Observations on first timers.

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Postby illy dilly » Fri May 20, 2011 11:54 am

Speedbump wrote:In 2009 I was a virgin and came along with a friend. My fiancé was recovering from surgery and I felt better about her being home honestly since I had no idea what to expect. We joined a theme camp and were at 3&E. It was a great time. We brought too much food and water and not enough costumes.

Thats Crazy! 2009 was our first year we ended up at 3:30&E! We camped with our very experienced buddies 'baby batter camp' Had like 3 carports and played a bit of music during the day. They did a hell of a job preparing us for the burn.
We brought way too much booze, and not enough beer. We had a shit tone of water and just the right amount of food.

Speedbump wrote: In 2010 my wife and a friend (both virgins) joined me. My experience the first year helped but now having two virgins with me, again I brought too much food and water and our tent which should have slept three was big enough for 8.

This year we’re both looking forward and are well prepared. We have however sworn off traveling to BM with others. Babysitting someone for days on end really can be somewhat distracting. There’s plenty of virgins around without us bringing one of our very own.

Thats interesting. Me and my GF were newbs in 2009, I brought my sister and my best friend Panda in 2010. This year the 4 of us are bring 8 newbs with us. I plan to bring newbs every year until all my friends and family have had a chance to see how amazing BRC really is.
Though, I do a hell of a job making sure my birgins are very well prepared.
A prepared newb is great, an unprepared newb is a pain in everyone's ass!
I kinda feel like its every burners job to bring prepared newbs, and if you hear of someone that is going that is unprepared, try to help them get ready or tell them to stay their lazy ass at home.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby worksofheart » Sun May 22, 2011 11:48 pm

Sooo...I'll be a noob in 2012...and am formulating plans now...so hopefully I'll be well-prepared!?! And now I know--no wandering barefooted the dark without blinky lights...':lol:'
"If you've never tried, you should, these things are fun, and fun is good!"~~Dr. Seuss
worksofheart

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man