Artists looking for stages

Artists looking for stages

Postby AntiM » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:57 am

If you are a performer in search of a venue, please post here!

Moderator note: I simply created the thread, I do not coordinate stages and artists, nor so I have avenue of any kind.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Live Electronic Hip Hop Group: Vibrant EYEris

Postby VibrantEYEris » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:38 pm

Welcome to the age of fusion. In today's age of ground-breaking innovation,Vibrant EYEris is on a mission to help influence the progression of the Hip Hop and Electronica genres through musical fusion.

Heavily influenced by Underground/Conscious/Boom-Bap Hip Hop, Vibrant EYEris taps into the root of exploratory lyricism backed by hard-hitting and melodically versatile beats. The Electronica influence draws from such genres such as Glitch Hop, Breakbeat, Drum and Bass, House, Dubstep, and others.

Logritt The Enthusiast produces the original tracks on Reason 4.0, Numerous writes and performs all the lyrics, Rosta The Rhythm Fiend rocks the live drums, and Rudeskool lays down scratches with vinyl records.Together these musicians represent the concept of combining digital and analog technology together to bring you their rendition of musical fusion.

Vibrant EYEris has opened up for well-established musicians in a wide variety of genres in venues throughout California. These venues include: The Catalyst (Santa Cruz), Temple (SF), Velvet Jones (Santa Barbara),Downtown Brew (SLO), The Gradute (SLO), Area 33 (L.A.). and many other venues throughout California.

Earthdance 2010 showcased the group with the honor of opening the entire festival on the main-stage. Performances in festival related events for 2010ranged from Nacarubi Festival (Big Sur), Burning Man (Neveda),San Fransisco Burning Man Decompression, Santa Cruz Burning Man Decompression, Sands by the Ton (Oakland) plus others.

Since the groups emergence, they have shared the stage with artists such as: RJD2, Souls of Mischief (members of Hieroglyphics), Pep Love, Beats Antique, Nappy Roots, Dead Prez, Andre Nickatina, Abstract Rude, Zap Mamma, Matisyahu, Blackalicious, Lyrics Born, Gaudi, Kinky, Micheal Franti & Spearhead plus more.

With two releases under their belt, VE's third release "ILLadellica" is a strong step into new musical directions for the band. This 17 track album showcases their ability to maintain a constant feel while extensively pushing their musical versatility as well as the overall progression of VE's sound. Two more albums in addition to a large amount of digital releases are in the talks for 2011.
VibrantEYEris

Postby AntiM » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:49 am

Moderator note: Okay, I m leaving that post .... but as an example of FAIL! WRONG! No one wants your stinking press release and PR hype. Post who you are, links to your work, but very important .... introduce yourself in the first person, explain why you're going to Burning Man, and why your performance would be a contribution.

We ain't got no celebrities here, but we are all rock stars. Except for Mr. Fail there.

Oh, and posting it more than once is cross-posting and gets your posts deleted.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

WOW SORRY FOR POSTING OUR BIO!

Postby VibrantEYEris » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:25 pm

I didnt expect such a heavy backlash just from posting our group bio.

You know what, we are not fucking celebrities or pre-madonnas and please don't label me as such.

we are individuals like yourself and we go to burning man to connect, grow, and build as everyone else on the playa that is there does in their own way.

Our way is through music and we pay homage to the spirit guide which i like to call Vibrant EYEris.

I posted our bio because that is the EASIEST way I have found so far to let people know our history as a group, it has never been met by so much hostility, PS YOU ARE A DICK. I dont care, DIcks are cool. Just Fucking Relax and if anyone still interested in booking live hip hop feel free to hit us up.

Still with Love
Logan and VE
VibrantEYEris

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:54 pm

YOu barely read what she wrote, did you?
Slick, ad-copy type style doesn't do well in this corner of the internet. One of the things that many of us treasure about Burning Man is the near complete absence of that slick hype that permeates our culture and that can be so corrosive to honest communication between peers. I didn't even read that tripe because it was so smarmy. So, if you want to connect with people on this board, people who might offer you a place to play, you're probably going to need to adjust your pitch so that we feel respected, instead of feeling like a sheep that will be fleeced and then maybe fucked without lube.
Just a thought.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby gaminwench » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:55 pm

... posting in first person makes a big difference...
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

OK lets try this again........

Postby VibrantEYEris » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:29 pm

I understand the issues some of you are bringing up regarding posting our bio in the third person,

please also understand that we are not trying to hype ourselves up or portray ourselves as something we are not.

we are just musicians and we love you, i didnt not mean to snap back @ the group moderator but I felt like he could've simply let me know the correct posting format and I could've dealt with fixing it.

