Tired

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Tired

Postby Angry Butterfly » Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:53 pm

I am really tired after getting back and cant seem to recover. I actualy got plenty of sleep and stayed hydrated out there. But I lost my taste for food, everything tastes weird, bland, I'm eating, but it seems like the only things I can taste are red meat and cheese, which is just so wrong, because before i went out I was trying to give those things up. Please help. :(
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby sunsh1ne » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:23 am

I'm having the same problem, with being tired and no drive to eat food. The playa has a powerful ora to it, there are no real anwsers except give it time...thats what I was told. But if by chance someone out there wants to give up how they survive after the burn I'm sure there are plent y of us willing to listen.
sunsh1ne

Postby Kinetic » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:46 am

Unlike last year when I got a nice bounce after spending a week at a higher altitude than normal...3800 ft. vs 1000 ft., this year finds me very tired and having the same symptoms both of you described. This year was rough on the playa...I got dehydrated and the REMSA people had to give me an IV to get me back to normal. It's 2 weeks now since the event and I am dragging. I wish I could explain it....

I also have an eye infection that I think the Sunday dust storm caused...that's not helping either.
Kinetic

My eyes were healthy FOR ONCE!

Postby Angry Butterfly » Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:50 pm

Ha! It's Ironic, I have really sensitive eyes and the only place I have been able to wear contacts without extreme pain was out on the playa, I left them in all week, slept in them, exactly what the ads say you can do with em, and for once they never bothered me, NOT ONCE! ( I also had 2 pairs of goggles, one for day and one for night and never took them off!) but as soon as I got back to babylon, my eyes were all messed up again!
BACK TO NERD GLASSES FOR ME!
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

any more space in this whine cooler?

Postby icarus » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:15 pm

Cough, cough, cough, cough... i can't seem to get the last of p-dust cough... out.
icarus

I'm so sad

Postby Angry Butterfly » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:21 pm

I had heard that hard core burners used playa dust as a spice, and I was so curious i tasted some off my bike! IT WAS GOOD! Is that the most pathetic thing you have ever heard or what?
Angry Butterfly

why sad?

Postby icarus » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:36 pm

well, i've noticed that it's an awesome antacid. a friend dropped off a box of grapefruits from his garden (more likely, stolen) and i've inbibed many glasses of the acidic stuff without my usual acid twinge. i'm thining that dust still in my gut doing its work. perhaps i'll run the rest of the juice through my vw's air filter to further break down the acid.
icarus

Postby Angry Butterfly » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:34 pm

So that explains why I drank 3 gallons of cranberry juice last week! I will go get some more!
Angry Butterfly

Playa Dust...

Postby Skitzy » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:26 pm

I don't know... I got/ingested enough dust from the air blowing around out there that I didn't need to taste any off of my bike to see if it tasted good. :lol: if there is one thing I've grown to miss though is the playa dust under the fingernails... even clipped it still got under there.

Lots of water, a little food, a week to do nothing but sleep and very light activity, oh, and a good pharmacutical prescription for back up, like Desoxyn, always helps. Don't forget the spittune for the playa dust coughed/hacked up. :wink:
Skitzy

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks