Camper Van Rentals?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Camper Van Rentals?

Postby sun4all » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:08 pm

My partner and I have been doing the 'sleep in the back of a min-van' thing at BM for several years now. We'd like to rent and possibly buy a small camper van for BM and other travel uses. The reason for wanting something bigger is that we need the space and comfort. It is kind of hard to work on wearable art when you are crammed into a tiny mini-van :). We have also become involved with a large scale BM art group and it would be very nice to be able to sleep in a comfy bed after working our butts off all day and night

So, has anyone rented from CamperVAN USA? Their camper vans are just the right size for us...we don't want/need anything over 20'!

As far as buying, we are looking at VW Rialta (Winnebago) and the Sprinter series of campers made by Pleasureway and several other companies.

Ideas? Comments?

Thanks!
sun4all

CamperVan YouesA

Postby monsta2ownzu » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:45 am

If you found any information about this please let me know. I put a deposit dow on a campervan from here just figuring that I would clean it well and cover every darn square inch with sheets and such.

I even asked the woman over the phone if there were any other applicable cleaning fees because I was taking the van to burning man. She said no. Now with my confirmation email I got a nice big bold sentence that says,

"Please be informed that the vehicles are not allowed to travel in Burning Man Festival as per advised by the operator."

... any advise or words of wisdom would be appreciated.
When all else fails ... plan for burning man.
monsta2ownzu

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: The Neighbourhood

Postby Packoderm » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:57 am

I'd rather rent a moving van from Budget and convert it to be habitable via free couches and other such things from craigslist. I'd use some of the savings from the rental cost of a campervan to buy a big shade structure that goes over the Budget van to keep things cool. You can buy a few 30 gallon water containers to carry water to the event and a few empty ones to carry grey water back out.
Packoderm

Return to Shelter & Camping