I respect and care for all my fellow burners, and don't want trivial issues such as proper "posting format" to divide us. I thought this was a forum to bring people together, yet i'm feeling more divided. I have lots of love and wish to contribute that love to the fullest extent on the playa this year!

@ moderator, IF this is still an issue I'd be happy to resolve it in any way I can. . We are here for the same reasons you are. Lets create another spectacular year out there!!! :)
PS: no hard feelings, I just felt that you reacted harshly. I understand that I made a mistake but there is more contructive ways to bring that to my attention. thanks for understanding :)
VibrantEYEris

Postby AntiM » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:54 am

Okay, I could have communicated with you. But honestly, I usually get little or no response, or I get a load of crap about how I'm oppressing the artist. I've been well trained by my interactions here over the years. Sorry about that.

You've resolved the issue by replying. so we're good. I do let such things stand, I have to stand by being "a dick" just as you get to stand by your press release. All evens out once we hit the playa anyway and the online BS is forgotten.

LOL on calling me a dick. Stick around the eplaya and say howdy, wander into the Bar thread, you'll find out just how funny that is. But I guess dicks are as cool as Mr. Fails. Hey, if you con't have a playa name already, feel free, hehehe.

(Anti M = Auntie Em)
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:07 am

Talking back to the moderator = FAIL
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Intellitard » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Hi there, my name is Benji and I am very much in search of a stage to play at on the playa. Being at Burning Man is an amazing feeling mostly in the sense that everyone in attendance is truly immersed in a community in which everyone else has something to offer and is offering what they feel is necessary to have. Being that I dedicate the majority of my time to producing dubstep and spinning dubstep, downtempo, and mashups, I would be absolutely thrilled to bring the music I create and love to share with everyone on the playa. I spin under the name Intellitard, and I would really love to play anywhere at any hour of the day. Here's a link to my latest mix on my Soundcloud, and there's some of my songs on there as well:

http://soundcloud.com/intellitard/addic ... e-bass-mix

The mix has higher quality, bassier versions of a bunch of the other songs up there as well. Hope to hear from someone, can't wait to see you all in the desert!
Intellitard

Postby AntiM » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:33 am

Try finding Bass Camp from Utah, they bring a powerful system and may be looking. Maybe not, but can't hurt to look them up.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby Intellitard » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:13 pm

Mmmmm...I love Bass Camp, not quite sure I'm big enough for them yet, but I'll check them out. I actually found out about Bass Camp at Raindance Campout cause one of our neighbors was an incredibly nice woman named Wendy who helps with Bass Camp and the Utah regional. Also, I've gotta a bunch of Burner homies from Utah otherwise, so great advice, thanks!
Intellitard

Postby tonian » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Hello!

I'll be making my way out to the Playa for the first time this year and I'd love to throw down some beats for those that would have me! I've attended several regional burns since 2009 and they have been an integral component to the most amazing and transformative period of my life. This year, I want to experience the big one in the desert and words cannot fully express how excited I am to be on this journey.

I was inspired to explore my more creative side after my first burn, Alchemy 2009, and I've been doing that partly through DJ'ing.

My favorite music to spin is psytrance (all sub-genres... I love it all!), but I also like playing house and electro. I'm getting into tribal/drumming/world type stuff, too; I like having a lot of options!

Here's a link to my latest progressive/full on psytrance set:

http://soundcloud.com/tonianoperator/orthonormal-bassis

I've also got a floaty house/hard electro set:

tonian.podomatic.com

I probably won't get out to the playa until Wednesday afternoon/evening, but I'll definitely be out there at some point with you beautiful people no matter what!
tonian

Postby cpart » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:59 am

I am not the musician and have no relation to him and his girlfriend (she is in the group too) but I saw Dub FX & Flower Fairy in Anaheim, CA for their first US appearance and they blew the roof off. I had a chance to talk to them before the show during sound checks and they said they were extremely interested in playing at Burning Man. They were very down to Earth and would fit in perfectly. Their promoter recently posted a thing on Facebook asking for connections to shows in the US this summer. I mentioned Burning Man again and he said he has no connections to people who promote and organize shows, so I thought I would try here.

Here is a couple samples of the type of music they play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiInBOVHpO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhBoR_tg ... ure=relmfu

Here is a link to the Facebook page, which is the only way I know how to contact the promoter (CAde) :

http://www.facebook.com/dubfx

I hope this helps them in getting to Burning Man. They are some righteous people.
cpart

Burning Since: 2010

House DJ looking for stages

Postby DJELiKi » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:52 am

Hey guys, hope all is well. My name is Eric and I DJ by the name ELiKi. This will be my 2nd year on the playa, and am trying to play at a bunch of stages this year as I didn't really get the chance to do so last year.

