the playa (one-way) with someone from MT who is playa-bound? We would, of course, chip in for gas and help drive too.

It's a long way off still, but one-way car rentals are ridiculous, so we are trying to explore other options.

Another option for us would be to buy a cheap car in MT, drive it into the mountains, to the playa, and then to CA, where we can try to sell before we fly back to NYC.

Would appreciate any thoughts (as to both options)! Would love to meet up with MT brethren once we get there too!
cazzissimo

Postby montanaprometheus » Tue May 03, 2011 5:08 pm

Bump.
Any news on a Montana camp?

I'm really looking forward to staying at Stag Camp... but if things get too crazy it would be nice to know where to go to get back with "my" people.
montanaprometheus

37 is old??

Postby Dichotomy_Man » Tue May 24, 2011 8:13 am

I remember 37, I still felt young.... 37 years ago -1973, I was a junior in High School.

As a first time burner, one 1/2 months shy of 57, I think you need to rethink your attitude towrds age my young Jedi.

If you feel old at 37, you'll feel down-right toothless and decrepit at 45.

Hell, I was still mountin climbing when I was 37. I still hadn't begun touring Europe- the first time.

Never think of "old age" as anything but an outsider's frame of your mind, if you force yourself into the confines of what the "world" pictures you as, you'll miss way too much of life. Break out of it.

Burn-Baby-Burn. Experience the moment! :roll:
Life is what happens to you, when you're not looking. Bill~
(a/k/a Lion_in_Winter)
Dichotomy_Man

Re: MONTANA BURNERS

Postby swampdog » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:22 pm

a demographic peculiarity of Burning Man is that peak child bearing ages (say about 25 to 35) are somewhat under represented. Lots of younkers come, but it's hard when there are kids around. Then as the kids stabilize and/or start moving out the numbers start to climb back up. LOTS of us old bastards - at 50-ish I feel (demographically) quite comfortable. This is based on my observation only.
swampdog

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:07 am

Started in my late 20's, now here I am in my mid 40's.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby montanaprometheus » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:34 pm

I posted this on the rideshare site too, but I have extra room for people and stuff on my way down. If anyone is interested (I'm between Butte and Missoula) email me: montanaiceweasel@gmail.com.
montanaprometheus

Postby iconoplastyfervor » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:14 am

Virgin looking to join a group/camp or start one with others. I have been wanting to go for years and will (hopefully) get a ticket in the lottery for 2012. I plan on building a tee-pee like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYwHToAC3iY

I have lots of camping gear, music instruments, solar experience (incl. plumbing), wood shop. Also checking out geodesic domes. I have thought about a way to make a steam powered whistle or pipe organ, if practical, with ball valves and a bunch of other crazy shit. I'm really open to ideas, ready to explore possibilities!
Drinking for my blood type.

Fuse is lit, Ray. Windows are up.

Burning Man - You'll pay to find out what it's like to not use money!
iconoplastyfervor

Postby iconoplastyfervor » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:58 pm

Anyone looking for MT events: check out the Helena Art and Freak Festival on FB. It's in Feb.

iconoplastyfervor

Postby iconoplastyfervor » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:59 pm

We have 3 people in Bozeman looking to start a camp or join a larger one, all have tickets! Preferably looking for MT groups, the closer the better. Can contribute cooking and shower gear, along with lots of creative energy!

iconoplastyfervor

Postby trilobyte » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:44 pm

For kicks, consider psoting your interest to form a camp for the 2012 event in the 2012 Theme Camps board.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Previous

Return to 2011 Theme Camps