Pee Jugs?

Talk about your camp or project's LNT plans (and MOOP problems) here. Ask questions or share ideas on what works and what doesn't.

Pee Jugs?

Postby nosambos » Fri May 13, 2011 11:10 am

I understand the pee jug thing. Does this mean there is a long line of folks with jugs in hand standing at the port-o-potties in the AM?
nosambos

Postby Savannah » Fri May 13, 2011 11:22 am

There are enough portapotties that there is generally either just one person ahead of you, or no waiting. If you only have a jug to dump, you can use the urinal to empty into and it's even faster.

There is usually one large portapotty with an open door and a trough much like a public urinal; this is also great for emptying a bottle into, although I admit it's a strange sensation, as a woman, to venture into a bathroom patronized usually by men.

One of the other ePlayans suggested using a fabric softener bottle, because it's large, opaque and easy to distinguish from water bottles, in the dark. I'm totally going to borrow this idea.

The portapotties are cleaned a lot, but late at night near a big rave there may be a wait for a bathroom in good condition.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby snake » Fri May 13, 2011 11:35 am

i like using the folger's plastic coffee cans with snap lids, i get them at work. red for him, and green for me. nice big opening.
snake

Postby shykat » Fri May 13, 2011 12:14 pm

The large size Tropicana oj bottles are perfect.Large opeing and i always attach a small peice of rope to the lid to prevent losing it and it also acts as a handle.

When i had roomates i always used a pee jug in my bedroom for late night drains..............
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to ...Jimi Hendrix
shykat

Postby Bounce530 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:30 pm

Savannah wrote:There is usually one large portapotty with an open door and a trough much like a public urinal; this is also great for emptying a bottle into, although I admit it's a strange sensation, as a woman, to venture into a bathroom patronized usually by men.

Even wierder sensation when some ass hat drags his bicycle into the trough hut cause "I paid too much for this bicycle for it to be stolen" and while hie's flumbling around with the bike in the hut you end up getting jammed in the ass with the handle bar!
Pee jugs in the huts- OK
Bikes in the huts- NOT ok
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby FIGJAM » Fri May 13, 2011 12:40 pm

I save these through the year and gift em.

"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby jkisha » Fri May 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Mostly we use them to avoid a walk to the jots in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning. Other than around the big sound camps, there are hardly any lines at the jots. And the further out you go they are even less used (hence cleaner).
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby VeganChoirGirl » Fri May 13, 2011 2:39 pm

I LOVE MY PEE JUG! And I agree, I am stealing that fabric softener jug idea, FOR SURE!
Finally moving to SF...can't WAIT!
VeganChoirGirl

Postby delle » Fri May 13, 2011 2:40 pm

Figjam, I sure hope that's oj dregs in there and not leftover driedup pee from last year.

I'm very glad to read that there actually are urinals. At some point I was led to believe they were a myth... and when I started thinking about what a mess they'd be unprotected from the dust, I just settled into a "no urinals for me" mode, where all my practice with my shewee was good only for local outdoor parties here (where I'm a freaking SENSATION with it, letmetellyou) and in-tent, in-bottle convenience.
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Postby C187 » Fri May 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Yep you can find the stand up loo acting as an endcap to the aisle of blue. They are larger then the normal porta's and contain two troth's.

I would think a OJ container would be easier to handle vs a fabric softer container. But then again, what do I know.
C187

Camp Name: Stag Camp 8.0

Postby Minxy » Fri May 13, 2011 3:04 pm

Pee jugs are awesome. Or pee buckets. Pee coffee cans. I've purchased various funnel/hose/nozzle thingies at Home Depot and Harbor Freight that have been super helpful in the past.

I usually carry something of that sort along with me for longgggg trips just in case I get stuck somewhere. Like exodus/entry line, for example.

It may be TMI, but when I was stuck in Exodus once I had to go so bad I was about to explode. I was so desperate I got out of my car (left it in line as everyone had been sitting still for about 30 minutes) and ran to a nearby solo porta potty. It was COMPLETELY overflowing inside and horrible.

I ran back climbed into the back of my minivan and used an empty large size coffee can I was taking home as trash.

Gross, maybe, but seriously necessary. You do what ya gotta do!
Minxy

Postby FIGJAM » Fri May 13, 2011 3:37 pm

delle wrote:Figjam, I sure hope that's oj dregs in there and not leftover driedup pee from last year.

I'm very glad to read that there actually are urinals. At some point I was led to believe they were a myth... and when I started thinking about what a mess they'd be unprotected from the dust, I just settled into a "no urinals for me" mode, where all my practice with my shewee was good only for local outdoor parties here (where I'm a freaking SENSATION with it, letmetellyou) and in-tent, in-bottle convenience.

:lol: Saw the thread and checked the fridge, drank the oj and took the pic before I rinced it for storage.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 13, 2011 5:53 pm

C187 wrote:Yep you can find the stand up loo acting as an endcap to the aisle of blue. They are larger then the normal porta's and contain two troth's.

I would think a OJ container would be easier to handle vs a fabric softer container. But then again, what do I know.