I've been working with Opulent Temple for the last 17 months and would like to expand my horizons and play other stages too. I play House music ranging from Tech house to more of a Disco tech, as well as a bit of electro if the moment is proper.

I can't imagine a year going by without me attending burning man, it changed my life.

check out my music and hopefully you will find I can be a good fit for your stage :-)

www.soundcloud.com/djeliki

thanks a bunch!

btw my email is - DJELiKi@FriscoFidget.com
DJELiKi

Postby accordionMan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Rob the accordionMan here and I love to rock my accordion on the PLAYA!!!!

I play a wide range of music and some original songs... The only music I don't play is polkas and Lady of Spain... sorry, it's a matter of principal.

Depending on the setting and mood I can do high energy classic rock by the Who, the Doors, crazy instrumentals like Peter Gunn, Apache, Walk Don't Run by the Ventures... I'm in the playa book of records for the fastest version of The Devil Goes Down to Georgia.

I love to play Doo Woop, classic rock.... Devil with The Blue Dress, Bad to The Bone.... or I can play some blues, show tunes... you name it. Chances are if I can hum it, I can play it.

Just let me know when and where and I'll be there!

Here's a link of me playing at Horny Camp, the video is rotated for about 30 seconds then it straightens out... have fun and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZHaVbDiDw
accordionMan

Wubakia wants to play!

Postby wubak » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi all,

I'm Larry, the drummer of Wubakia, an organic progjam rock band from Santa Cruz, CA.

We're planning to make our first trip to burning man this year, and we're really excited!

We are a full four piece band, including guitar, bass, drums, and tons of keyboards (hammond organ, rhodes, clavinet). We play funky, rocky music, with an emphasis on dance grooves and improvisation based off of the crowd.

Please check out some tunes here: http://www.wubakia.net

We're interested in finding places to play and/or creating a live music venue on the playa.

Please drop a line!

- Wubakia
wubak

SEX PIXELS AT BURNING MAN

Postby DJ B TRU » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:16 pm

Hello everybody,

Sex Pixels would love to DJ at your camp this year.
http://www.sex-pixels.com

Sex Pixels is a combined effort between DJs and visualists... Joining in 2011, Sex Pixels have already played at Lightning In A Bottle alongside Thievery Corporation, Bonobo, Pretty Lights, and many many more amazing acts. Please listen to our live mixes from past events. http://soundcloud.com/sex_pixels

Look forward to hearing from you and hopefully laying down a special set on your amazing stage.

booking.sexpixels@gmail.com
Last edited by DJ B TRU on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJ B TRU

ANTIOQUIA BACK IN 2011 - looking for great live sound stages

Postby Antioquia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Hello lovelies!

Antioquia is planning to come to Burning Man and we've got a few openings left for awesome sound stages. This will be our 2nd year going as a full band. last year we played Center Camp, Dustfish, Reverbia, Transmorphagon, DOTA, and several other soundstages, and we'd like to do it all over again this year! Please email MADDY at maddy.streicek@gmail.com to discuss details.

Our music: Psychedelic rock & funk meets West African & AfroColombian rhythm. Female-fronted. Danceable, adventurous, genuine, joyful.

http://www.facebook.com/antioquiaband
http://www.antioquia-band.com
http://antioquia.bandcamp.com

Our sound requirements:
~Minimum 3 mics on boom stands. Preferably 4.
~Minimum 2 monitors. Preferably 4.
~Direct Box for keyboard
~Good amplification!

Please contact MADDY at maddy.streicek@gmail.com to discuss details.
Much love & playa crust,
~maddy y antioquia
ANTIOQUIA
[an-tee-OH-kee-ah]
Amplify your soul!
www.antioquia-band.com

"Help! I'm a rock." ~Frank Zappa
Antioquia

Postby Roosterhead » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi!

I’m Luke, drummer for Roosterhead. We’re a two-man psychedelic rock band from Huntington Beach, California.

We play music that can be described as hip hop, pop, punk, rock, and funk. Our sound is somewhere between The Flaming Lips, The Who, Beastie Boys, and Cake.

We go crazy with the psychedelic colors, using blacklights, neon, and face paints, and we like to make balloon animals for the audience!

Please check us out at www.roosterheadmusic.com

This is our first time at Burning Man and we’d love to find a place to play our music and connect with new people! You can email me on band@roosterheadmusic.com

Thanks!

-Luke
Roosterhead

Roosterhead

hey thur!

