looking for the right tent.

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Postby hookahdude » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:42 pm

That is a good point - once I get it here and set up I will do some "Scale Photos" of my son in it - he is 6'. Good point of refernce for those with questions.
Hookah Dude
"In war-time the word patriotism means suppression of truth” - Siegfried Sassoon
I AM AN ASSHAT!!!
(Shooting for 2012 with my better half!)
hookahdude

Postby westnileraven » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:56 am

Darn, the Kodiaks are cheaper.

My Springbar bedroom has two doors and a window. In the expandable tent series, it can zip into a shade shelter or this other bigger tent component thing and make a canvas warren!! :> This idea excites me beyond all reason. BLANKET FORT!
I admit for an enormous, vertical tent- it starkly devoid of interior loops and pockets and hanging collapsible shelves....
(writes 'gets hanging collapsible shelves' down on her hand)

I'm going to buy the shade bit and park the bedroom under it and maybe I'll be able to sleep in the daytime. :)

If I were to do it over again I might go with a multiroom dome, air filters sewn in the mesh windows, under a quonset or 'cube of tarps and pipe shade.' But then, I'm 5'2 and I have to tip toes to affix anything to the ceiling of my springbar.
westnileraven

My tent

Postby nosambos » Sat May 14, 2011 8:15 pm

This is what I just ordered. I'm very excited.

http://www.best4tents.com/shoppingcart/ ... -TENT.html
nosambos

Previous

Return to Shelter & Camping