You know enough to use the term "loo."
My family used it for years after we got home. But since no one knew what we meant, we eventually stopped.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby capjbadger » Fri May 13, 2011 6:11 pm

The gallonsize gatorade jugs are perfect. Built in handle:

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby ibdave » Fri May 13, 2011 9:05 pm

FIGJAM wrote:I save these through the year and gift em.

kilbuck made a great label "pee jug" for this size jug...
i'll lOOk around.

8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby motskyroonmatick » Fri May 13, 2011 9:25 pm

I have used a big 2 gallon bucket. Its not very discrete and um.... I get a little :oops: carrying it at times when someone calls me over to have a conversation. I'm going with the laundry detergent container one of my Xes left here many years ago. First I have to use the detergent up though. I'll catch hell for sweet smelling clothes at work but I'll call it prep for the burn and it will be all worth while. :)
ImageHa ha ha ha. The name is fun too. Might add a s to the end.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Bexx » Fri May 13, 2011 10:09 pm

I used one of my empty gallon water bottles. Then used a canvas grocery bag to cart it to the porgies. I like the idea of the fabric softener bottles tho!

Also my iPad auto corrected "potties" to "porgies" I think that is what imna call them for now on!
fuckshit-tit-balls-goddamn motherfucker../Little Miss Swears A Lot!
Bexx

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp _____ (cock and balls)

Postby jkisha » Fri May 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Bexx wrote:I used one of my empty gallon water bottles. Then used a canvas grocery bag to cart it to the porgies. I like the idea of the fabric softener bottles tho!

Also my iPad auto corrected "potties" to "porgies" I think that is what imna call them for now on!

That iPad auto-correct is something else! Catches me all the time.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Token » Sat May 14, 2011 4:54 pm

It is just fucking amazing how much advice there is to be given on something as rudimentary as taking a piss.
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat May 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Leave it to burners to leave no stone unturned on any subject of preparedness.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Postby Dr Helix » Sat May 14, 2011 7:11 pm

FIGJAM wrote:I save these through the year and gift em.

Nothing says "I love you" like a pee jug
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby ygmir » Sat May 14, 2011 7:35 pm

usually, by now, a simply answered thread like this has drifted into hillarity.........'cmon people......where's the funny:

"Hey, that's not hair conditioner, that's my pee jug". stories.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat May 14, 2011 9:11 pm

ygmir wrote:usually, by now, a simply answered thread like this has drifted into hillarity.........'cmon people......where's the funny:

We don't want to hurt your feelings by dredging up the mistakes and embarrassments of your past.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby ygmir » Sat May 14, 2011 10:00 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
ygmir wrote:usually, by now, a simply answered thread like this has drifted into hillarity.........'cmon people......where's the funny:

We don't want to hurt your feelings by dredging up the mistakes and embarrassments of your past.

Ah, kind of you Fishy...............but, I'm as happy to laugh at me, as I am at others.

it's all about the laughing, afterall.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby oneeyeddick » Sat May 14, 2011 10:09 pm

I use a 5 gallon gascan, and then leave it out where someone might steal it thinking it gas for thier artcar/gennie.

This tactic has only backfired once.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat May 14, 2011 10:23 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sun May 15, 2011 12:18 am

oneeyeddick wrote:I use a 5 gallon gascan, and then leave it out where someone might steal it thinking it gas for thier artcar/gennie.

This tactic has only backfired once.

Ha ha ha ha ha! I left a gas can of icky grey water next to my garbage can for three weeks once. It got "stolen." I only wonder with glee what hell the person went through if they emptied it in to their tank. OMG!

Being of the mechanical type....Oh fuck that would be terrible.

motskyroonmatick

Postby Clar-i-ty » Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 am

Personally I don't generally use them...I'm generally fortunate enough to be close but not too close to the JOTS.

That said my thought is something with a large opening but a handle.

My aim just ain't what it use to be.
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
Clar-i-ty

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Postby MyDearFriend » Sun May 15, 2011 5:12 am

Clar-i-ty wrote:Personally I don't generally use them...I'm generally fortunate enough to be close but not too close to the JOTS.

Yeah, I think I would just as soon stumble to the JOTS as fumble with a jug and then empty it etc.

Having emptied uncounted thousands of urinal jugs over the past 30+ years, I am grateful to be able to manage without one, frankly.

But, knowing that I don't know what I don't know, I will bring a jug and hope I never need it. 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby Clar-i-ty » Sun May 15, 2011 5:23 am

MyDearFriend wrote:
Clar-i-ty wrote:Personally I don't generally use them...I'm generally fortunate enough to be close but not too close to the JOTS.

Yeah, I think I would just as soon stumble to the JOTS as fumble with a jug and then empty it etc.

Having emptied uncounted thousands of urinal jugs over the past 30+ years, I am grateful to be able to manage without one, frankly.

But, knowing that I don't know what I don't know, I will bring a jug and hope I never need it. 8)

Which reminds me of my decompression camping trip last year.

I got to the camp site late, didn't have dinner then drank Sailor Jerry's later into the night, which resulted in a 2:30AM frantic stumble to the outhouse in which I tripped over the parking pillars, and still managed to hold my bladder as I tumbled down a moderate grade. I credit years of training from the Playa.

Pee jug would have been good then.
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
Clar-i-ty

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Next

Return to Leave No Trace