Postby syhologram » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:16 pm

im heading down from canada to black rock way for the first time this year.....and would love to be able to share a dj set somewhere, but i dont know which stage i should contact...i would like to play psydub/psybient specifically..
conscious ambient dub breakfast or bubbly night epiphanies........
anybody point me in the right direction?

heres my soundcloud

http://soundcloud.com/shivayamhologram/ ... n-medicine

thank in advance! peace!
syhologram

Postby licious d » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:54 am

Hi my name is Melissa, most widely known as Dub!! I am a Denver Colorado local DJ by the name of Licious D..I have been playing for about 4 years and the genres i play include trance, breakbeats, and house. This will be my first year on the playa :)

I am going to BM this year because i feel like i need a new experience. I need that jolt of excitement and the feeling of connection that ive heard so much about. I love camping and have never been to a desert, so that would be a whole new experience in itself for me. My cousin has been trying to get me to go for years but lack of funds have kept me at home. My best friend went last year, i unfortunately wasn't able to make it because of school, but he says that there is no way he is going without me this year because of how life changing the experience was for him! I feel like i could use a positive life changing experience!

The contribution that i may be able to bring is the love of electronic music. It really means a lot to me and comes from my heart (though i may not have produced it), it has changed my life for the better and often times i find much comfort in its sound. I would like to share this feeling or be able to comfort someone as someone else has done for me with their music.

here is a link to several of my mixes and one of my produced tracks in progress

http://house-mixes.com/profile/LICIOUS_D
lil dub @ gNome dome!!
licious d

Postby fogg4444 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:30 am

Yo eplaya,

I play drums in a band called The Colony. We're a very new band from Concord, CA. My best friend/band guitarist and I attended BM for the first time last year and we really got inspired to play some stages this year.

Our music is hard to classify. It's very unique I think. A strange sub genre all it's own. Alternative but I don't like that word. Rock but not that generic.

We only have two songs recorded right now but we could probably fill a 45+ minute (maybe an hour... we're writing more...) set of original material by the time BM rolls around.

Two songs are up on our facebook page here:

www.facebook.com/thecolonylive

We are a three piece incorporating drums, bass, guitar, electric violin and of course vocals. Our bass player switches between violin and bass. Our guitarist sings. I also play a bit of solo piano during the show.

I think our band has a pretty big sound and we would love the opportunity to play through some massive sound systems if any are hosting live bands. (something I think is really lacking on the playa. (Not knocking the Dj's, I am one myself, but... there are definitely enough.)

Our sound requirements:
(for bigger sound stages this is the optimum setup but we can certainly work with less. small stages all we need is vocals)

3 vocal mic inputs (lead, special effects mic, backup/bass player)
Enough mics for a 4 piece drumset
2 bass cabs micd or direct box from amps
2 guitar cabs micd
1 violin amp micd
Direct box for a stage piano

Stages and sound camps, let me know!
-Brian

---------

I accidentally hit new topic instead of reply the first time I posted this. That's why it's out on the main board as it's own thread. I know the frequent forum users can get finicky about that. My bad. Not sure how to delete that first one.
fogg4444

Postby pinemom » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:25 am

Darn it...bands and Dj's so far only huh?

oh ROOSTERHEAD...no Balloons! Thats MOOP'y!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Magic

Postby HuDannie » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:57 pm

id luv 2 give a close-up magic show! last year i did the walk around/street magic thing but this year id like to work a bar or some tables. I'll be there all week. I've been doing magic for about 15yrs and i still luv it :)
HuDannie

Reno Rock and Roll

Postby taxe » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:22 am

Moondog Matinee would love the pleasure of gracing the playa with its fresh tunes.

Here is the EPK: http://mim.io/eab48

Please forward offers or inquiries to the contact information provided therein. [/url]
taxe

Postby pinemom » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:26 am

Offers???Taxe?

wow really? I smell a virgin......
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:47 am

pinemom wrote:Offers???Taxe?

wow really? I smell a virgin......

Offers of venues, Piney?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby daylightroots » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:24 am

Hi, I'm Daylight Roots from Reno, NV. If anyone has the need or want for some music at their camp I'll play anywhere, anytime, just let me know.

http://soundcloud.com/daylightroots
daylightroots@gmail.com

Here's some video from a recent show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8S9qL7gssg

Dark-tards have feelings too.
daylightroots

the Aristocrats!

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:40 am

WHERE ARE THE ALL THE FUCKING POLKA ACTS?

ygmir, don't say it.

jumping jesus on a pogo stick...you people call yourselves cutting edge?
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Next

Return to 2011 Art & Performance